Charles Leclerc

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Dee
Dee

Re: Charles Leclerc

FrukostScones wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 18:16
If Max is a spoiled & protected kid that thinks he can get away with it.... this is the real deal, squared.
Protected?

Leclerc's manager is the F1 boss's son who also was also the top man at Ferrari.... Leclerc got a white and black flag that got pulled out of the FIA's ass so he could win in Monza and don't even get me started on Suzuka when the FIA thought it was perfectly ok for Leclerc to ram Verstappen off the road. I mean they watched it and decided no action was necessary, only changing their minds when fans were losing their minds and Max called them out and then decided to give a penalty after the race when the incident happened on lap one!

Spoilt?

Leclerc was on the radio like a spoilt kid everytime something didn't go his way last year. I don't agree with this, we will have to talk about this etc etc

Imagine being so spoilt that you want to get the benefit of qualifying second while sitting on pole?

Because that's what Leclerc did in Russia, it is always better to start second there due to the slipstream. How many times have Mercedes been 1/2 and it's been a free race from the start even with the wdc on the line. Whoever gets to the first corner in the lead, gets to keep the lead. Instead Leclerc went to the Ferrari management before the race and said if ye don't get Vettel to agree to stay behind me at the start then I can't guarantee I will move over and give the slipstream to Hamilton. As if that was going to happen. The team should have told him to shove it. I'm glad that Vettel kept the lead after getting a better start than Leclerc. Hearing Leclerc on the radio saying that Vettel needed to give the position back made me so mad and then to see Ferrari actively sabotage Vettel with the pitstop so Leclerc could retake the lead made me sick. Protected?? Leclerc is going to be the most protected driver in the history of the sport
Last edited by Dee on 25 Jun 2020, 11:44, edited 5 times in total.

NathanOlder

Dee wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 10:24
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:58
Already emerged, was strong on tracks he had experience on(including F2), was mostly right behind Vettel on the ones he didn't have experience in. Dominant in Bahrain, slight mistake in Baku. Strong in Spa, Monza. Robbed by Ferrari in Singapore, backstabbed and sabotaged by Vettel in Russia, poor strategy in Mexico. LEC could have easily won 5 or 6 races last year with as good as he was driving.

Over the course of 2019 he was probably the 2nd best driver after Hamilton having made less mistakes than VER.

He is the real deal
Don't even start. Leclerc had way more mistakes last season and backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel in Monza Q3. The race directly after Vettel had held back Hamilton so he could win.........

Leclerc lost his head many times last year when he wasn't at the front. Monaco was the prime example. And I noticed all year that when he fell back or was down the grid he gave up the fight. So many times I was looking at the live timing expecting him to get the gap down and instead it stayed put.
Monaco he didnt lose his head. He said what he was going to do before the race, and did exactly that. Went full risk and full attack. The only way to get up to the points. Thats not losing his head.

As for Vettel is Spa, thats rubbish. Seb went for a 2 stop, they left him out until Lewis passed him, if I recall, Seb made 1 defensive move into the final chicane, which meant Lewis was close enough to pass in to Les Combes. Seb didnt help Charles out at all. He did as they all do, defend his own position. What was he going to do? pull over and let Lewis go past ?!? Seb was told to let Charles by "This Lap" which didnt happen, The lap before Seb let Charles go, Charles lost 1.6 seconds to Lewis as Seb didnt let Charles through like he was told!

So there was no way in hell Seb helped Charles to victory, Seb almost screwed up and gifted the victory to Mercedes! If Seb let Lewis overtake into the bus stop instead of defending, he would have had an easy run back past the Mercedes with DRS down the Kemmel, but I guess Seb lost his head :roll:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Dee
Dee

NathanOlder wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 11:22
Dee wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Already emerged, was strong on tracks he had experience on(including F2), was mostly right behind Vettel on the ones he didn't have experience in. Dominant in Bahrain, slight mistake in Baku. Strong in Spa, Monza. Robbed by Ferrari in Singapore, backstabbed and sabotaged by Vettel in Russia, poor strategy in Mexico. LEC could have easily won 5 or 6 races last year with as good as he was driving.

