2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
strad

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Too much stress from working out too hard?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

rscsr

Unfortunately we got the next driver hurt.
Bagnaia seem to have hurt his right knee and it looks like he is going to need surgery.

rscsr

rscsr wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 14:08
Bagnaia seem to have hurt his right knee and it looks like he is going to need surgery.
It seem he broke his shin bone and most likely misses the Czech and Austrian GP.
motorsport-total.com

Ringleheim

rscsr wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 14:08
I'm amazed they all don't get maimed in the course of a season.

That is one of the things that makes Moto GP so fascinating!

Much of the danger/risk that is now totally gone from F1 still remains in bike racing.

etusch

I can not believe how this year is going. :shock:

nacho

Bad luck for Bagnaia again, but good luck that he broke a bone and not ligaments like it was feared.

I can't remember a time when so many premier class guys have gotten injured at the same time.

Good riding from Oliveira and Zarco + a lot of other riders. Morbidelli had consistant pace, Quartararo didn't seem as happy though he was the fastest.

AMG.Tzan

Ducati and Dovi in particular are sleeping! 3 years in a row he came second to Marquez and Marquez is out this year! This is their best chance to win the championship but i don't see it happening!

Repsol Honda are nowhere...dead last both of them unbelievable!! Brother Marquez is a disgrace! Congrats to them for picking him up...i don't know what they were thinking! Thankfully they are bringing in Pol Espargaro next year! :oops:

Brad Binder has impressed me! After testing i thought that he wasn't looking good enough...but now he is impressive! Same goes for Bagnaia! =D>

I thought Suzuki was going to be second best to Marc this year but...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

AMG.Tzan

Zarcooooooo :o :D =D>

So happy for this man...give this man a factory Ducati!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

Nakagami lost Q2 with just a small mistake. He was faster than factory riders.

nacho

Yeah Nakagami got his best lap cancelled.

It's gonna be an interesting race. The 2020 Ducati is not working on this track at all.

NathanOlder

Get in there. Great rssults all round. Binder wins for KTM, Morbidelli 2nd first podium. Zarco 3rd despite Zarco being done with a long lap penalty a little harshly.

Rossi 5th, Maverick is trash again.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

n_we1ss

I feel an urge to buy a Six Days or a Superduke.

A matter of time when KTM wins in premier class. If I remember correctly, KTM used to be nobodies in motocross & Dakar, now they're one of the best.

etusch

At brno ktm bike looked very strong. they could be 1-2 if Pol E. didn't make mistake after taking p3

nacho

Kind of a crazy result but a good result.

Zarco's penalty didn't make much sense, Pol made a mistake and left the line open. I was wishing for Pol to have a good result.

Vinales, Quartararo, Dovi etc. seemed to be suffering a lot with tyres. Factory Ducati's need something quickly as the bikes aren't working.

etusch

What can Pol Espargaro bring to Honda?

Pol Espargaro will be joining Marc Marquez at Repsol Honda for 2021 after four successful years with KTM.
Pol has proven over at KTM that he has the skills to develop a motorbike and bring it to the front. When he first rode the KTM he said it was incredibly hard to ride and felt like it was going to ‘fall apart’ down the straights.

Over the four years that Pol rode for KTM, his knowledge and data proved to be invaluable, giving KTM their first podium at Valencia 2018 in the soaking wet rain, even after crashing.

The issue at Honda is that they have put all their eggs into one basket, building a motorbike around Marc Marquez, this is great in the view of winning titles, but not great when no one else can ride the bike, not even MotoGP Legend Jorge Lorenzo.

Honda’s main problem is the front end with Cal Crutchlow moving back to the 2019 chassis, something which Pol helped to fix at KTM. Most of the development falls at the feet of Marc Marquez and Stefan Bradl with Marquez getting the final say on a lot of things. Given the riding style of Marquez which is very loose and violent on the bike, it has been made to suit him, with riders like Crutchlow saying that if you tried to ride the bike like Marquez every corner, you’d crash.

With Marquez currently injured, Honda are in a tight spot as they have no riders capable of truly riding the Honda to race wins and his absence will be echoed loud and clear at Honda.

This is where Pol comes in, he will be able to develop the Honda into a more user-friendly motorbike with the goal of Honda getting a 1-2 in the standings, something which hasn’t been done since 2003 with Rossi and Gibernau.

If the bike is easier to ride, it may give Marquez an easier time as he will not have to make crazy saves everywhere he can to keep the motorbike upright. Espargaro has been signed to win races and to develop the Honda into a true title contender. Not to mention that Dani Pedrosa helped to develop the Honda and KTM, working with both Marquez and Espargaro, both riders will be able to use the advice given by Pedrosa to really turn the Honda into something special.
http://everythingmotoracing.com/2020/08 ... VOWkbThh0s