Any f1 engineers care to share about their university career?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
milkyberly7

Any f1 engineers care to share about their university career?

Hey everyone hope youre well! A little about my background, Im currently studying for an MEng aero-mechanical degree at the top unis for it in Scotland, I have top grades and have been on the deans list every year thus far, aiming to graduate with a 1st rather comfortably. I partake in formula student as an aero engineer, lead an aerodynamics subteam for our SpaceX Hyperloop competition team and work as a propulsion engineer on a supersonic rc plane team. I plan on graduating after my bachelors year here and applying to Imperial for my masters instead, also most likely in aeronautical but possibly mechancial.

Im currently deciding on my bachelor's project with the hope of showcasing my skills to the best of my ability and maximising my chances of getting into both imperial and a grad position within f1. All my ideas are either aerospace or astro related, despite a focus on modeling and aerodynamics, could this be a bad thing? Im struggling to think of something directly motorsport related that would be as original. Can any f1 engineers share what they did for projects like that at uni and lend their opinion?

Last edited by milkyberly7 on 13 Aug 2020, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

Re: Any f1 engineers care to share about their university career?

They are here but they are shy.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™