Over the course of 2019 he was probably the 2nd best driver after Hamilton having made less mistakes than VER.

He is the real deal
Don't even start. Leclerc had way more mistakes last season and backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel in Monza Q3. The race directly after Vettel had held back Hamilton so he could win.........

Leclerc lost his head many times last year when he wasn't at the front. Monaco was the prime example. And I noticed all year that when he fell back or was down the grid he gave up the fight. So many times I was looking at the live timing expecting him to get the gap down and instead it stayed put.
Monaco he didnt lose his head. He said what he was going to do before the race, and did exactly that. Went full risk and full attack. The only way to get up to the points. Thats not losing his head.

As for Vettel is Spa, thats rubbish. Seb went for a 2 stop, they left him out until Lewis passed him, if I recall, Seb made 1 defensive move into the final chicane, which meant Lewis was close enough to pass in to Les Combes. Seb didnt help Charles out at all. He did as they all do, defend his own position. What was he going to do? pull over and let Lewis go past ?!? Seb was told to let Charles by "This Lap" which didnt happen, The lap before Seb let Charles go, Charles lost 1.6 seconds to Lewis as Seb didnt let Charles through like he was told!

So there was no way in hell Seb helped Charles to victory, Seb almost screwed up and gifted the victory to Mercedes! If Seb let Lewis overtake into the bus stop instead of defending, he would have had an easy run back past the Mercedes with DRS down the Kemmel, but I guess Seb lost his head :roll:
Full attack can be done in a risk adverse manner. Max went from P20 to P9 in Monaco 2018. Charles was flying into overtakes with no regard for anyone. When he went back to the pits, he went way too fast on a flat tyre. I mean, have you looked at the footage? You cannot but cringe watching him absolutely flake his car around the track. He absolutely lost his head.

If Vettel had not held Hamilton up in Spa, Charles would not have won the race

NathanOlder

If Vettel had not held Charles up in Spa, Charles would have won by a bigger gap. Fact is, Seb was asked to let Charles by "This Lap" and he didnt. So dont give me this garbage about him being a team player and helping Charles out. Seb made 1 defensive move to hold Lewis up, and by doing so, Seb remained in front of Lewis for another couple of corners.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Bill

Charles leclerc so nothing antagonistic or adversarial like why Charles Leclerc would not win in 2020 come on guys be fair

Jolle

I think in Leclerc we have a very clever driver who knows the game off track as well, bit of an Alonso. Hope he doesn’t going to paint himself into a corner like Fernando.
I think he brilliantly took his chance to dismantle Vettel’s position at Ferrari even further.

On track, he’s not there yet, but that won’t take long. He’s quick and has the same as Hamilton and Verstappen that racing is so natural to him, that he can use his spare brain power to fight in close battles.

ENGINE TUNER

Dee wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:

He is the real deal
Don't even start. Leclerc had way more mistakes last season and backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel in Monza Q3. The race directly after Vettel had held back Hamilton so he could win.

Leclerc crashed into two cars, crashed out of two races, crashed out of qualifying, crashed with a teammate, got black and white flagged for unportsmanlike driving and got a penalty for dangerous behaviour.

If we are going to compare Leclerc to Hamilton, Leclerc is nowhere near Lewis in tyre management, race pace or wet weather driving. He cannot win without having the fastest car and even at that only won 2/7 from pole last year.

He held his head in Monza but he was on the better tyre, had 0.5 on the straight and had the stewards in his back pocket.

Leclerc is championship material, same as Verstappen but he is not going to win against Lewis anytime soom
Complete BS in bold. You make some valid points but they are shadowed by the complete nonsense. LEC did nothing wrong in Monza Q3 or in Brazil.

Dee
Dee

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 15:17
Dee wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:

He is the real deal
Don't even start. Leclerc had way more mistakes last season and backstabbed and sabotaged Vettel in Monza Q3. The race directly after Vettel had held back Hamilton so he could win.

Leclerc crashed into two cars, crashed out of two races, crashed out of qualifying, crashed with a teammate, got black and white flagged for unportsmanlike driving and got a penalty for dangerous behaviour.

