High Performance Road Cars VS Bikes.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Just_a_fan

Re: High Performance Road Cars VS Bikes.

Big Tea wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 14:37
Mudflap wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 14:33
My M2 can blow any pocketbike out of the water
I can beat it on a 50cc as long as I chose the course :twisted:
I can beat both on foot if I get to choose the course... :lol: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NoDivergence

A 720S with a tune will run a 8 second quarter mile. Meanwhile, it will thrash a superbike in the corners. 765LT is about to open a can of whoopa$$ on bikers. Not to mention the Valkyrie or AMG One

J.A.W.

NoDivergence wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 17:48
A 720S with a tune will run a 8 second quarter mile. Meanwhile, it will thrash a superbike in the corners. 765LT is about to open a can of whoopa$$ on bikers. Not to mention the Valkyrie or AMG One
Care to post a vid showing that 8 sec 1/4 mile performance from a 720$$?

A few pages back, I posted this vid of a Honda roadbike zapping an 8 sec 1/4 Nissan,
did you perhaps miss it?

& of course, unlike the McLaren, the Honda is N/aspirated, see below for a turbo roadbike:

"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Andres125sx

So you guys didn´t get it yet?

For the comparison to be fair, bikes must provide a at least double power/weight ratio so JAW can show the world bikes are faster... at least in this useless 1/4 mile acceleration races as there´s no other scenario where a bike will beat a car. We all know once they go to a proper track with corners and brakings bikes will be anihilated

Sorry JAW but you´re so tiring.... you´ve even achived a biker like myself defend cars against your obvious bias. Bikes are my passion since I was a child, but as a technician I can´t cope with your biased and slanted comparisons #-o

J.A.W.

Andres125sx wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 13:06
So you guys didn´t get it yet?

For the comparison to be fair, bikes must provide a at least double power/weight ratio so JAW can show the world bikes are faster... at least in this useless 1/4 mile acceleration races as there´s no other scenario where a bike will beat a car. We all know once they go to a proper track with corners and brakings bikes will be anihilated

Sorry JAW but you´re so tiring.... you´ve even achived a biker like myself defend cars against your obvious bias. Bikes are my passion since I was a child, but as a technician I can´t cope with your biased and slanted comparisons #-o
Andres, notwithstanding your perceived notions of "obvious bias" & "slanted comparisons", note
the O.P. was regarding roadgoing, rather than Formula racing. Quite manifestly, sans downforce,
both types of road-going sports machines under consideration can corner at ~1G, to 1.2 G, with
rider skill & confidence/daring & mindfulness being/giving the crucial edge.

Actually it seems you could usefully extend past a "technicians" limitation on understanding the
dynamics here, (& indulge your long-time "passion") by going for a ride on a proper superbike,
(& just as F1 Champion Lewis Hamilton found when riding Valentino Rossi's Moto GP bike), likely
you'll find yourself recalibrating your mindset on an empirical-experiential basis, accordingly...

"We all know" that this M3 driver is risking having his 'idiot lights' 2nd-guess him, too..

J.A.W.

Here below is a classic Motor Trend 'car vs bike' test from a decade back, which includes topic relevant
comparisons (& by some of which the car guys are openly hoping will result in a car victory), but sadly
for them, the bike defeated the car for speed/time around a track with tight corners,
(& indeed - in the print copy of the mag - even around a 360`skidpan test, yes pulling higher G).

So enjoy:

NathanOlder

Well said mate. Thread closed time ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC