Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SmallSoldier

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

According to McLaren, the current plan is to race at Mugello after Spain, then to Portimao, followed by Hockenheim and then Imola... Bahrain, China and Abu Dhabi to close the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mogster

After Spain would mean moving Spa and Monza back also.

I’d rather see a one off at Imola than Hockenheim. Hockenheim in October could be grim weather wise, Imola in October would probably be OK.

NathanOlder

What we do need, is to know what races are going to be confirmed. The teams need to know for engine life ect.

If the number of races means it will be a stretch to not get engine penalties, then the teams would probably avoid doing many laps this friday. Same track, same tyres, similar weather, whats the point of friday practice ? save the engine life ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Tzk
Tzk

Here we go. Mugello confirmed for 2020:

Mogster

The cars will look incredible on the gradients and fast corners. Bring on Portimão and Imola.

El Scorchio

It'll be great to have the drivers racing on an unfamiliar track as well. Interesting to see which ones are up to speed quickly and which ones aren't. With no spectators, they really have the chance to go a bit leftfield this year and pick a few circuits that they wouldn't otherwise be able to.

Mogster

El Scorchio wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 13:33
It'll be great to have the drivers racing on an unfamiliar track as well. Interesting to see which ones are up to speed quickly and which ones aren't. With no spectators, they really have the chance to go a bit leftfield this year and pick a few circuits that they wouldn't otherwise be able to.
It gives a chance to see how these very different types of venue work with modern F1 cars, as you say it’d be a shame to miss this opportunity. Overtaking will be difficult but then overtaking isn’t everything, I’m not a DRS hater but I don’t think anyone finds an overpowered DRS drive by particularly exciting to watch. These tracks will require precision, commitment and harshly punish mistakes, I’m looking forward to them (if they happen...)

NathanOlder

Can't wait to see if they can go through Arrabbiata 1 and 2 flat-out.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

falonso81

Hope there is no crowd allowed. As a Ferrari fan, its going to be painfull.

Restomaniac

El Scorchio wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 13:33
Yep. I’d be interested in somewhere like Brands Hatch being looked at too. Somewhere that is totally off the normal radar of F1. Before anyone says it’s only grade 2, I know.
Last edited by Restomaniac on 10 Jul 2020, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

cooken

NathanOlder wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 19:05
Can't wait to see if they can go through Arrabbiata 1 and 2 flat-out.
Should be easy flat, the qualy laps will be wild.

Mogster

Flat from T6 to T10 probably. Get it wrong and you won’t forget the experience in a hurry. The whole section will be 290kph+ and there’s not a lot of run off.

MtthsMlw

T6 and 7 looking great. I think T8 and 9 will be easy flat.

Mogster

German media suggesting the following is likely.

October 11 - Hockenheim (replacing Montreal, Liberty thinks the weather risk is too great)
October 18 - Imola
October 25 - Portimao

ESPImperium

Mogster wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 17:36
German media suggesting the following is likely.

October 11 - Hockenheim (replacing Montreal, Liberty thinks the weather risk is too great)
October 18 - Imola
October 25 - Portimao
I like those 3 tracks in there. Add in 2 in Bahrain and 2 in Abu Dhabi and we have 17 races, one short of the 18 that Liberty wanted, one more than my ideal of 16. Ill take that.

Just need to get Codemasters to include Mugello, Imola and Portimao and port over Hockenhiem in F1 2020.