[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

"Since last year a lot of TDs [FIA technical directives] have been released, eventually clarifying some of the areas of the regulations. I think that through those TDs we had to adapt ourselves.

"I don't think it was only the case of Ferrari, I think looking at the power output of this season I think most of the other manufacturers had to adapt themselves. Certainly as Ferrari we had to adapt, and as a simple output of that we lost some of the performance we had.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... 0/4838165/

Juzh

Vettel's FP1 lap 1.17.238. Car balance seemed quite ok yesterday on mediums.
https://streamable.com/6eqf2n

fritticaldi

Leclerc complained about balance and doesnt understand why the car behaved so terribly. Are the Ferrari technicians & mechanics sleeping? The Scuderia had Friday to set up the car and should have known by Sunday after 3 full free practices what the adjustments were. The team is completely disorganized.

Scorpaguy

Hmmm...data shows reds to be good for about 3 laps. Bino pits Lec for reds early in the race. Seems a strategy move out of either ignorance or desperation. Yes, the track conditions were dynamic, but no one else seemed to make such a mistake. As a Big Red fan, I can either revel in great performance or tragic comedy. Today/this year, I have not been left wanting.

Gothrek
Gothrek

After the last 2 races, Ferrari probably are probably scratching their head about their lead driver.

Scorpaguy

Things Ferrari are "scratching their head" about:

-#1 driver
-#2 driver
-Chassis
-engine
-aero
-race strategy
-team budget vs. team results
-why did we fire Arri
-why are our cars red
-etc.

Big Tea

Scorpaguy wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 23:26
Things Ferrari are "scratching their head" about:

-#1 driver
-#2 driver
-Chassis
-engine
-aero
-race strategy
-team budget vs. team results
-why did we fire Arri
-why are our cars red
-etc.
Maybe they should scratch "the other end" :mrgreen: I find it helps with thinking
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Harvester
Harvester

Scorpaguy wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 19:22
Hmmm...data shows reds to be good for about 3 laps. Bino pits Lec for reds early in the race. Seems a strategy move out of either ignorance or desperation. Yes, the track conditions were dynamic, but no one else seemed to make such a mistake. As a Big Red fan, I can either revel in great performance or tragic comedy. Today/this year, I have not been left wanting.
Leclerc was first to pit so they maybe thought the red tire would be best as the track wasn't completely dry yet. Also they gambled as they expected rain in probably ten laps. So they hoped he can make some overtakes on red tires before rain starts.

Scorpaguy

Harvester wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 23:48
Scorpaguy wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 19:22
Leclerc was first to pit so they maybe thought the red tire would be best as the track wasn't completely dry yet. Also they gambled as they expected rain in probably ten laps. So they hoped he can make some overtakes on red tires before rain starts.
"...so maybe they thought..."

My fears exactly, Ferrari seem to be "thinking" while other teams are engineering #-o

Oh well, tragic comedies are quite entertaining.

ME4ME

Originally posted by jumpingfish in the Hungarian GP thread but relevant here as well:

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

ME4ME wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 00:14
Originally posted by jumpingfish in the Hungarian GP thread but relevant here as well:

https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/status ... 9585297409
Seeing that Vettel is his own race strategist, it almost makes sense why he is so mistake-prone. Nobody can be 100% focused on racing when they're simultaneously questioning the strategy provided by the team.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Jolle
Jolle

Nathanael F1 wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 03:32
ME4ME wrote:

Seeing that Vettel is his own race strategist, it almost makes sense why he is so mistake-prone. Nobody can be 100% focused on racing when they're simultaneously questioning the strategy provided by the team.
There is probably a case of mistrust there somewhere... and well, he is proven correctly in his feelings.
Although a drying track is one of the few things you can determine from the car best, I find it odd that they didn't prepare is more in detail before the race. They knew it would dry up and there are many people calculating every possibility... a simple call to go to soft, medium or hard should be know and prepared.

first failure is that they didn't discuss this before the race
second failure is that the driver is making the call instead of those 30 people working on data
third failure is that the driver was right.

ME4ME

Mattia Binotto Team Principal

"An extremely disappointing Sunday and the result is very hard to swallow. In qualifying, we had got the most out of the car as it is at the moment, but in the race that was not the case. To be lapped is very painful for us and our fans.

Now we return home after this very long trip and we have to try everything we can to improve as much as possible in every area. Everyone will have to analyse their work and have the courage to change course if necessary, because the current dynamic is unacceptable. There is no other solution to fix this situation."
https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/formula1/ ... ace-report

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

ME4ME wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 10:01
Mattia Binotto Team Principal

"An extremely disappointing Sunday and the result is very hard to swallow. In qualifying, we had got the most out of the car as it is at the moment, but in the race that was not the case. To be lapped is very painful for us and our fans.

Now we return home after this very long trip and we have to try everything we can to improve as much as possible in every area. Everyone will have to analyse their work and have the courage to change course if necessary, because the current dynamic is unacceptable. There is no other solution to fix this situation."
https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/formula1/ ... ace-report
It is sad to in what shape Ferrari are in. The biggiest problem for them is FIA clamp down on PU last year. How in the world can they recover that much defficit in PU? With engine freez regulation on top of that?

MtthsMlw

ME4ME wrote:

Any idea who will replace Vettel as lead strategist?