[ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

genarro

Re: [ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

Sevach wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 12:16
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/ne ... n=widget-1

Some good news.
Fantastic. Hope this season will be a competitive one.

Mansell89

Early signs are good Williams fans!

Latifi ahead of Alpha Tauri, Alfa Romeo and Haas cars- looks like Williams are fighting at the very least, great to see they are not cut adrift.

nevill3

Positive start to the new season and less than a tenth of a second to getting into Q2 today. No longer the out and out back markers with a chance to beat two other teams during the coming races.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

bill shoe

nevill3 wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 20:28
Positive start to the new season and less than a tenth of a second to getting into Q2 today. No longer the out and out back markers with a chance to beat two other teams during the coming races.
Yes, Williams needed to be in touch with the field and they've accomplished that. Now they have to figure out how to pry some points out of this season. I'm a little worried that Latifi may be too far off the pace to contribute this year, but there's still time for him to rebound. But very good team start to 2020!

Peter1919

Sevach wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 12:16
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/ne ... n=widget-1

Some good news.
Except that Williams sold a majority stake in Williams Advanced Engineering last December, so it will have little effect on the main group's bottom line https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/will ... l/4616416/

Morteza

Breaking news indeed :D
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Manoah2u

No Aston Martin seat for Georgie then.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

I have NO idea what happened to Williams, but by dear God how on Earth have they managed to pull themselves out of that bottom slump?!!! Latifi is actually doing pretty well, and Russell is absolutely on fire, not in a million years would i have EVER imagined that they'd get a P12 during qually. Knowing how he started out last race, he might get some at the start and lap in a P10 for a few laps. Unfortunately though that's not where the car 'actually is' on race day. If it's 'tactics' for selling a stake they're doing a good job though. Williams needs to stay at the path they're on now. I think Rokit are slamming their heads against the wall for breaking up with Williams. Imagine all the exposure they're missing out on now, whilst Sofina and Lavazza are getting a sweet, sweet, sweet dish.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

proteus

Manoah2u wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 21:58
I have NO idea what happened to Williams, but by dear God how on Earth have they managed to pull themselves out of that bottom slump?!!! Latifi is actually doing pretty well, and Russell is absolutely on fire, not in a million years would i have EVER imagined that they'd get a P12 during qually. Knowing how he started out last race, he might get some at the start and lap in a P10 for a few laps. Unfortunately though that's not where the car 'actually is' on race day. If it's 'tactics' for selling a stake they're doing a good job though. Williams needs to stay at the path they're on now. I think Rokit are slamming their heads against the wall for breaking up with Williams. Imagine all the exposure they're missing out on now, whilst Sofina and Lavazza are getting a sweet, sweet, sweet dish.
To be honest, even last year Russell managed to drag that horrible car to P16 on the grid - a feat which was thought to be impossible.

But overall, they have managed to make an enormous progress, the final question is if they will be able to retain their positions during the race.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Macklaren

I think it's clear that the Mercedes engine is magical this year... Even Toto says that Ferrari's "superiority" last year pushed their development to breaking point. Whatever the reason, I'm very glad to see Williams doing well

littlebigcat

Give Claire Williams got all the criticism for the fall, will those who kicked her on the way down acknowledge they are improving while she is in charge?

ENGINE TUNER

The stronger engine relative to the field is helping them in qually, but they are still struggling I. The race with aero instability in traffic and tire management. Williams must accept the RP business model or risk losing the business

proteus

littlebigcat wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 00:51
Give Claire Williams got all the criticism for the fall, will those who kicked her on the way down acknowledge they are improving while she is in charge?
Hers greatest achievement was when she managed to bring Martini and Mercedes to the team. But even that watered down trough time and through the years field simply caught them and then overtook them. She tried similar feat with Rokit, but failed miserably. The question is if the damage is too big to be solved internally.

proteus

proteus wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 20:41
littlebigcat wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 00:51
Hers greatest achievement was when she managed to bring Martini and Mercedes to the team. But even that watered down trough time and through the years field simply caught them and then overtook them. She tried similar feat with Rokit, but failed miserably. The question is if the damage done is too big to be solved internally.