Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ESPImperium

Re: Looks like we're racing Mugello in 2020

Looking like this will be the rest of the calendar:

Spa/Monza/Mugello (Belgium/Italian/Tuscan)

Sochi (Russian)

Imola/Nurburgring/Portamao (San Marino?/German/Portugal)

My Thoughts:
Things are starting to become a little stretched, venues are available, however id like to see the schedule start to be back to backed, the triple headers will take their toll on not only the teams and suppliers but the media as well. Spa/Monza/Mugello should be the last, team up Sochi with Nurburgring, as Hockenhiem has lost interest, or Nurburgring has offered to cover costs better. Nurburgring in October??? Its a bit sketch weatherise, but its always a fun race there.

Then have Imola and Portamao together, this will round out F1 in Europe unless we can find another two venues here, id suggest that November and December will see two races in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi respectively as this will ease the strain and give us 17 races. in the season, end it, call it a day, give the teams and media a decent off season. If that is achievable, then move on to 2021 with a full season, with spectators if possible. Im not gonna say that 2021 will see F1 races with spectators, i think that we will keep seeing closed door races for a while to come. Im thinking that 2022 will be the first season return to a normality, this will go for football (Soccer for the USA), other live sport and live events like music gigs and such.

foxmulder_ms

ESPImperium wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 00:01

Sochi (Russian)

My Thoughts:
Things are starting to become a little stretched, venues are available, however id like to see the schedule start to be back to backed, the triple headers will take their toll on not only the teams and suppliers but the media as well. Spa/Monza/Mugello should be the last, team up Sochi with Nurburgring, as Hockenhiem has lost interest, or Nurburgring has offered to cover costs better. Nurburgring in October??? Its a bit sketch weatherise, but its always a fun race there.

Then have Imola and Portamao together, this will round out F1 in Europe unless we can find another two venues here, id suggest that November and December will see two races in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi respectively as this will ease the strain and give us 17 races. in the season, end it, call it a day, give the teams and media a decent off season. If that is achievable, then move on to 2021 with a full season, with spectators if possible. Im not gonna say that 2021 will see F1 races with spectators, i think that we will keep seeing closed door races for a while to come. Im thinking that 2022 will be the first season return to a normality, this will go for football (Soccer for the USA), other live sport and live events like music gigs and such.
Nothing in Asia??

Looking at the current covid situation, i think Vietnam and China can be safe. Even spectators is possible. China has just opened movie theaters.

Nathanael F1

foxmulder_ms wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 02:36
ESPImperium wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 00:01

Sochi (Russian)

My Thoughts:

Nothing in Asia??

Looking at the current covid situation, i think Vietnam and China can be safe. Even spectators is possible. China has just opened movie theaters.
I believe China has cancelled all international sports events for the rest of the year.
https://apnews.com/353426b023ed077daa5dae644ffc5b51
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Just_a_fan

It's a shame there's no US GP this year. I reckon the W11 would be a beast there. Lapping the field level beast.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

falonso81

Nurburgring will be epic in October. I predict a chaotic race!
Hoping that they can squeeze Magny Cours in somewhere. Trackwise this is one of the best seasons.
Last edited by falonso81 on 26 Jul 2020, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

Zynerji

falonso81 wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 18:16
Nurburgring will be epic in October. I predict a chaotic race!
NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!NORDSCHLEIFE!

I can always dream.. :-P

PlatinumZealot

Nurburgring.. Had like maybe one exciting race in recent memory.. That was 2011. And it was due to certain circumstances in the race.
Not expecting much excitement form unless there is rain or something.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Ringleheim

PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 22:20
Nurburgring.. Had like maybe one exciting race in recent memory.. That was 2011. And it was due to certain circumstances in the race.
The Südschleife sucks, and always has!

Mogster

PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 22:20
Agree, Nurburgring GP is a forgettable track without any decent corners.

Excited for Mugello, Portimao and Imola though. I just hope we get decent weather.

Mogster

Autosport reporting Liberty are struggling to organise any Asian races for November. Now looking to Istanbul Park and Jerez for November.

Does Istanbul have a valid grade 1 certificate though? I thought the place was in a bad state, maybe Liberty are desperate enough to pay for repairs...
Last edited by Mogster on 15 Aug 2020, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

JordanMugen

Ringleheim wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 17:22
The Südschleife sucks, and always has!
At least it's a traditional (as in 70's-80's) track with grass and without overly large run-offs... I think it's a good track. :)

Mogster

On the PC Nurbs GP feels like a drive to the bottom hairpin and back through a few chicanes. It has poor flow and no decent corners. Runoff isn’t that bad, there’s a couple of places but nothing as ooh errr as Imola or Mugello.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wouter

If there are still enthusiasts here. There are still plenty of tickets for sale. :P

Friday: 188 € - 300 €
Saturday: 375 € - 600 €
Sunday: 750 € - 1100 €
The Power of Dreams!

Joe Hudson

quick question anyone know how many the laps the mugello race is going to have