Seidl's idea: "An FIA man in every factory"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Seidl's idea: "An FIA man in every factory"

I would just pay off the FIA guy and be done with it. He's in my pocket for life.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
23 Jul 2020, 15:00
I would just pay off the FIA guy and be done with it. He's in my pocket for life.
Better you pay him off than a competitor does it :twisted:

Seriously, I don't think most would do it even if they thought they could get away with it, and if they did imagine the outcome? Professionals do have pride
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Fulcrum

I'd actually prefer some form of blockchain auditing, where all production/computation by a team is logged, hashed if need be, to a shared structure that all teams and the FIA have oversight of. In this way the teams themselves would become partly invested in policing each other, in addition to the regulatory mandate of the FIA.

ncx
ncx

nzjrs wrote: ↑
23 Jul 2020, 14:14

[...]
I believe there are forensic accountants that are as good when compared to regular accountants as F1 drivers are compared to normal drivers.
[...]
And, like for drivers, the top F1 teams can afford the very best of them :lol:

(Just kidding, nzjrs)

Xwang

nzjrs wrote: ↑
23 Jul 2020, 13:26
SiLo wrote: ↑
23 Jul 2020, 13:00
Why would an embedded FIA person be a whistleblower? They would literally be reporting back to the FIA but be boots on the ground to keep the teams in check. Yes they won't catch everything, but being there in the factory makes it a lot harder for the teams to cheat.
I agree. I was at least referring to Xwang's #2 which was his alternative to Seidls embedded FIA person - unless I misunderstand Xwang suggestion.
You have understood correctly.
My two points are alternatives to Seidl's one which I have already said is not going to work IMHO.

Andres125sx

I can see all sort of tricks to avoid it, from paying the FIA man, to fake factories while the real work is done at some other place :twisted:

But I agree some more control over the teams is needed

Big Tea

Andres125sx wrote: ↑
23 Jul 2020, 18:30
I can see all sort of tricks to avoid it, from paying the FIA man, to fake factories while the real work is done at some other place :twisted:

But I agree some more control over the teams is needed
But as I said, if you know who you have to hide things from it is much easier. One person, or even one small team would be easy to redirect at crucial times if the so wished.

And forget buying the guy (or girl) off, not only are the professionals in this position discrete, of high integrity, and audited regularly. They would be found out. Maybe not straight away, but when they were the team would not toch the ground before the courthouse.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.