[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMika98
McMika98

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

No good if Max is behind Renault or Force India as he will chew tyres while following. I expect Max to quali using hard tyres on Q2.
Race pace is middle of nowhere, Max only did few laps so don't know what the dog will be.

Juzh

godlameroso wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 19:39
McMika98 wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 17:29
Even in the hands of Max, Redbull now behind a Renault and within tenths of Stroll. The car has no area where it is great other than braking. What a turd.
:lol:

Renault is about a second off the pace in race trim.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... es_v01.pdf

Riccardo is in the mid to high 32's, Verstappen is in the Mid to high 31's, even Albon is faster by a few tenths.

We saw last week Mercedes starts off in the high 30's, so if they're doing low to mid 31's it'll be to save tires. The good news is that although Mercedes has around .7 seconds of extra pace in hand, they can't use that all race long, they have to manage it or they'll burn through their tires or fuel. Verstappen's mid 31's is his steady pace, he can keep that up, so even though Mercedes is faster, any slip ups, any tire issues, any untimely safety cars or virtual safety cars can shake things up. He's nabbed second place twice now just capitalizing on mistakes made by Bottas, probably could have had another second place without that reliability issue in the first race. If the car was just a little faster relative to Mercedes I honestly think he could take the fight to them.

It's easier for him because no one is really there to take 3rd from him so he's guaranteed that at least, last year the Ferrari could challenge for wins on the right tracks, so he would end up 4th on occasion. Plus no points will be lost due to engine penalties, which is a small boost. The downside is the pace deficit means there's little to no chance of winning a race on merit unless there's a big improvement from the chassis.
Why do you keep feeding this troll? Just -1 and ignore.

equaliser

Juzh wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 10:22
godlameroso wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 19:39
McMika98 wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 17:29
Even in the hands of Max, Redbull now behind a Renault and within tenths of Stroll. The car has no area where it is great other than braking. What a turd.
:lol:

Renault is about a second off the pace in race trim.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... es_v01.pdf

Riccardo is in the mid to high 32's, Verstappen is in the Mid to high 31's, even Albon is faster by a few tenths.

We saw last week Mercedes starts off in the high 30's, so if they're doing low to mid 31's it'll be to save tires. The good news is that although Mercedes has around .7 seconds of extra pace in hand, they can't use that all race long, they have to manage it or they'll burn through their tires or fuel. Verstappen's mid 31's is his steady pace, he can keep that up, so even though Mercedes is faster, any slip ups, any tire issues, any untimely safety cars or virtual safety cars can shake things up. He's nabbed second place twice now just capitalizing on mistakes made by Bottas, probably could have had another second place without that reliability issue in the first race. If the car was just a little faster relative to Mercedes I honestly think he could take the fight to them.

It's easier for him because no one is really there to take 3rd from him so he's guaranteed that at least, last year the Ferrari could challenge for wins on the right tracks, so he would end up 4th on occasion. Plus no points will be lost due to engine penalties, which is a small boost. The downside is the pace deficit means there's little to no chance of winning a race on merit unless there's a big improvement from the chassis.
Why do you keep feeding this troll? Just -1 and ignore.
I agree, simply block this troll and the forum becomes a sensible discussion again.

equaliser

Tyre Strategy: Hard > Hard > Medium? or Medium > Hard > Hard? I'm thinking the first strategy but who knows what will happen in the race!

Marti_EF3

Doubt you can made it to Q3 with the Hard! I think best should be Medium - Hard - Medium

equaliser

Looks like Max is starting on the hard tyre, very interesting, the only runner to do so. Looks like my Hard > Hard > Medium strategy might be on!

HPD

The race is much more important than qualifying.
Max will suffer at the beginning but I like the strategy with the hard tires

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Hard tyres are useless if SC comes out like with Mags/Albon last week.

etusch

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 14:45
Doubt you can made it to Q3 with the Hard! I think best should be Medium - Hard - Medium
What about hard-medium- soft (for last lap) :lol:

Revs84
Revs84

Ideally would have started 3rd (with 1st being unreachable of course) but there will definitely be some opportunities with the different strategy. The fact that Bottas took pole might actually also help. Fingers crossed!

Revs84
Revs84

etusch wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 16:14
Marti_EF3 wrote:
I doubt that will be possible. The tyres won't hold in my opinion. Anyone wanting to get the fastest lap on the soft would need to get a 3rd stop if they have enough gap behind.
Last edited by Revs84 on 08 Aug 2020, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

Marti_EF3

etusch wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 16:14
Marti_EF3 wrote:
I couldn't believe it when I saw Max with the Hards! But he made it! Shame that Hulk got P3, but definetely it's an advantage for tomorrow with the strategy. Hopefully no safety cars on the 1st Stint! :lol:

hasika
hasika

I dont think the soft will be a option.It seems the qualifying pace is a problem for RB this year.The car just cant work well with extreme low fuel.
RB was always 1-1.5s faster than STR with the same engine in the past few years,but they are not that faster compared with AT this year in qualifying this year.

Karim28
Karim28

I assume actually that the P3 will be secured tomorrow, only if Max loses no positions and waste his tyres chasing 2 or more cars. And who knows, maybe a safety car would help after the long first stint.
The whole performance of Honda engines this weekend shows us obviously that the team should hurry in terms of developments and updates. The engine isn't that bad and probably not behind Renault as said recently.
And again for the 2nd time in a row, Gasly with RB15 chassis beats Albon with RB16 and the same engine. Not taking Hulkenberg into account would be a immortal mistake from Helmut and the management. I really wonder how it would be, if we put Hulkenberg instead of Albon or Gasly last year.

Marti_EF3

Karim28 wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 16:30
I assume actually that the P3 will be secured tomorrow, only if Max loses no positions and waste his tyres chasing 2 or more cars. And who knows, maybe a safety car would help after the long first stint.
The whole performance of Honda engines this weekend shows us obviously that the team should hurry in terms of developments and updates. The engine isn't that bad and probably not behind Renault as said recently.
And again for the 2nd time in a row, Gasly with RB15 chassis beats Albon with RB16 and the same engine. Not taking Hulkenberg into account would be a immortal mistake from Helmut and the management. I really wonder how it would be, if we put Hulkenberg instead of Albon or Gasly last year.
We just saw that Hulk is a very adaptable driver. Only a few FP sessions and beating Stroll, who made all the preseason and races with the same car...