Any thoughts on In Season Development for 2020?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TAG

Any thoughts on In Season Development for 2020?

This year we lose the "we'll know the real pecking order when we get back to the Europe races" discussion we have every year. So I wonder if there's going to be much in the way of development this season beyond what they already had in the pipeline.

You have a shortened (and compressed) season; You have the 2021 cars which are under the semi development freeze and lastly the huge 2022 regulations changes meaning that teams will have to place a lot of focus/resources there.

My thoughts are that we'll see very little this year beyond what may have already been in the pipeline back in March. Still not sure how it will impact the midfield, I'm hoping for a slugfest there but from the perspective of the front runners, if there's a clear gap between Mercedes and Red Bull, I wonder if it will remain for the entirety of the season. On the other hand, if there's any kind of smell in the air from Mercedes being within reach, I can imagine Red Bull throwing everything plus the kitchen sink at the 2020 season.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

PlatinumZealot

Re: Any thoughts on In Season Development for 2020?

I would bet on there being a lot.. since they are not restricted by tokens nor budget this year... The twist is that next year's car will have the floor at the rear clipped like the 2009 McLaren's so stuff like floor development may be cut off at a certain point, but wing development and other aero I expect teams to push hard on.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