[ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
tomazy

Re: [ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 18:26
tomazy wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 09:58
Becouse it was also widly published that they terminated the contract becouse Rokit did not pay the money. Williams is surprised that other teams are interested in Rokit if they screwed a diffirent F1 team before. Of corse, we probably dont know the whole story.
If Rokit didn't pay what the contract stipulated then sue them, don't let them out of the contract and then be mad when they take that money elsewhere. More poor decisions by Williams management. There are reasons why contracts are drawn up and signed.
If Williams did not terminate the contract, they would still have to do there part of the contract or risk being sued themselve. That would mean, promoting Rokit brand for free and they did not want that. And also, how do you know that Williams is not sueing or will not sue Rokit for the money?

ENGINE TUNER

tomazy wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 19:27
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 18:26
tomazy wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 09:58
Becouse it was also widly published that they terminated the contract becouse Rokit did not pay the money. Williams is surprised that other teams are interested in Rokit if they screwed a diffirent F1 team before. Of corse, we probably dont know the whole story.
If Rokit didn't pay what the contract stipulated then sue them, don't let them out of the contract and then be mad when they take that money elsewhere. More poor decisions by Williams management. There are reasons why contracts are drawn up and signed.
If Williams did not terminate the contract, they would still have to do there part of the contract or risk being sued themselve. That would mean, promoting Rokit brand for free and they did not want that. And also, how do you know that Williams is not sueing or will not sue Rokit for the money?
Valid points, but Merc seem to trust Rokit. If Williams released them, then Williams probably have no grounds to sue. If Rokit did not pay(on time or otherwise) Williams would not need to continue displaying their sponsorship and would be in the clear from being sued. It's all in the contracts and it seems Williams is the loser in all of this again, because of poor management decisions.... again.

JordanMugen

adrianjordan wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 02:44
Nice!!

If they lose the red, this could end up being a really nice livery!!
I preferred last year's livery with the airbrush effect. Hopefully Williams bring that back. =D>
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 21:03

Poor management by Williams, exactly why they are in the position they are.
I don't know about, there could be many reasons one way or the other. Lavazza branding will look great on the Williams. =D>

Lavazza blue seems very close to Sir Frank's favoured Williams Blue... :) Though it seems Claire will be sticking with the sky blue colour for some reason. :wtf:

ENGINE TUNER

JordanMugen wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 01:01
adrianjordan wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 02:44
Nice!!

If they lose the red, this could end up being a really nice livery!!
I preferred last year's livery with the airbrush effect. Hopefully Williams bring that back. =D>
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 21:03

Poor management by Williams, exactly why they are in the position they are.
I don't know about, there could be many reasons one way or the other. Lavazza branding will look great on the Williams. =D>

Lavazza blue seems very close to Sir Frank's favoured Williams Blue... :) Though it seems Claire will be sticking with the sky blue colour for some reason. :wtf:

https://www.efmp.com/news/489/20181217-214425.jpeg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ped%29.jpg
The type of blue paint on the car doesn't pay the bills or make it faster

Sevach

ScrewCaptain27

It looks empty.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

santos

It looks soooo much better. From one of the worst liveries in F1, into one of the most beautiful. It may looks empty, but BRAWN GP also looked like that and it's one of the most iconic liveries of recent times.

Sevach

I don't think it looks any "emptier", all the sponsor spots that were Rokit+Ark Beer are occupied (even if a major one is with "Williams") .
Interms of overall livery it's more cohesive, less busy.

In more objective terms, how much the Sofina + Acronis upgrade will make up for Rokit?
I also heard something saying that Williams was gonna sue Rokit.

adrianjordan

Thinking about it, Toto is a share holder in Williams and Mercedes F1 and so is likely to have knowledge of what happened.

If Rokit had been at fault, why would he then trust them as a sponsor of his main team?

I think the person who mentioned Williams looking for a buyer as the reason for the contract ending is spot on.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

JordanMugen

Sevach wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 10:35
I don't think it looks any "emptier", all the sponsor spots that were Rokit+Ark Beer are occupied (even if a major one is with "Williams") .
It looks a bit like a backmarker or GP2 livery to me, a white car with some logos slapped on it and a bit of an arbitrary stripe. :|

I think this is the first time Williams has been one of the major sponsors on it's own car?

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 02:56
The type of blue paint on the car doesn't pay the bills or make it faster
That's true but I remind you of the quote from Patrick Head:
"If Frank could paint the cars how he wanted, he'd paint them blue."

And when Sir Frank had the chance he did paint them blue, and it did look rather smart and distinctive, with the dark blue providing an excellent neutral background for a wide variety of sponsors.

Scorpaguy

Nice livery...but have a question. How large a company is Lavazza...relatively? At 2 billion Euro a year, it is a third the size of Red Bull...but to me it still seems to have potential as a major sponsor...maybe???

Sevach

Scorpaguy wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 00:13
Nice livery...but have a question. How large a company is Lavazza...relatively? At 2 billion Euro a year, it is a third the size of Red Bull...but to me it still seems to have potential as a major sponsor...maybe???
Lafiti sr is a potential buyer, he won't become title sponsor or give Williams 50 mil right now just because he can, he'll want everything signed before he invests heavily.

wogx

Nice livery
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

ENGINE TUNER

Nice livery indeed, but aren't the little arrows pointing the wrong way? No wonder they have so much drag

PlatinumZealot

The littles arrow heads are showing the relative direction of the air over the car I guess. Or maybe reminding the marshals to look behind at all times before they start waving those blue flags.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