2020 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, 3-5 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2020 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, 3-5 July

Ringleheim wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 19:39
I thought it was interesting that Ferrari didn't even bother putting a new rear wing on Vettel's car. I know, it takes a long time and he would have gone 5 or 6 laps down or more, but he had the entire race ahead of him! That's a lot of track testing time and they were in a golden opportunity to compare the same car on the same track with and without all the new upgrades.

Instead, they just parked it! LOL. Shows you how much they value this season. That is to say, they don't.
Yes. It was because the DRS hydraulics why they didn't bother. The last rear wing replacement I saw was by MacLaren... Monaco 2009? They had the time to do it under red flags of course. Perhaps Ferrari could have gotten good data even wihout DRS..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

nacho

Could be many reasons: perhaps there was something else broken, maybe they didn't have the same spec wings. Rear wing structure is not a rush job, failure on track is usually a dangerous situation.

ENGINE TUNER

Ringleheim wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 19:39
I thought it was interesting that Ferrari didn't even bother putting a new rear wing on Vettel's car. I know, it takes a long time and he would have gone 5 or 6 laps down or more, but he had the entire race ahead of him! That's a lot of track testing time and they were in a golden opportunity to compare the same car on the same track with and without all the new upgrades.

Instead, they just parked it! LOL. Shows you how much they value this season. That is to say, they don't.
If the floor was in any way damaged it would be a futile attempt and possibly a waste of engine mileage

hollus

Are you guys in the correct race weekend? (I get confused too!)
Rivals, not enemies.

Jolle

hollus wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 22:08
Are you guys in the correct race weekend?
first can't clear Q2, now a week behind on the interwebs... Even the Ferrari fan's can't keep up... :D