The Greatest "Rainmaster"?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

Hopelessly off-topic but I finally foud it on the page MC produced...

http://glibs.ssmmdd.co.uk/glibs/spns.ph ... &list=type

These are a list of F1 sponsors from the construction industry. Look at the first name on the list.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

PlatinumZealot

Re: The Greatest "Rainmaster"?

I am reviving this this for anyone who can do the statistics. No biases just numbers!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jolle

PlatinumZealot wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 23:25
I am reviving this this for anyone who can do the statistics. No biases just numbers!
1.2s

PlatinumZealot

It is undeniable that he must be considered in the conversation now after performance like today.

The fair way to do this sort of comparison is through statistics and visual accounts. No bias. Just facts.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

bauc

Hamilton is in the mix for the title Rainmaster, but I would still give slight advantage to Schumi and Senna
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

hollus

Some cleanup was needed. Take your personal fights elsewhere, thanks.
Rivals, not enemies.

Pyrone89

PlatinumZealot wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 23:48
It is undeniable that he must be considered in the conversation now after performance like today.

The fair way to do this sort of comparison is through statistics and visual accounts. No bias. Just facts.
Not until he shows what Senna and Schumacher did: rain master performances in not a top car. Every wet race win he has had a top car or even dominant car. Something you cannot say of Schumacher (1996) or Senna (1984). Add in the times he was beaten by Button (in the same car) particularly wet races and I fail to see how he can even be considered in the same breath as those 2.
Last edited by Pyrone89 on 12 Jul 2020, 00:11, edited 2 times in total.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

TAG

Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 00:04
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Not until he shows what Senna and Schumacher did: rain master performances in not a top car. Every wet race win he has had a top car or even dominant car. Something you cannot say of Schumacher (1996) or Senna (1984)
I hope it rains tomorrow. :)
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Pyrone89

TAG wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 00:05
Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 00:04
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Not until he shows what Senna and Schumacher did: rain master performances in not a top car. Every wet race win he has had a top car or even dominant car. Something you cannot say of Schumacher (1996) or Senna (1984)
I hope it rains tomorrow. :)
So I take it Hamilton will switch to the Renault over night? Because else you totally missed my point.
So far we know that Hamilton is very good in the wet and better than people who have the same dominant machine (Rosberg, Bottas). On the other hand he had a hard time with Button, a 1x WDC, in the same car, both in the dry but especially the wet. So if we are adding names to the list Button is higher up the list IMO due to this.
As the mod said by the way: we should leave it at this.

Phil

Doesnt Hamilton hold the only statistic that really counts, that being most won races and poles in wet races among any driver? Didnt he pretty much win all the wet races up until Hockenheim 2019 since 2012 or something?

Assuming rain is “the great” equalizer, that is an ominous statistic to have to ones name, dominant car or not.

Even so, i think Hamilton is easily one of the very best drivers the sport has seen and has little to prove at this point. In my very humble opinion, i think he may be better than the “big greats” of the past, simply because F1 has become more competitive. We’ll never know.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

SiLo

Phil wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 01:44
Doesnt Hamilton hold the only statistic that really counts, that being most won races and poles in wet races among any driver? Didnt he pretty much win all the wet races up until Hockenheim 2019 since 2012 or something?

Assuming rain is “the great” equalizer, that is an ominous statistic to have to ones name, dominant car or not.

Even so, i think Hamilton is easily one of the very best drivers the sport has seen and has little to prove at this point. In my very humble opinion, i think he may be better than the “big greats” of the past, simply because F1 has become more competitive. We’ll never know.
I completely agree with this. It's not Hamilton's fault he's pretty much always been in a good car. But it is most definitely because of him that he has won more wet races than any other driver. More wet poles too?
Felipe Baby!

ENGINE TUNER

SiLo wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 02:42
Phil wrote:

I completely agree with this. It's not Hamilton's fault he's pretty much always been in a good car. But it is most definitely because of him that he has won more wet races than any other driver. More wet poles too?
There was like a 5 year period where Senna dominanted every wet race until his engine let go while leading by far in Canada, then he went on winning the wet races again for another couple years.

Senna and Hamilton, best I've ever seen do it in the rain.

Pyrone89

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 03:44
SiLo wrote:
Phil wrote:

There was like a 5 year period where Senna dominanted every wet race until his engine let go while leading by far in Canada, then he went on winning the wet races again for another couple years.

Apparently you missed a certain M. Schumacher period. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... schumacher I recommend Spain 1996 in the dog Ferrari of that year.

ENGINE TUNER

Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 03:53
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 03:44
SiLo wrote:

Apparently you missed a certain M. Schumacher period. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... schumacher Enjoy
Where was all that speed when Senna was dominating him in the wet like back in 93?

dans79

The words of F1 as can bee seen in the description of the video.
Lewis Hamilton dominates a dramatic, rain-soaked race to win at home for the first time...

I'd add that this was also in the second fastest car on the grid.
  • Massa has 6 wins to Lewis's 5
  • Ferrari had 8 wins to McLaren's 6
197 104 103 7