2020 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 17-19

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
basti313

Re: 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 17-19

Pyrone89 wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 15:07
Whoever says that RB will have less issues with aero stalling like in Austria because of ‘slower corners’ might wanna check an onboard lap of Hungary. ...
But Toto says Redbull will be strong. I totally believe him.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Pyrone89

basti313 wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 16:39
Pyrone89 wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 15:07
Whoever says that RB will have less issues with aero stalling like in Austria because of ‘slower corners’ might wanna check an onboard lap of Hungary. ...
But Toto says Redbull will be strong. I totally believe him.
Good one :mrgreen: =D> .

I sm basically waiting for the day that Toto is NOT saying others are strong. Then either Toto has been replaced by an alien or he has finally gotten that Oscar and can drop the act.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

PlatinumZealot

I need Toto to comment on the stock market.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Pyrone89

PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 16:46
I need Toto to comment on the stock market.
Irony being that Toto gathered his wealth as a..... stock man.

Had he done the same in his previous profession the SEC would have had his balls.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

ironrose

19 posts.. not a single one mentioned Ferrari... :D :D :D .. 2020 is really a strange time...... hope they can crawl back up the order..

etusch

ironrose wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 18:15
19 posts.. not a single one mentioned Ferrari... :D :D :D .. 2020 is really a strange time...... hope they can crawl back up the order..
“Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines.” (by Enzo Ferrari)

Sieper

Actually, this was thé race last year that triggered Ferrari to throw all caution into the wind. They were both off the pace by over a minute. Then we went into the summer stop. Spa came. I was all excited for a RBR Mercedes fight and booom, there was Ferrari. If they had eased into it more we might still have them racing the way they were. I think Ferrari improved their Own way of working for quite some time already. But it was from Hungary to Spa last year that we saw the enormous step. Too big.

siskue2005

Sieper wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 21:00
Actually, this was thé race last year that triggered Ferrari to throw all caution into the wind. They were both off the pace by over a minute. Then we went into the summer stop. Spa came. I was all excited for a RBR Mercedes fight and booom, there was Ferrari. If they had eased into it more we might still have them racing the way they were. I think Ferrari improved their Own way of working for quite some time already. But it was from Hungary to Spa last year that we saw the enormous step. Too big.
Moreover, the most suspicious thing was not them being fast in Spa and Monza (coz with their low drag it was expected from them to be fast there), it was Singapore when everyone had their heads turned and everyone started to seriously checking their GPS trace and everything.

I agree they should have just stopped it after Monza and Spa and waited till 2020 to unleash whatever they are doing and win the championship this year

Sieper

Indeed, my brows were up at my hairline After Spa qualy but you are right that Singapore sealed the deal. I was so bugged by Ferrari pulling this stunt. But now we might miss them for 2 years. This whole Corona engine freeze now hits them double as hard. But OK, the might claw back sooner, let’s see,

Mansell89

Remember when Alonso nearly won at Hungary in the underpowered 2014 Ferrari. Man what a drive that was.

Merc grip should leave them comfortably on pole here unless Red Bull have some performance we haven’t yet seen.

Very different track this week so a good learning curve for us in analysing the relative teams and their performances.

Jolle

Mansell89 wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 23:19
Remember when Alonso nearly won at Hungary in the underpowered 2014 Ferrari. Man what a drive that was.

Merc grip should leave them comfortably on pole here unless Red Bull have some performance we haven’t yet seen.

Very different track this week so a good learning curve for us in analysing the relative teams and their performances.
yeah... well.... he came in second, less then a second in front of Hamilton who started from the pitlane and chipped of part of his wing in T1. The underpowered Renault of Ricciardo won.

mkay

Jolle wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 23:27
Mansell89 wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 23:19

yeah... well.... he came in second, less then a second in front of Hamilton who started from the pitlane and chipped of part of his wing in T1. The underpowered Renault of Ricciardo won.
HAM was on 5 cylinders at the end otherwise he would have likely won the race.

godlameroso

Ham 14.3 pole, Verstappen slightly slower than last year.

Two stopper the fastest strategy despite Pirelli infographic saying 1 stopper is the fastest? The two stopper was the faster strategy last year.

Preserving the rear tires in the heat is key, it's very easy to overheat the rears. They'll be straddling the line between overheating and wearing, and just in the window come Sunday.

The corners in Hungary are not really high speed, there are short corners and long corners. Last year the RB was really good in sector 3, behind in sector 1 and was even in sector 2. The problem was the tires didn't last as long, RB couldn't make the tires last as long as Mercedes. Hopefully the last race reminds everyone of how long the tires last, and they can adjust their use accordingly.
Saishū kōnā

zibby43

Weather forecast for the circuit shows a slight chance of rain for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, although mainly during the afternoon or night.

Maximum high temperatures of 22-24 C (about 75 degrees F). Could be some gusty wind on Friday (wind is always a factor in Hungary).

In sum, mild temperatures with chances for rain each day.

godlameroso

It's going to get progressively warmer, don't trust the weather forecast, temperatures will be in the low 30's track temperature in the mid 50's come race day. The new asphalt and the track is quite green, and will ramp up quickly as the weekend progresses. It may spit a bit on Friday, but I doubt it, the cloud cover and windy conditions will gradually give way to heat and clear skies.

It's going to be a tire management race unless you're feeling dicey and want to 2 stop.

Use up the softs to gain track position at the start, pit on lap 12 then again on lap 38-42, then go to the end. The one stoppers will be struggling at the end, and if there's a safety car all of that goes out the window, and timing the stop around it will be critical. But you can't expect one to come, like Bruce Lee said "biting is effective in close quarters combat, but, don't make a plan of biting...that is a very good way to lose your teeth".
Saishū kōnā