[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lio007

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Impressive factory:

etusch

Bandit1216 wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 11:13
Pure wishful thinking, I admit;

I hope das system has most advantage on long straits. Starting the season with races on Red Bull prone circuits might give Max the chance to be ahead by the time they reach Monza and Spa, so Lewis will have to chase and therefore lose the edge. Also I would not be surprised RB will turn up with there own das soon. It's not that complicated imo.
considering Redbull's technicall ability I will assume that das is not that important if Redbull has not got it when season started

etusch

LM10

etusch wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 17:28
Bandit1216 wrote:

I hope das system has most advantage on long straits. Starting the season with races on Red Bull prone circuits might give Max the chance to be ahead by the time they reach Monza and Spa, so Lewis will have to chase and therefore lose the edge. Also I would not be surprised RB will turn up with there own das soon. It's not that complicated imo.
considering Redbull's technicall ability I will assume that das is not that important if Redbull has not got it when season started
Factories have been closed for 2 months. How should they have worked on DAS in order to put it on the car when the season starts in 3 weeks?
The system itself is simple, but the real problem would be the complete redesign of the front architecture. If I can remember, there was talk going on that RedBull’s design would make it especially hard for them to install DAS on their car.

adrianjordan

LM10 wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 09:25
etusch wrote:
Bandit1216 wrote:

Factories have been closed for 2 months. How should they have worked on DAS in order to put it on the car when the season starts in 3 weeks?
The system itself is simple, but the real problem would be the complete redesign of the front architecture. If I can remember, there was talk going on that RedBull’s design would make it especially hard for them to install DAS on their car.
I remember that too. It was something to do with the angle of the suspension members on the Red Bull which is why they were so vocal about protesting it.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

Bandit1216 wrote:

Lewis doesn't lose his edge when he's chasing. He's said himself that he prefers to be the hunter than the hunted.

Anyway, while we're wishful thinking, here's hoping Albon takes the fight to Lewis!! 😝

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

etusch

LM10 wrote:
etusch wrote:
Bandit1216 wrote:

until factory close by decision of fia, I think, they would have been worked on it if they had intention to apply it to their car.
If it is harder to apply it to Redbull, it must not be problem for Redbull. And I will believe that it is harder compared others if only that said by a Redbull guy, not a journalist.

adrianjordan

etusch wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 12:12
LM10 wrote:
etusch wrote:

until factory close by decision of fia, I think, they would have been worked on it if they had intention to apply it to their car.
If it is harder to apply it to Redbull, it must not be problem for Redbull. And I will believe that it is harder compared others if only that said by a Redbull guy, not a journalist.
Factories were closed by the UK government. I highly doubt F1 Team was classed as an essential industry.

etusch

adrianjordan wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 14:09
etusch wrote:
LM10 wrote:

Factories were closed by the UK government. I highly doubt F1 Team was classed as an essential industry.
My point is that they can still work unless fia close

Just_a_fan

etusch wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 14:45
adrianjordan wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 14:09
etusch wrote:

My point is that they can still work unless fia close
The FIA did close them. It happened once it became clear that Ferrari / STR would be disadvantaged by the Italian lock down of the area their factories are in. After the FIA closed them, the UK Government then implemented a lock down which effectively reinforced the closure implemented by the FIA.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Espresso

LM10 wrote:
There is nothing limiting people to fiddle around at home with a pc with CAD software at home......
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

LM10

Espresso wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 17:01
LM10 wrote:
There is nothing limiting people to fiddle around at home with a pc with CAD software at home......
Yes, but the manufacturing process including wind tunnel tests etc. will take longer than just 3 weeks.

godlameroso

A fair amount of parts had already been signed off after winter testing. Parts not yet ready for Melbourne.
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan

Espresso wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 17:01
LM10 wrote:
If they are subjected to the UK furlough system there is: it's illegal. Any work done by an employee for their employer whilst on furlough is not allowed.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

godlameroso

Depends on the type of contract and nationality of the employee. These things can be incredibly complex. Imagine if international employees had to be subject to tax codes of both in their place of residence and the factory.
Saishū kōnā