General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pany

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

I'm not happy about it, according to me is not good news. I hoped at leastforlonger reliability. Now is sure the new engine clarifications after Ferrari affair did impact strongly on honda engines too

Alexf1

Pany wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 11:59
I'm not happy about it, according to me is not good news. I hoped at leastforlonger reliability. Now is sure the new engine clarifications after Ferrari affair did impact strongly on honda engines too
But what's to gain in current situation by holding on to the 1st engine for more races on a lower power mode instead of racing with the 2nd engine on higher power modes and using the 1st engine in friday free practices on low power mode for as long as possible. Nobody is threatening their 2nd place in WCC or Max's 3rd in WDC. Lets take a risk and go after Bottas 2nd WDC place.

Marti_EF3

Alexf1 wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 14:14
Pany wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 11:59

But what's to gain in current situation by holding on to the 1st engine for more races on a lower power mode instead of racing with the 2nd engine on higher power modes and using the 1st engine in friday free practices on low power mode for as long as possible. Nobody is threatening their 2nd place in WCC or Max's 3rd in WDC. Lets take a risk and go after Bottas 2nd WDC place.
Agree. That was discussed last week for sure between Honda and RBR. And you can gather more information about the PU if you push it harder during a race.

Pany

The gain could be you win some races only, just like last year. For sure I will not pay for watching up to next season

Pany

The gain could be you win some races only, just like last year. For sure I will not pay for watching up to next season

tangodjango

Maybe Honda ran Gasly's PU higher in quali and they will do the same for Max in the race tomorrow at least sooner this season. Nothing to lose in their situation.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Marti_EF3

Also I think the RB15 was much better in Q than the RB16. That shows Gasly faster than Albon. Also the RB15 ended the season being a very strong and "easy" to drive car, compared to the early RB15 that Gasly struggled with. But the PU seems top tier on race mode, and acceptable on Q mode

TNTHead

VER after Silverstone victory: also thanks to Honda.

etusch

good result came with good stragy
=D> =D> =D>

etusch

Looks like a good day for honda if we don't count Motogp

Marti_EF3

Tsunoda looks really strong at managing tyre life. It's a good option for AT for 2022, maybe 2021, but a bit too early I think

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

TOYOHARU TANABE
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, HONDA F1

It is fantastic to have taken our first win of the season at this special 70th anniversary race, at Aston Martin Red Bull Racing’s home track, which is also very near to our Milton Keynes headquarters. It also has further significance for us, as just a few days ago, on 5th August, it was the anniversary of the death of our founder, Soichiro Honda, who passed away in 1991, making it an even more emotional win. We knew from Friday that this race would be tough on tyres, with a softer range of compounds than the previous week’s choice at the same track. That proved to be true, but thanks to an excellent strategy and Max’s ability to make it work, we were able to take this win which is very much down to teamwork from everyone involved. Honda’s PU contributed to the victory, giving good performance and running reliably. Alex had a difficult race starting from ninth, but fought back well, while Daniil came from far back to tenth so that Honda had three cars in the points. Pierre had shown great pace all weekend, however his strategy did not work out for him, but I am sure he will get the result he deserves soon. It took a while to get our first win of the year, but I’m sure our fans will be delighted and now, as usual, we will continue to work hard to try and get more wins soon.
RACE REVIEW: Max took a stunning victory for Aston Martin Red Bull Racing as the team executed its strategy perfectly to win the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix....................

https://en.hondaracingf1.com/races/2020 ... racereview
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Also congratulations to Honda !! =D> =D> =D>

The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Good to see they are looking to the sky in honor of Soichiro Honda, 5th August was the anniversary of his death