[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
etsmc

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

prediction time people... how much do you think you have improved over your Monaco time??
I have my last simulation running and i think i have made an improvement of 1.49s over my Monaco time partly thanks to you guys here with the help on rear wing profiles and such.

machin

Nice! That’s a huge step! There are no big changes for me, so I will be submitting a Pre-qualifying time based on the aero coefficients of my car fron Monaco, and hoping there will actually be an improvement.... 🤞🤞🤞 😊
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

jjn9128

I gained 1/10s which is not enough. I had a new sidepod which looked promising but the cases I've run have had some issue I can't identify leaving me with Cd>30. The issue seems to be on the engine inlet surface and I can't find a hole anywhere.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

machin

Presumably you are using a slightly bigger inlet surface (so it intersects with the bodywork) as instructed by Andre back on page 25?

jjn9128

machin wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 13:05
Presumably you are using a slightly bigger inlet surface (so it intersects with the bodywork) as instructed by Andre back on page 25?
I had not but will try next run.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Joe7218

I just uploaded my car for race 2. Managed to fix some of my issues with the floor and rear wing which greatly improved my overall balance (from 1.4 to 1.7m). I'm happy with my upgrades, so hopefully I will jump up a few places :D

MaccaRacing

Car submitted! Managed to get some downforce with a lot of effort... New front wing, new sidepods and other stuff. But I had no possibilities of running a "mvrc" simulation so I don't know where I will end up 😅

machin

Sounds like we’re going to have a pretty tight grid! (Unless the guys at the front have stretched out further!)...

AratzH

I submitted a wrong part by mistake (would not correct the warning for race 1), can I use the grace submission to correct it? If so, should I use the same link?
MVRC -> TF

machin

I think in the past we’ve said the “joker” must be declared in advance... (that has a reason: so that Andre doesn’t press ahead with getting the ‘wrong’ car ready for the CFD run)..

LVDH

machin wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 00:26
I think in the past we’ve said the “joker” must be declared in advance... (that has a reason: so that Andre doesn’t press ahead with getting the ‘wrong’ car ready for the CFD run)..
Also because it would be pretty unfair otherwise. Imagine you submit a car and on Monday discover a huge improvement, work on it and submit the car on Tuesday then...

AratzH

That's what I thought. It's totally fair.
MVRC -> TF

LVDH

AratzH wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 15:20
That's what I thought. It's totally fair.
Sarcasm or fatalism?

AratzH

Fatalism haha. I did this to myself #-o
MVRC -> TF

LVDH

Congratulations to Team Logozzo. They uploaded every part as a single file to Dropbox. Lets see how Richard can convince me to not find a good reason for a penalty, what a master move...