Sky Sports F1 coverage in USA?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
detroitF1fan

Sky Sports F1 coverage in USA?

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, so, sorry if this has been asked and answered before. After doing some not very extensive Googling, I haven't found a clear answer for the best way to be able to get Sky/F1 coverage in the US (Detroit area). I'm looking for coverage that includes FP1-3 and Quali sessions as well as the race, so, just basic ESPN coverage isn't gonna do it for me. I read something about using NOW TV but it seems I have to sign up for everything Sky, not just the F1 package- I'm on a budget and don't need/want anything else from Sky Sports. Any help on whether it's possible to just get an F1 package or any help in general would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

Jolle

Re: Sky Sports F1 coverage in USA?

F1 TV is I think what you’re after. That’s just the on track action with Sky Sport commentary and no other stuff.

Juzh

If you want complete and full sky experience you'll need to dive into shady IPTV options, I don't believe there's actually a legit way to watch sky in usa.

If you're content with just sky commentary for all sessions with Ted roaming in the pitlane then F1TV is the right fit.

bill shoe

Also, if you're a Detroit area F1 fan, there will be good watch parties available to you in that area. Not a direct answer to your question, but something to keep in mind. Being an F1 fan in the U.S. is often too much of a solitary passion.

hollus

What’s the cost of F1TV for this season? Have they changed it after Covid19?I guess they are still deciding that with a wait and see approach?
Rivals, not enemies.

detroitF1fan

Thanks everyone. I'm looking on F1 TV right now... the Pro package is $80 USD for the year. In my mind that's not too bad. Gonna pull the trigger on it I think.

strad

I get SKY as part of Xfinity on the three ESPN channels. Gets old having to find out which one.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

detroitF1fan

strad, yeah I don't have traditional cable. Just internet and the usual streaming services.

TAG

Depending on what you used to stream live TV if it has ESPN coverage as part of your streaming package it may have the Sky coverage. As mentioned you just have to find out where but most of the races 80% of them are usually on ESPN2. So if you've got that then you're good as is without additional costs.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

strad

I have to admit that from what I read we do get an abbreviated version in that we don't get all the interviews in the post race and some other bits.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Maritimer

If you can get TSN from Canada we have the Sky broadcasts in full on there

Ringleheim

Tune in to ESPN and you can watch the English Sky broadcast for free.

They picked up the contract from NBC a couple of years ago.

F1 coverage in the USA has never been better.

ENGINE TUNER

detroitF1fan wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 19:40
Thanks everyone. I'm looking on F1 TV right now... the Pro package is $80 USD for the year. In my mind that's not too bad. Gonna pull the trigger on it I think.
If you have access to the ESPN app you can stream all free practices, qualifying and races. If not mobdro or redboxtv is your friend