Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
NathanOlder

Re: Racing games

Yeah, I have never used rFactor 2, but iRacing seems faultless in the time I have used that.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Out of interest, do many people here use iRacing ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SteveRacer

I too am on iRacing. I have run a few endurance events since 2017 and I have not experienced any issues. There was an issue during Sebring when I ran in 2018. My split had zero issues but one of the others had disconnects.

Very excited as my DD wheel shows up on Monday.

Alonso Fan

Got my csl elite and due to unavailability of the lc kit I shelled out for the clubsport v3 pedals. Insanely good, all of it. Had an issue with drivers but all fixed now. Have the Universal hub with the Porsche wheel rim, a dream to drive.

So some things that I noticed which are different from my g25:
- it’s a lot smoother and very quiet, almost inaudible
- you can feel the belt flex, so when you’re about to spin out, on the g25 you used to get an instant force increase which instantly told you that you were going to spin. With the csl that increase in force is slightly more gradual due to the belt flex I assume, so you have to drive with more attention. Some ffb tweaks can lessen this phenomenon.
- pedals have more travel and you have to get used to braking consistently with the lc. Got the brake performance kit too. Instantly installed to get a much stiffer brake pedal and more consistent feel.

On the whole I’m really happy now I’m used to everything.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

NathanOlder

maybe we could get an F1 Technical session on iRacing sometime if we have enough interested ? 6+ maybe ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SmallSoldier

NathanOlder wrote:maybe we could get an F1 Technical session on iRacing sometime if we have enough interested ? 6+ maybe ?
Would love to race some members of F1 Technical... I don’t have subscription to Iracing though :(

Maybe something that more members may have access to? Like GT Sport?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveRacer

I would be down to turn some laps in iRacing with a group from here. I run mostly paved road but I do a little of everything.

mertol

NathanOlder

So what would be the chance for a blast on iRacing, with a car and track that comes free in the basic subscription. Could we get enough for a little race ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

mertol

It's hard to organize people. I wouldn't do it. Maybe just race the regular official series and distinguish each other with special f1technical skins.

mertol

Another suggestion for f1technical championship - we use the points from official races to see who is best. Count full points from F1 series including lotus 79 and lotus 49, 75% from any other open wheel series and 50% of the points from any non-open wheel series. Only the highest score from each week counts. Then we tally all the weeks to see who wins. Who wants to participate?

CMSMJ1

I don't have iRacing but used to race in a sim league back in the day with GPL and GTR

I have F2017/2019 and Assetto Corse at the moment.

Have no desire to be spending too much for subs for another sim - is basic Iracing 'worth' it - can you get a demo for a week?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

mertol

There is a 3 month "demo" for ~ $5. Use promo code PR-HOTLAPS

I have many other racing titles too but I don't touch them because iracing is so much better. So in that sense I get a lot more action per dollar than these other titles and is way more "worth it".

RZS10

The 2020 F1 game needs some updates ... they currently have the Ferrari engine at 94 performance (Merc 89, Renault 87, Honda 86) :lol:

CMSMJ1

mertol wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 15:50
There is a 3 month "demo" for ~ $5. Use promo code PR-HOTLAPS

I have many other racing titles too but I don't touch them because iracing is so much better. So in that sense I get a lot more action per dollar than these other titles and is way more "worth it".

My 7yr old also races on the sims too :D
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM