[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

genarro wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 23:15
Just watching the tech report on f1 official chanell and the analyst said that RP brought a new wing design to Austria. And the wing is a blody copy of Mercs Melbourne spec rear wing.. Haha what a classless bunch of twats
Pink Panthers are breaking heart of lots of 'FanBoys' :D :D :D

PlatinumZealot

Nice symmetry. Mercedes W11 parts should work in theory.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

shotzski

PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 00:48
Yes it is. But if it were the case, will these parts upset the overall balance of the car? W10 base slapped with W11 add ons.

PlatinumZealot

shotzski wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 01:24
PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 00:48
Yes it is. But if it were the case, will these parts upset the overall balance of the car? W10 base slapped with W11 add ons.
They slapped a W11 Australia rear wing on it and ran it with good results today so I guess the balance still in the ball park.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

JordanMugen

genarro wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 22:44
RP had to even try to copy the internals because they COPIED MERCEDS CONCEPT (that means that everything has to be like the merc from last year because if it isnt the car wont be worth a bag of nuts)
If Racing Point beat Renault and McLaren in the championship, then Racing Point are the ones who are laughing and Renault and McLaren are the ones who look silly.

Ultimately it's up to the midfield teams to do a better job, and not be defeated by a measly copy of an outdated year old car -- a copy supposedly produced only from photographs! :wink:

genarro wrote:
Haha what a classless bunch of twats
If it's within the rules then it is acceptable, that's how F1 works. :wink:

It's up to Renault and McLaren to show Racing Point that copying is inferior, by beating the Pink Panthers on the race track.

bill shoe

Looks like Perez has a shot at 4th or better without any particular lucky breaks. Lance was very close to Perez in qualy, but don't know if he will keep up in the race. Racing Point wants to start the season with steady big point hauls and crush the rest of the midfield by mid-season. They may just do it.

NAPI10

RP must be disappointed at the end of race. The team which was touted to be third fastest & potential contender for podium finisher just before going to qualifying; End-up 6th & 9th in qualifying and has to satisfy with one driver finishing at 6th position.
On top of that, McLaren finished first race with a --- load of points. Fight for 4th going to be intense & ever difficult due to reduced race calendar.
Now first race of season behind them, along with fear of ‘Merc Copy’ protest; I hope they will extract full performance of the current package using learning from this weekend. Friday runs will be quite interesting coming week.

RS200E

It's no worse than when other teams copied/used a year old car/concept

Sauber with Ferrari
Super Aguri with Honda
STR with RBR
Haas with Ferrari

But you have to be a fool and dull to support and argue for teams that do this. RP are not a supportable team right now. They have lost nearly everything that made them affable throughout all the previous owner history. It may be a smart move, that has yet to be seen, we will see at the end of the season. Not next race or the race after.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

the EDGE

JordanMugen wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 08:30
genarro wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 22:44
RP had to even try to copy the internals because they COPIED MERCEDS CONCEPT (that means that everything has to be like the merc from last year because if it isnt the car wont be worth a bag of nuts)
If Racing Point beat Renault and McLaren in the championship, then Racing Point are the ones who are laughing and Renault and McLaren are the ones who look silly.

Ultimately it's up to the midfield teams to do a better job, and not be defeated by a measly copy of an outdated year old car -- a copy supposedly produced only from photographs! :wink:

genarro wrote:
Haha what a classless bunch of twats
If it's within the rules then it is acceptable, that's how F1 works. :wink:

It's up to Renault and McLaren to show Racing Point that copying is inferior, by beating the Pink Panthers on the race track.
RP are welcome to 4th but they will have a fight on their hands with Ferrari :mrgreen:

Macklaren

If Lawrence Stroll came out and said that this is only a 1-year stop-gap solution until an all-new Aston Martin comes next year, then that could make it somewhat acceptable

SmallSoldier

Macklaren wrote:If Lawrence Stroll came out and said that this is only a 1-year stop-gap solution until an all-new Aston Martin comes next year, then that could make it somewhat acceptable
I believe they have made statements of that nature, but not necessarily in regards to 2021, but 2022 now... This car was designed/agreed before Covid.

Their intention was to build a car that would be quick and capable of fighting in the midfield during what was supposed to be the last season of this regulations, therefore able to focus on designing a car for the new ones... From that stand point, it is a great strategy... The fact that 2021 will keep the same regulations as this year wasn’t expected by anyone and probably will create a bit of a challenge for them, since unless they bring a “W11” copy before the end of the season, they will be stuck with this concept for next year also and with the rest of the grid updating their cars for next season, they could be a bit behind next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NOBS

RS200E wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 18:30
It's no worse than when other teams copied/used a year old car/concept

Sauber with Ferrari
Super Aguri with Honda
STR with RBR
Haas with Ferrari

But you have to be a fool and dull to support and argue for teams that do this. RP are not a supportable team right now. They have lost nearly everything that made them affable throughout all the previous owner history. It may be a smart move, that has yet to be seen, we will see at the end of the season. Not next race or the race after.
No need for personal attack; guy just quoted view on team performance.
If F1 is a place of innovation & Intellect; it's also place of jugaad & survival. They took the opportunity of 'Gap Year' to bridge the gap with top teams with this approach. It’s a two way sword & RP has to live with it.
Now stop moaning & get on with it

bill shoe

The new Racing Point approach of "copy-then-reverse-Engineer" is very different from the traditional approach of "make-my-own-solution plus look at what competitors are doing". Will they lose their ability to perform well in a make-my-own-solution world? The 2022 (previously 2021) rules greatly limit Engineering freedom and so something near spec cars may result. Does RP even need to maintain its ability for a make-my-own-solution world?

Why are Williams thrashing around at the back of the grid with zero points due to a make-my-own-solution approach? I ask this as frustrated Williams fan.

Racer X

NAPI10 wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 23:25
genarro wrote:
Just watching the tech report on f1 official chanell and the analyst said that RP brought a new wing design to Austria. And the wing is a blody copy of Mercs Melbourne spec rear wing.. Haha what a classless bunch of twats
Pink Panthers are breaking heart of lots of 'FanBoys' :D :D :D
So i take it Genarro is here to complaint about Racing Point?

On a technical side *mods* I noticed the wing earlier but i really thought they already had it at Barcelona.
Will they be copying Mercedes as the season progresses? One in all in? Minus well copy everything the Black Merc does?
Last edited by Racer X on 07 Jul 2020, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

sprint car76

Obviously they aren't very smart.