Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Just_a_fan

Re: Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

Friction in the rollers, friction in the belt (bending and straightening around the rollers), radiative heat loss from the warm buckets, convective losses from the warm buckets, conductive and radiative heating of the cold buckets, conductive and radiative heating of the "cold air", convective currents in the surrounding air (caused by the movement of
the system through the air). There are so many losses in the machine that it's obvious that it can't work as advertised
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

gruntguru

Feliks wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 23:20
Now imagine that you have a long pipe, but closed at its ends tight and well insulated ...and now turn it upside down .. Will the air in the pipe move? Well, certainly not, and why Well, because there is not ... cold air, and it is only hot ... and now if we install a fan at the bottom, which will give us a small vacuum, pumping this container into the air, then the warm air in the pipe will follow where there is pressure, even small ...
Andrew :D
The pipe in your drawing contains hot air which is lighter than the atmosphere. Normal atmospheric pressure at a height of 500m is (rho x G x h) ie 1.2 x 9.8 x 500 = 5,880 Pa less than the pressure at the bottom. Inside the pipe, the air is lighter and the difference in pressure (top to bottom) is 1.0 x 9.8 x 500 = 4,800 Pa. The difference is 1,080 Pa so the hot air is trying to rise with a driving pressure of 1080 Pa.

The fan needs to overcome this much pressure to move the hot column of air down and the power of the fan is flow rate x pressure = (2,800 x 12/100)m^3/s x 1080 Pa = 362,880 W = 363 kW = 483 hp - the same as the power generated by the rising buckets. (Your original calculation was pessimistic)
je suis charlie

Feliks

Just_a_fan wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 02:06
Friction in the rollers, friction in the belt (bending and straightening around the rollers), radiative heat loss from the warm buckets, convective losses from the warm buckets, conductive and radiative heating of the cold buckets, conductive and radiative heating of the "cold air", convective currents in the surrounding air (caused by the movement of
the system through the air). There are so many losses in the machine that it's obvious that it can't work as advertised
:lol: :lol:
Did you calculate ?
After all, this is not a perpetual motion device, so some losses must be ...

A hot air balloon will also fall down on its own, if we don't heat it up a bit ...
But generally you like my engine? =D>

PlatinumZealot

Feliks wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 23:20
Well, I see that I need to do the mathematical calculations step by step ...
so we have a 14m x 20m x 10m = 2800m ^ 3 bucklet ... he gives STRING at these 80 degrees Celsius those 500 KG of strength ... in a line, ALL bucklets give a total thrust of 12 x 500 KG = 6000 KG .
Now the pulling wheels have a diameter of 20 meters, i.e. a radius of 10 meters .. So we get a torque of 6000 x 10 m = 60,000 Kgm.
The circulation time of 1 bouquet is 100 seconds on this road 500 meters. or 500 meters divided by the circumference of the wheel, i.e. PI x D, 3, 14 x 20 m = 62 m, i.e. 500m / 62m = 8 turns, to overcome this path ... So one turn, that is 100 seconds / 8 = 12, 4 seconds lasts, i.e. 60 / 12.4 = 4.83 RPM per minute, on the wheel shaft,
The power we get with such parameters is 4, 63 rev / min x 60,000 kgm = 335 HP.

But now we can build it in a shaft dug in the ground, every 1000 meters deep, which is not a problem, and still part above the ground ..
And of course further permutations ..

https://www.new4stroke.com/hot%20air7.jpg

Well, the usual waste would be the release of hot air into the atmosphere ...

Now imagine that you have a long pipe, but closed at its ends tight and well insulated ...
and now turn it upside down .. Will the air in the pipe move? Well, certainly not, and why Well, because there is not ... cold air, and it is only hot ... and now if we install a fan at the bottom, which will give us a small vacuum, pumping this container into the air, then the warm air in the pipe will follow where there is pressure, even small ...

Let the warm air go. Just let it go.
It wants to go up. Let it go up. You will spend more energy bringing it back to earth. In fact this air will be colder than the ground air. Making brining it back even more a waste.

Ok. The weight of chains/belt... will cause a large amount of friction on the pully at the top.
Call it "drive train" losses. I suggest a simpler device with less points of friction.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PhillipM

Like a fan, for example.
Then, turn the fan sideways, and put it in the wind, now you don't need the heat source, magic!

J.A.W.

& what of rigging up an equivalent sea-based system, with a bucket/balloon tower
seated adjacent to a volcanic 'hot smoker' column, with hydrodynamic effects?
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Big Tea

J.A.W. wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 11:53
& what of rigging up an equivalent sea-based system, with a bucket/balloon tower
seated adjacent to a volcanic 'hot smoker' column, with hydrodynamic effects?
The 'smokers' are easily hot enough to drive generators with steam as they are at high pressure ( if piped to the surface or automated on seafloor).
There has been talk of setting up factory units around them in future as the 'smoke' is rich in all sorts of minerals that would filter or condense out and could be a supply of pure water.

