[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Oh, that's not good. :(
"In downforce we trust"

ScottR267

cbbcisace wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 23:40
Looks like McLaren have got some increased sponsorship deals. More BAT, Estrella, FXPro, CNBC and DarkTrace logos
Good to see that they have filled the blank space even if it’s with their current sponsors rather than new ones. Not a big fan of the additional BAT brands placement areas, looks to overcrowded for my liking

mclaren111

NathanOlder

Re: McLaren MCL35

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

mclaren111

Which team is Purple ??

FW17

I hope they loose. The debt should be taken by the shareholders against their assets and not on a company that is milked dry.

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 21:23
diffuser wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 19:08
Macklaren wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 14:46

Doubt it. Renault would have made that VERY clear then. Also, McL rented Silverstone for 3 days to run an F3 car...can't be cheap
35K in pounds for a weekend. A New OLD PU would have cost them alot more than that. Something like 1 - 2 million pounds.
Interestingly, Marko claims Renault used a 2020 engine in a 2018 car. I don’t know how he would have that information, is it even allowed?
It isn't allowed, which is why they needed the old PU. Marko was just pissed that they let Renault practice at RBRing. So he's just make shiit up.

Macklaren

mclaren111 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 12:48
Which team is Purple ??
I was surprised to see this...the Mclaren graphic is actually incorrect and not the actual "rainbow" logo used by F1 for this initiative. The actual F1 logo has pink, white, maroon in it...wonder which logo will appear on the car in austria

mwillems

mclaren111 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 10:53
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... _the_team/

More changes at McLaren...
And this is what I was talking about throughout my recent posts, Mclaren can get the money, but what will it cost?

As I suggested before, I think that the bondholders and banks are doing to the existing shareholders what Ron Dennis failed to do. The current owners won't do what the investors want in order to secure the cash, and one way or another, something is going to give.

I wonder if Stroll wished he had waited just another year before buying a team!
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

ncx
ncx

Macklaren wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 15:43
mclaren111 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 12:48
Which team is Purple ??
I was surprised to see this...the Mclaren graphic is actually incorrect and not the actual "rainbow" logo used by F1 for this initiative. The actual F1 logo has pink, white, maroon in it...wonder which logo will appear on the car in austria
I doubt it was a mistake. Being a British team they probably chose to also acknowledge the NHS (the UK National Health Service) for their efforts against Covid and some journalists didn't notice the difference*.

*(Neither did I until Nathan's post, but I had indeed counted only 7 colours on the McL instead of 10, and I don't drink :lol:)

Last edited by ncx on 23 Jun 2020, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

Macklaren

mwillems wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 16:06
mclaren111 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 10:53
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... _the_team/

More changes at McLaren...
And this is what I was talking about throughout my recent posts, Mclaren can get the money, but what will it cost?

As I suggested before, I think that the bondholders and banks are doing to the existing shareholders what Ron Dennis failed to do. The current owners won't do what the investors want in order to secure the cash, and one way or another, something is going to give.

I wonder if Stroll wished he had waited just another year before buying a team!
I wouldn't read anything into the Mansour Ojjeh story...he has been unwell for a long time, his son has taken over his position (and he was groomed for the job for years) and his shareholding remains unchanged.

Emag

Not sure how separately do the Racing Team and the Automotive Business operate at McLaren.

From what I have read online, it seems like the Automotive Business is not doing so hot from the whole COVID situation. Presumably, all of these shenanigans about securing more funds are happening to help the Automotive Business survive through the crisis.

Naturally, all car manufacturers have suffered great losses from the pandemic, but it is a little worrying that only McLaren has come out publicly admitting their financial struggles. I wouldn't expect Mercedes to be impacted that much by it, because the company is huge. And Ferrari as a brand is much more valuable than McLaren so they shouldn't be too shaken up by this, but even Renault hasn't been public about any financial issues caused by the pandemic.

I hope the Racing Team will not be used to cover the finances of the Automotive side, because in that case it's gonna be tough to expect anything from McLaren in terms of in-season developments this season, and potentially compromises may be made for next year too, which is very important considering the engine change.

saviour stivala

In 2019 the F1 team accounts to just 12.5% of the group revenue the supercar division to 83.9%. This of the group’s 1.5BLN STG. This year the loss is 600% (165.6m). the supercar division looks like going to be the down-fall of the F1 team.

adrianjordan

Emag wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 20:20
Not sure how separately do the Racing Team and the Automotive Business operate at McLaren.

From what I have read online, it seems like the Automotive Business is not doing so hot from the whole COVID situation. Presumably, all of these shenanigans about securing more funds are happening to help the Automotive Business survive through the crisis.

Naturally, all car manufacturers have suffered great losses from the pandemic, but it is a little worrying that only McLaren has come out publicly admitting their financial struggles. I wouldn't expect Mercedes to be impacted that much by it, because the company is huge. And Ferrari as a brand is much more valuable than McLaren so they shouldn't be too shaken up by this, but even Renault hasn't been public about any financial issues caused by the pandemic.

I hope the Racing Team will not be used to cover the finances of the Automotive side, because in that case it's gonna be tough to expect anything from McLaren in terms of in-season developments this season, and potentially compromises may be made for next year too, which is very important considering the engine change.
Ferrari is part of a much larger parent company. Renault did have problems, only a few weeks ago we were hearing stories that Renault might go under.

McLaren will be fine. The budget for the race team will already be in place for this season and they have plenty of time to sort next.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jolle

adrianjordan wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 23:03
Emag wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 20:20

Ferrari is part of a much larger parent company. Renault did have problems, only a few weeks ago we were hearing stories that Renault might go under.

McLaren will be fine. The budget for the race team will already be in place for this season and they have plenty of time to sort next.
The big difference between Daimler, FCO and McLaren is that McLaren is a very young company and are still in their cycle to get out of the startup phase. They have more debt then equity (around 2 billion pounds), so no lea way. The older companies have credit they can use, stock they can sell or even companies they can sell.
Apart from being under water, they are financed with short term loans that need to be refinanced.