[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gothrek
Gothrek

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

I think you all forget how toxic Alonso can be for a team. Probably at his current age and team he has chosen, he will emulate the comeback of Schumacher.

Macklaren
Macklaren

What's this about ALO tweeting at Seb that they will be together again soon??? No chance OCO gets pushed out right? RIGHT??

Zynerji

Seb/Alo @ Renault 2021/2 might be fun...

Especially if the simplification of the aero rules closes up the field.

diffuser

Gothrek wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 23:23
I think you all forget how toxic Alonso can be for a team. Probably at his current age and team he has chosen, he will emulate the comeback of Schumacher.
I think I remember how fantastic he was for several teams. Toxic happens when you loose, you loose, you loose and people start pointing fingers. At Ferrari, if they would have managed to win just once. It would have changed everything.

If they get him close and he's still as good as when he left....watch out.

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 15:22
Jolle wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 15:04
shotzski wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 14:54

Hopefully he could bring some onboard. But I'm thinking he'll have the same setup as he had with Mclaren, with his Kimoa branding plastered on the car.
I wouldn't be surprised if he comes with some sponsor form the Liberty Global portfolio, like Ziggo, O2 or Virgin.
From all indications, Liberty really wanted him back in F1. So I guess it’s possible.
He has a HUGE following.

djos

Im very curious to see what Fred can do next year - I think if the Renault is decent, seeing him battle Ricciardo, Lando, Charles and Max would be epic!
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

What do you guys think of Ocon so far?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

djos

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 05:20
Underwhelming, but he needs a couple more races for me to form a real opinion.
"In downforce we trust"

Zynerji

djos wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 05:23
PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 05:20
Underwhelming, but he needs a couple more races for me to form a real opinion.
I thought highly of him before. Needs some one on one action to get a better feel. The car seems quick, so shouldn't take long.

alexx_88
alexx_88

Big Tea wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 22:30
Do you think Wolff and Newey would get on with eachother? I don't think I would risk that.
(I do not mean on a personal level of course, just each has 20/20 vision of the path)
I've listened to many interviews with Toto, as well as with the people working in Mercedes. I think he's a natural leader with excellent management skills who doesn't let his ego get in the way of a good decision. Newey would handle the technical aspect alone, as he does with Red Bull now. Their blameless culture that only focusses on self improvement is what got them so far.

Big Tea

alexx_88 wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 08:06
Big Tea wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 22:30
Do you think Wolff and Newey would get on with eachother? I don't think I would risk that.
(I do not mean on a personal level of course, just each has 20/20 vision of the path)
I've listened to many interviews with Toto, as well as with the people working in Mercedes. I think he's a natural leader with excellent management skills who doesn't let his ego get in the way of a good decision. Newey would handle the technical aspect alone, as he does with Red Bull now. Their blameless culture that only focusses on self improvement is what got them so far.
Newey seems to insist on having things his way from what I read, and as you say Toto likes 'collective' decisions, which is what I mean by can not see them getting on well in a team. They seem opposite styles.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Gothrek wrote:
Sorry, but I'm really getting tired of listening to this over and over again. You realize that now he's not the inexperienced youngster you remember and even back then all he wanted was not to be treated unfairly. Anyway, after following him for such long, from his latest interview to Will Buxton, I'm sure that this is a very different, more mature and calm Alonso. I'm sure that he was frustrated before cause he knew his abilities and that he didn't get the chance to translate his skills into success (and on the contrary spent a lot of his time at the back of the grid), but now after being off F1 for a while and succeeding in other categories he feels more fulfilled with himself and that can only make him better since I still believe he got his undisputed skills.

Jolle
Jolle

ALO_Power wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 15:13
Gothrek wrote:
Sorry, but I'm really getting tired of listening to this over and over again. You realize that now he's not the inexperienced youngster you remember and even back then all he wanted was not to be treated unfairly. Anyway, after following him for such long, from his latest interview to Will Buxton, I'm sure that this is a very different, more mature and calm Alonso. I'm sure that he was frustrated before cause he knew his abilities and that he didn't get the chance to translate his skills into success (and on the contrary spent a lot of his time at the back of the grid), but now after being off F1 for a while and succeeding in other categories he feels more fulfilled with himself and that can only make him better since I still believe he got his undisputed skills.
Publicly attacking Honda and pushing McLaren over the edge to go for Renault so he could race for Toyota was indeed the work of an inexperienced youngster in his mid thirties.

Nice to have Alonso back, he's a great driver but I expect more that Renault will leave F1 in 2023 (again) then a boost in performance and a return to the front.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

the EDGE wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 13:08
He’s an amazing talent worth a couple of tenths in any car.
6 tenths according to him😉😉😜😜😜
Last edited by ENGINE TUNER on 09 Jul 2020, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

JRindt

Jolle wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 18:00

Publicly attacking Honda and pushing McLaren over the edge to go for Renault so he could race for Toyota was indeed the work of an inexperienced youngster in his mid thirties.

Nice to have Alonso back, he's a great driver but I expect more that Renault will leave F1 in 2023 (again) then a boost in performance and a return to the front.
Yeah, right. He publicly attacked Honda in 2015 to race for Toyota in WEC in 2018. What do you think he is? Thanos? Even he doesn’t make such long term plans :roll: