The different balance of the new calendar

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: The different balance of the new calendar

I hope DAS comes into play for Mercedes to run an aggressive tyre setting. Should help them massively in qualifying and off the line. I don't care; .dominance again please.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Ringleheim

I don't think the tracks will play that much of a role in the season, assuming there is a season.

I think the Mercedes will still be the fastest car and it will be able to win at most if not all tracks.

falonso81

Here's an idea. For the second race on the same track, have them race in the opposite direction. Should make things fun.

dans79

falonso81 wrote: โ†‘
21 Jul 2020, 22:40
Here's an idea. For the second race on the same track, have them race in the opposite direction. Should make things fun.
That's been brought up already, but there are issues with that all related to safety on most tracks.
  • run off areas aren't designed to work in both directions.
  • the pass throughs in the barriers are only designed for cars racing in one direction.
197 104 103 7

Xwang

dans79 wrote: โ†‘
21 Jul 2020, 23:13
falonso81 wrote: โ†‘
21 Jul 2020, 22:40
That's been brought up already, but there are issues with that all related to safety on most tracks.
  • run off areas aren't designed to work in both directions.
  • the pass throughs in the barriers are only designed for cars racing in one direction.
They could run in the normal direction but with cars that go in reverse and pilots who see the track through the mirrors ... maybe in that case Ferrari's engineers discover that the car works better aerodynamically :-)
I'm joking!

Mr5in1

Does anyone know if F1 are still going to use the "oval" option in Bahrain as an alternative 2nd race there? I was hoping they would also run one at day and one at night to further offset races at the same track.