[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mansell89

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

So, has the crisis sent Renault spinning to the brink of an F1 exit or perhaps unwittingly created the sort of budget cap that could put themselves and similar size teams like McLaren back in the fight?

PowerandtheGlory

The news today sounds more positive- with the future safe.. maybe Danny Ricc might regret leaving....
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

adrianjordan

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
30 May 2020, 12:30
The news today sounds more positive- with the future safe.. maybe Danny Ricc might regret leaving....
I doubt it. Zak's Mclaren with Merc PU and James Key et al seems a better place to be than Renault at the moment.

Their press release after Danny announced he was leaving spoke volumes about the atmosphere within the team.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

PowerandtheGlory

Maybe - but hearing the news that Mclaren have also laid off Staff including in F1 cant be great news, they were even going to mortgage their own historic race cars... I think the budget cap plays into the hands of teams like Renault..
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

godlameroso

If Alonso does come back it's going to be to race against McLaren.
Saishū kōnā

adrianjordan

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 11:38
Maybe - but hearing the news that Mclaren have also laid off Staff including in F1 cant be great news, they were even going to mortgage their own historic race cars... I think the budget cap plays into the hands of teams like Renault..
Every team will have to lay off staff to meet the new budget cap. McLaren are doing so now. As for the automotive side of the business, they were aggressively expanding and have had to curtail that for a while.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

lio007

Marko said in an OE24-interview on Friday, that Renault had to run a 2-year old chassis, but with 2020-PU's. Dunno if that was really the case.

JordanMugen

Cyril Abiteboul said:
McLaren will have to use all their tokens on the pure chassis/engine integration, so no performance development there, that will give us the opportunity to work extremely normally with Daniel.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... n/4812222/

:lol:

Typical Cyril! Funny guy sniping at the other teams.

With tensions between Williams and Mercedes w.r.t. Rokit sponsorship, perhaps that is a good opportunity for Renault to sell a customer power unit supply to Williams F1 and improve economies of scale at Viry? :D

genarro

JordanMugen wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 00:33
Cyril Abiteboul said:
McLaren will have to use all their tokens on the pure chassis/engine integration, so no performance development there, that will give us the opportunity to work extremely normally with Daniel.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... n/4812222/

:lol:

Typical Cyril! Funny guy sniping at the other teams.

With tensions between Williams and Mercedes w.r.t. Rokit sponsorship, perhaps that is a good opportunity for Renault to sell a customer power unit supply to Williams F1 and improve economies of scale at Viry? :D
it's funny. You'll never hear Cyril just saying : We wont do stupid --- and we just want to race and beat everyone fair. With his mentality Renault will have a hard time to beat the likes of Ferrari, RB, Merc and McLaren.

Neno

Cyril loves to take shots on those who betray him. RB, TR, now Mclaren. I'll bet you one of reasons Renault got back in F1 is because Marko and RB started spouting crap about them in every single interview and conference. To a point where they got funding and basically minimum 5 year plan. This team is completely built on this kind of mentality from start. I mean in one way it's French mentality. But again that's not side which will make them beat Ferrari, RB, Merc etc.

It's British side, Enstone side. They are those who are in charge of designing chassis and aero.

ThePapayaJaguar

Guenther seems like a better leader than Cyril for Renault. They need someone who is somewhat ruthless at the moment.

djos

I don’t know about that, he seems to play the blame game just as well as Cyril and that’s not a healthy culture to base your organisation on.

Mercedes uses agile style blameless retrospective and has shown how effective they are. Mistakes happen, but paths need to learn from them, improve and move forward.
Last edited by djos on 03 Jul 2020, 07:00, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

langedweil

djos wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 01:35
I don’t know about that, he send to play the blame game just as well as Cyril and that’s not a healthy culture to base your organisation on.

Mercedes uses agile style blameless retrospective and has shown how effective they are. Mistakes happen, but paths need to learn from them, improve and move forward.
Yeah, well that's partly because of the fact they had nothing to blame at all ... being a second a lap faster than anyone
HuggaWugga !

ENGINE TUNER

ThePapayaJaguar wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 01:20
Guenther seems like a better leader than Cyril for Renault. They need someone who is somewhat ruthless at the moment.
Neither seems very good at all

djos

langedweil wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 02:00
djos wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 01:35
I don’t know about that, he send to play the blame game just as well as Cyril and that’s not a healthy culture to base your organisation on.

Yeah, well that's partly because of the fact they had nothing to blame at all ... being a second a lap faster than anyone
Clearly you don’t watch F1 very closely.

You don’t suddenly implement a good culture once you start winning, you need it from early on or you Won’t succeed.

Mercedes have made plenty of mistakes and the reason they come back and win the next race etc, is they’ve learned from the mistakes in a constructive way.
"In downforce we trust"