This is a long way of yet though
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Feliks

Re: Intake Valve

Feliks wrote:
16 Feb 2009, 19:28
In my latest solving the oscillatory dynamo, a diode who exchanged the changeable oscillatory electricity for the electricity about the permanent polarity was crucial element
Such an element fulfilling identical functions as the diode exists in the hydraulics of theses. There is a valve one-sidedly letting it in to water. it is opening for example only then when the pressure from the feeding side exceeds certain described by the threshold e.g. 10 bars. When the pressure is on the feeding side it is smaller, the valve is closing it oneself. and doesn't allow for moving back waters.

The principles of operation are the same like at pumping the bicycle wheel up with pump, but will refer to water. In this way we can hold. in the pipeline pressure e.g. 10 bars, and from leaking out of the pipeline who will be above the pump e.g. 100 meters will be sailing out water.
The one straight line I decided to use the principle for the production of the electric current with the help of sea waves. Although he is supposed to produce the electricity, it is being imported these are for inflating the problem waters sea into the container with water sea e.g. to height 100 of meters, or similar (e.g. on high cliff seashore). The rest is known and professionally made as the normal power station aqueous, but in this case she will be to sea brine. isn't buying it special one should actually solve the difference, only a matter of the precipitated corrosion .

Particularly that such a very similar solution was already on an island applied Okinawa, in the version of the power station pumped storage (but pumping into the container with the help of the electric energy- classic pumped storage).

Into my to pump the version this brine there will be sea waves driving water pumps with valves with diodes into the container Leaking in water only in direction of the container. pipes from pumps into the container will also have middle diameter, in order to in the time of whom from valves, not to waste the energy from different good pumps. Unfortunately the number can reach such pipes even 1000, at the productivity every e.g. 1 m^ 3 / sec.
But by it we can get the power of such a power station 1000 of the MW .

Costs of making such a power station will also be smaller, since for her devices won't have to pump water into the container how it is in classical power stations of this type. Machines will be so like by a normal hydroelectric power plant straight lines and no high cost.

http://www.new4stroke.com/salt%20water% ... torage.pdf

http://www.new4stroke.com/Okinawa.jpg

Also shortened descriptions Polish pumped - storage to slight differences of the water levels (100 m) is describing http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 7463&i=260 or
http://www.new4stroke.com/plants.pdf

Gross from many centuries of coasts England and Ireland they were attacked by marine waves .
People built obstacle for these waves sometimes, that they did not prevent from life on islands.
I think that would end this immemorial war goods , and invite this ocean on coast, but that it is high, it belongs it help. It belongs to take advantage it waves, in order to they pumped on its high coast of water.
I think, so around England , Ireland , North America ,shall made this power plant.
More belongs to place in ocean for water pomp e.g.

Pistons type , or my idea half rotate, which will drive usual floats clinched for they behind assistance of rope. Ordinary belongs to place behind each pump bolts, which will be opened e.g. at 10 kG/cm2 (Acting similar for diode I my oscillating dynamo) and which for collect tubes for reservoir on high coast miss water drive it.
Collecting tube should for example for flow 1 m3/sec 0,6 m have diameter.

http://www.new4stroke.com/aaa4t.gif

http://www.new4stroke.com/pompa11.gif
http://www.new4stroke.com/storage.JPG

For achievement in such this collecting tube of flow 1 m3/sec and 10 bar , requirement 12 pump wanted for transport water on according to following specification 100 m height too reservoir.

Pump reconciles, for simplification about normal piston, should have 0,6 m diameter, and 3 m of height. During average jump of rippling 2 m, it will give during one cycle for composite tube 0,5 m3 water pushed (S= 28 dcm2 H= 20 dcm (2 meter) = 560 dcm3 (liter). For set up flow 1 m3, TWO such pumps should pump for collecting tube.
For proper fabrication of pressure on exit of pump ( set up 10 bar ), wanted proper swimmer is.
There is simple account surface of piston of pump will together page (S) x 100 surface of swimmer.
In my example, surface of piston of pump it 28 dcm2, it signifies that swimmer)should have 2800 dcm2. In order to swimmer had such surfaces, it must have 20 m diameter, and definitely 1 m of height. It needs one kit about 12 pumps 12 swimmers 20 m each diameter, or about dimension one swimmer 12 x28 m2= 336 m2.

For behavior some reasonable spans, it is possible to accept, that for such array for production capacity 1 m3/sec 10 bar, wanted near 700 m2 place rippling sea .

Need for continuous supplying tank for power station theoretically 700 m3/s (716 MW , 100 m height ) requirement 700 x 700m2 = 490000 m2 rippling sea . It is theoretically only 700 m x 700 m !, when 2 m average heights of waves.

Here, mathematical enumeration same only:

To 1m3/ sec
1 m^3/sec 10 bar(H=100m ), 600 mm diameter pipe and piston pump, S= 28 dcm2 Hwave= 20 dcm (2 meter) = 560 dcm3 (litre) for 1 m3 need 2 piece . but period are 6 sec , sum 6x 2 = 12 piece pump .

