2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
nacho

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Front end was the one thing that was good on KTM when Pol rode it the first time. He did not fix it.

I like Pol and I hope he goes well on the Honda and has some great results this season on the KTM.

I don't think anyone expected the bike and Binder be so good, not even themselves. I think Oliveira might score a podium this year too.

Both tracks this year have been very slippery and hot so let's see how they go on nore average conditions.

Andres125sx

n_we1ss wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 15:00
I feel an urge to buy a Six Days or a Superduke.

A matter of time when KTM wins in premier class. If I remember correctly, KTM used to be nobodies in motocross & Dakar, now they're one of the best.
Actually the best at any off-road competition, motocross, enduro or Dakar.

They used to be nobodie 20 years ago, but start becoming very competitive around 2000 in motocross, then enduro, then they did start winning Dakar and didn´t stop till last one, winning 18 consecutive Dakars from 2001 to 2019

I´ve always loved the brand, my nickname comes from the KTM 125sx 03 I owned and was the funniest bike I´ve ever had (I´ve owned that ktm, two Honda CR 125, one Yamaha YZ 250 and one Kawa KX 250, then when stopped practicing MX moved to dual purpose bikes with an Aprilia Pegaso, then my current Honda Transalp). None can be compared to the KTM, it was like a bicycle handling wise compared to any other, even those CR 125

I was very glad to see them taking his very first victory in MotoGP =D> =D> =D>

NathanOlder

Honda falling the way of the RedBull in F1. Without their main rider/driver they are nothing. All they do these days is put someone rubbish in the other seat. Just think where Honda/RedBull would be without Marc and Max.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

lh13

NathanOlder wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 13:27
Honda falling the way of the RedBull in F1. Without their main rider/driver they are nothing. All they do these days is put someone rubbish in the other seat. Just think where Honda/RedBull would be without Marc and Max.
Both teams need to put a little more emphasis/attention on their second driver/rider, or better yet, put an experienced person (known for providing better feedback to the engineers) on the other seat instead of rookies, who can help them develop the car/bike in a 'neutral' way. Surly the ones who can extract ~100% from difficult machinery would be able to extract even more from a 'neutral' setup.

etusch

NathanOlder wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 13:27
Nakagami could start race at first 12, if his Q1 best lap didn't erased because of his mistake and could finish better than he did. He was talking about copying MM93 style which can not be that good as soon as he starts. So we can assume that he can be better when he copy it better. if he ride by taking a bit more risk ( if we can say "a bit risky" for MM93's approach) he can be faster immidiatly.
This is a way Honda and MM93 went together. We had seen that Lorenzo could not adapt ducati as soon as he start with them. because ducati went its own way its own riders and their philosophy of course. Can we say that Lorenzo could not do with Honda what he did with ducati at his last races with that bike, if he were keep racing? I think he could. Maybe it would take longer with Honda but he could. At some point, someone will come to sport better than him with Honda or with another bike and Honda will start to do things different for being competitive again with a new guy.

rscsr

It looks like Dovizioso is the favourite for this race. Although Pol Espargaro was quicker, he got Dovizioso's slipstream on his fastest lap. Generally it seems like all (bar Aprilia) seem to be working decently with 5 different manufacturers in the top 5 of the first practice.
Zarco is strong again. I would be very surprised if he wouldn't get the latest spec Ducati next year.
Morbidelli seems to be strongest Yamaha again.
Binder wasn't looking good, although he only used the hard front tyre.
Rins on the Suzuki looks strong again, even though he seems to be still hurt.
And Nakagami looks decent again.
The other Hondas are nowhere. Crutchlow 14th and the Repsol Hondas are only 19th and 21st.

etusch

I think Ducati will get winning here and I expect it from Zarco. Nakagami can finish top 5 if he can do better top 3 is possible but I don't expect.
I think Yamaha will struggle here.
Avording to bike
1 ducati
2 Honda
3 KTM
4 Suzuki
accordng to rider
1 Ducati
2 ktm
3 Suzuki
4 Honda

etusch

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... =widget-22
Yamaha has made a request to all MotoGP manufacturers to unseal its engines on safety grounds following a series of mechanical issues, Motorsport.com has learned.
Motorsport.com first revealed last month that Yamaha had sent an engine from Valentino Rossi and Maverick Vinales’ allocation back to Japan following the Spanish Grand Prix for inspection after the former was forced to retire with an issue.

Motorsport.com understands the issue was found to relate to the inline four-cylinder engine’s valve system.

At the following week’s Andalusian GP at Jerez, Franco Morbidelli was forced to retire while battling for the podium because of a similar issue to Rossi’s.

That unit was removed from his allocation, with Dorna Sports’ official engine allocation sheets revealing that both Vinales and Morbidelli have used all five of their allocation already.

Fabio Quartararo and Rossi have used four engines so far, with all but Quartararo having one withdrawn from their allocations for the year.

Due to being a non-concession manufacturer, Yamaha is only permitted to five engines this year instead of the seven KTM and Aprilia are able to use courtesy of the concessions they run with.

Non-concession manufacturers are not permitted to develop their engines through a season – though no manufacturers are allowed to in 2020 as part of cost-saving measures amidst the coronavirus crisis.

Motorsport.com has learned, as a result of these engine issues, Yamaha riders have been running with reduced revs since Jerez.

On Thursday, Yamaha called a meeting of the Manufacturers’ Association to request it be allowed to unseal its engines on safety grounds.

This reasoning has been met with scepticism by the other manufacturers, who will now analyse the case before taking a final decision.

Yamaha currently sits first and second in the riders’ world championship, with Quartararo leading Vinales by 17 points following back-to-back wins at Jerez and a seventh at Brno.

The Japanaese marque also leads the constructors’ standings after the Czech GP by 26 points from KTM.

Morbidelli was top Yamaha runner in Friday practice for the Austrian GP in fifth, with Quartararo 10th and both works team Yamahas facing a potential Q1 fight should FP3 be wet after ending Friday 11th and 13th.

etusch

Dovi to leave Ducati. Who will replace him ? Will Lorenzo return?

etusch

surprising performance from yamahas

etusch

??

AMG.Tzan

God must have been on the bike with Valentino today! :shock: :o

What a crash...that was death incoming in the form of Morbidelli's bike! :oops:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

AMG.Tzan

Wouter wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 14:31

Wow...MotoGP and Dorna have to act now! That would have ended up with a rider or two dead for sure and none other than Valentino Rossi!

I don't know how you can save yourself from these kind of accidents in motorcycle racing...but luck was with them today! Won't be with them again the second time an accident like this happens! :?
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

NathanOlder

What can you do? ban tracks with fast corners???

Thats just silly
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC