F1 Car Control and Strategy

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Dee
Dee

F1 Car Control and Strategy

I love when drivers display great car control whether it be recovering a car from a slide, reacting to another car, a great overtake or just smart thinking. Since we have F1TV and access now to onboards, it might be fun to start a thread based on the drivers technical and strategic skill inside the car. If you have any favourite moments, please post them here and as the season goes on we can highlight and discuss impressive car control and strategy

Dee
Dee

Re: F1 Car Control and Strategy

I'll start this off with one of my favourite strategies;

Max is Spain 2016. He talks to Brundle about two major strategic things he did to win the race against Kimi.

* He let Kimi catch up to him to ruin his tyres

* Used his knowledge of the Ferrari engine which he had been using in the Toro Rosso to recognize when Kimi was pushing and when he had to recharge. When Kimi recharged, Max recharged and this allowed Max to stay ahead

PlatinumZealot

Dee wrote: โ†‘
29 Jun 2020, 13:15
I love when drivers display great car control whether it be recovering a car from a slide, reacting to another car, a great overtake or just smart thinking. Since we have F1TV and access now to onboards, it might be fun to start a thread based on the drivers technical and strategic skill inside the car. If you have any favourite moments, please post them here and as the season goes on we can highlight and discuss impressive car control and strategy
Yes there is a thread on this already. "Driver styles and preferences" some in depth driving stuff in that old thread.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Dee
Dee

PlatinumZealot wrote: โ†‘
29 Jun 2020, 16:23
Dee wrote: โ†‘
29 Jun 2020, 13:15
Yes there is a thread on this already. "Driver styles and preferences" some in depth driving stuff in that old thread.
I looked at that thread and it is very interesting, here we are looking at individual moments that show car control and strategy, not a broad look at styles or preferences