Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Alonso Fan

Re: Racing games

mertol wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 15:50
There is a 3 month "demo" for ~ $5. Use promo code PR-HOTLAPS

I have many other racing titles too but I don't touch them because iracing is so much better. So in that sense I get a lot more action per dollar than these other titles and is way more "worth it".
It may be better for online racing and ranking, and the realism of practicing hours and hours for an event, but it is extremely dear to own and use, not mentioning the inaccuracies of the tyre model. You get way more action per dollar if you league race in AC or ACC. Or even SRS gives you great multiplayer action

Just my opinion
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

NathanOlder

Just gave F1 2020 a try, and I was actually pleasantly surprised. It seems a lot better than the previous one. Anyone else tried it ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

neilalexander

NathanOlder wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 23:00
maybe we could get an F1 Technical session on iRacing sometime if we have enough interested ? 6+ maybe ?
I'm up for an F1 session on Iracing!

neilalexander

I just set up a discord server to help coordinate putting together some online racing. you guys can join using this link: https://discord.gg/BajNjU

I have 4-6 people ready to go. we just need a few more and could make a league race out of an official lobby!

koenigzig

Hey guys. I help run an F1 2020 and Assetta Corsa Competizione league on xbox. Currently we have 2 seats open in F1 and 3 in Assetta Corsa Competizione. My xbox GT is same as my username here. Feel free to pm me if you're interested in joining.

Instagram link below

Ace Racing League : https://instagram.com/ace_racing_league ... ep3a0ci2us
PM me if you're interested in joining an F1 2021 or Assetta Corsa Competizione league on Xbox

koenigzig

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 16:03
Just gave F1 2020 a try, and I was actually pleasantly surprised. It seems a lot better than the previous one. Anyone else tried it ?
I know this is a late response but I am relatively new here, so apologies for bumping an old post.

Big fan of the game, and run a league as well. F1 2020 has a lot of glitches compared to 2019, but its still fun. Do you play on PC/Xbox/Playstation?
PM me if you're interested in joining an F1 2021 or Assetta Corsa Competizione league on Xbox

NathanOlder

PS4, but currently I'm on Assetto Corsa Competizione as the F1 game has far too many issues :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SiLo

I just got F1 2020 and rFactor 2 along with a G923 setup. I'm happy to join people for races if they want although I'm not very good!

Slowly need to take off assists in F1 2020 so I can get better.
Felipe Baby!

Wass85

Can't wait for the new consoles to come out, I doubt I'll ever get my wish for a proper racing rig though. 😭

NathanOlder

SiLo wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 13:22
I just got F1 2020 and rFactor 2 along with a G923 setup. I'm happy to join people for races if they want although I'm not very good!

Unfortunately I only have F1 on the PS4, I'm guessing your on PC. I haven't played it too much but have a decent pace. I started with no assists, so have never had to get used to turning them off (if that makes sense)
Now I am spending my free time on Assetto Corsa Competizione though.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SiLo

NathanOlder wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 14:23
SiLo wrote:

Unfortunately I only have F1 on the PS4, I'm guessing your on PC. I haven't played it too much but have a decent pace. I started with no assists, so have never had to get used to turning them off (if that makes sense)
Really struggling with no assists on F1. I've gotten too used to having them on sadly. I can't stop locking brakes at the moment. Traction control with my right foot is getting better though.
Felipe Baby!

NathanOlder

SiLo wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 12:22
NathanOlder wrote:
SiLo wrote:

Really struggling with no assists on F1. I've gotten too used to having them on sadly. I can't stop locking brakes at the moment. Traction control with my right foot is getting better though.
Yeah, we had quite a few people joining our league that came from assist leagues, they take a few weeks to get on top of it, but they do sooner rather than later. What sort of pace you running at say, Melbourne in time trial ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SiLo

NathanOlder wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 13:17
SiLo wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Yeah, we had quite a few people joining our league that came from assist leagues, they take a few weeks to get on top of it, but they do sooner rather than later. What sort of pace you running at say, Melbourne in time trial ?
No idea, I'll see if I can have a look later! With no assists it would be very slow. I think I might drop the brake pressure from 100% to 90% and see how I get on for locking up the brakes.
Felipe Baby!

NathanOlder

SiLo wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 13:30
NathanOlder wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 13:17
SiLo wrote:

No idea, I'll see if I can have a look later! With no assists it would be very slow. I think I might drop the brake pressure from 100% to 90% and see how I get on for locking up the brakes.
I think for performance, 100% is certainly the way to go, but as braking is all about the feel, I guess dropping it a little until you are comfortable with it makes sense. Its probably more to do with the equipment you use to give you the best feel. I spent a load of money to get the best feel I could in the brake pedal.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

Been playing Assetto Corsa Competizione a fair bit now and last night in a Porsche Cup at SOP Motorsport, finsihed 2nd in the Grand Final to win an amazing...... $30! :lol: Still, its real money for Sim Racing so I'm more than happy 8)

Definitely recommend Assetto Corsa Competizione, definietly the best Sim on consoles at the moment.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.