If we are going to compare Leclerc to Hamilton, Leclerc is nowhere near Lewis in tyre management, race pace or wet weather driving. He cannot win without having the fastest car and even at that only won 2/7 from pole last year.

He held his head in Monza but he was on the better tyre, had 0.5 on the straight and had the stewards in his back pocket.

Leclerc is championship material, same as Verstappen but he is not going to win against Lewis anytime soom
Complete BS in bold. You make some valid points but they are shadowed by the complete nonsense. LEC did nothing wrong in Monza Q3 or in Brazil.
Leclerc broke an agreement to give Vettel the tow in Monza. It is well documented. That is why Binotto said "Congratulations Charles, All is forgiven" at the end of the race

Charles crashed with his teammate in Brazil. That happened. Vettel squeezed, Leclerc didn't back down after a certain point. Game of chicken between both that resulted in a double DNF.

ENGINE TUNER

Dee wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 15:38
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Dee wrote:

Leclerc broke an agreement to give Vettel the tow in Monza. It is well documented. That is why Binotto said "Congratulations Charles, All is forgiven" at the end of the race

Charles crashed with his teammate in Brazil. That happened. Vettel squeezed, Leclerc didn't back down after a certain point. Game of chicken between both that resulted in a double DNF.
Nobody got a 2nd lap in Monza q3, that wasn't LEC fault.

Brazil was 100% Vettel's fault, as usual.

You are making yourself look foolish.

NathanOlder

Going back to Monza qualy, as far as I was aware Charles was meant to be in front of Seb as they crossed the line to start their last run. I'm 99.9999% sure Charles was ahead of Seb. Agreement broken ?? [...]
Last edited by Steven on 26 Jun 2020, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Dee
Dee

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 15:42
Dee wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 15:38
ENGINE TUNER wrote:

Nobody got a 2nd lap in Monza q3, that wasn't LEC fault.

You are making yourself look foolish.
"Congratulations Charles, All is forgiven" Why would he need to be forgiven if he had not broken a team agreement?
Something happened in Q

Vettel would be 100% to blame in Brazil if he lost control and crashed into Leclerc's car. He didn't. He squeezed Leclerc. Leclerc backed off a bit and then said feck it, I'm not going to back off anymore. If there's contact, there's contact. I am not loosing race position coming into this corner, Vettel should back off. Vettel didn't. Their wheels touched, both retired. Racing incident with more of the blame going towards Vettel imo but not all of it. It's racing, stuff like this happens between competitive teammates.

Dee
Dee

[...] I just checked the last run on Q3, Sainz was holding back the pack to run out the clock and Leclerc stayed put. Did not try to get ahead of the leading car to set a time. The clock was running out and Leclerc knew he was going to get pole. Vettel in frustration passed Leclerc and tried to get passed the other cars before the timer went to set a lap.
Last edited by Steven on 26 Jun 2020, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments

jumpingfish

For all those say: Charles did nothing wrong. Watch onboard and when Leclerc's engineer said: Push (0:27), Leclerc just slowed down (0:30). You can easily hear it and see it.

ENGINE TUNER

jumpingfish wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 17:05
For all those say: Charles did nothing wrong. Watch onboard and when Leclerc's engineer said: Push (0:27), Leclerc just slowed down (0:30). You can easily hear it and see it.
LEC did NOTHING WRONG there were 4 cars ahead of him blocking the track, what was he supposed to do jump over them? When he went to move past them Vettel got in the way, Vettel himself was unable to get thru the traffic.
Last edited by ENGINE TUNER on 25 Jun 2020, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

jumpingfish

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 18:01
jumpingfish wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 17:05
LEC did NOTHING WRONG there were 2 cars ahead of him blocking the track, what was he supposed to do jump over them?
Did you watch it before writing? 0:27 engineer said "Push", 0:29 he was second behind Vettel's car, where do you see there "2 cars blocking the track"? 0:30 Leclerc slowed down and then let Mclaren go ahead. It was the reason Vettel spat on team orders in Sochi.