S pump= 28 dcm2 , 10 bar, F =28 T, Hfloat >1m, S float ~~=2800 dcm2 (28 m2) , D float =~~20m
12 piece x28m2 =336 m2 ~~ =100m x 7m using area =700 m2

700 MW (700 m3/sec), H=100m
700 m2 x 700 = 350000 m2 . ~~700m x 700m area of wave

As elements are presented from marine waves over system production current professional , they are built in the world already and test, additional requirement of experience for their building not.
Another, very important information in relation to the system. System the one should be only as storage, rather than storage-pumped what significantly the height of investments will lower in comparing to current answers. Costs will only be so like for an ordinary hydroelectric power plant
Only water pumps with valves (diode) can so that touch up still and selected materials. but in general, it is piston pump known for the antiquity. Summing up, mechanical problems are solved, and with the appropriate swing one should only build such a power station.
The degree of the safety of such containers will also be very high, since put very close the sea, in case of the breakdown of unsealing, they won't cause heavy losses, since water quickly will find its way back to the sea.

I think that wonderful geographical conditions will permit on high cliff Scotland England and Ireland, to build such containers into whom sea, highest waves will be pumping brine on average in world a lot. it means that the efficiency of such a system will be most effective in world, and therefore built containers should be around these countries what in the future can guarantee the green energy for all countries Europium.

Regards Andrew :D
There is strength in water ... I discovered it in 2008, publishing how to obtain electricity from sea waves in a relatively easy way. You need sea water with the help of waves, pump to a high sea shore to a large salt water tank ... .. For pumping, use thousands of small water pumps, driven by small floats .. Recently, I even managed to find a film that perfectly explains to everyone what I mean .. Instead of a man, you should put a water pump, which with the help of a float these 100 l of water will pump .. You should set up such layouts, one hundred or two hundred, cover them with the entire sea shore .. The way I came to this is in my publications, since 2008

https://www.new4stroke.com/fale%2011.mp4

Feliks

One person 100 Kg 1 meter up and down gives 1 KW each time...

Of course, railings in such a "power plant" are not necessary ..

gruntguru

Feliks wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 16:13
One person 100 Kg 1 meter up and down gives 1 KW each time...

https://www.new4stroke.com/four.jpg

Of course, railings in such a "power plant" are not necessary ..
Correction.
One person 100 Kg 1 meter up and down gives 1 kJ each time...

If this is repeated once per second you get 1 kW.
Very few people can output this level of power and then only for a few seconds.
A pro endurance cyclist can output about 300W for an hour and 1 kW for perhaps 60 seconds.
A pro sprint cyclist can output about 2 kW for 5 seconds.
je suis charlie

PhillipM

You also then need to feed that person.

gruntguru

Yes. I am sure horses would work out cheaper. Feed them grass and such.
je suis charlie

Feliks

Re: Zawór dolotowy i pomysły Feliksa

Well, your joke did not work out .. After all, this person may be dead .. she is not working .. The waves are working, lifting her up and down .. I can see it in the film :
https://www.new4stroke.com/fale%2011.mp4
https://www.new4stroke.com/fale.mp4
https://www.new4stroke.com/boat.mp4
but if the waves are big ..

https://www.new4stroke.com/boat.mp4

https://www.new4stroke.com/fale.mp4

Andrew:D

Feliks

Yes, here it is a source of inexhaustible energy .. Its density is 1000 times better than that of air .. so the devices can also be 1000 times smaller

Here instead of a water pump, this pier can drive generators directly instead of wheels ..

And here is a film that shows that such a motor (half rotate) cannot be effectively braked A for waves, it is enough to make sufficiently long arms, and it will also work with great efficiency.

https://www.new4stroke.com/drezyna.mp4

Feliks

Today I will propose the fastest and most powerful STEAM locomotive in the world. It consists of two parts: the first is the most modern electric locomotive currently produced. Surely it has all the necessary things that are needed nowadays .. the second part connected to it is a steam boiler driving a half-rotary star engine with many "cylinders" (e.g. 60 , or in other side 120 )), which can produce about 10 MW of power .. And it drives an ordinary large generators, also with a power of the order of 10 MW, which gives electricity to the first segment - an electric locomotive .. In this way, we avoid many limitations of a classic locomotive, and the efficiency of such a system is greater, because the cylinders do not have half rotate crossheads, on which a lot of energy is lost ...
And this is how the age of the couple is not over yet, and I will be used, for example, in such Africa for many years. Greetings to everyone and let your heart pair up, this is the way I will go ...

Now we can get excited, probably we will be able to speed on the railroad track .. here is the electro-locomotive, which set the world speed record of 357 km / h (ES64U4). Considering its weight, it is a good result .. now, I suggested that she should do it, without electricity in the network, but only an attached "steam locomotive" which generates electricity for her ... in the amount of about 10 MW.

And I think that such a set can be more economical in terms of thermal energy consumption than traditional transmission from power plants through the electric network to the railroad tracks .. Here, with such transmission, we have about 30% losses ..
Now, if we add to this the depreciation and maintenance of the expensive transmission network, which may be in the amount of another 20%, it will give us a number of 50% savings for such a solution ..
And all this thanks to the half rotate engine (as a further development of the new 4 stroke), as a steam engine, which is also more efficient, because its "pistons" do not rub against the cylinder walls, and it does not have to have a crosshead.