2020 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 31-02 July / August

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Polarit

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 31-02 July / August

Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 21:55
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 05:02
Schuttelberg wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 23:28
I'm going to just say, I'm really happy with today.

2016 was difficult to take, specially Malaysia. However, I always believed that Rosberg was somewhere between a great and good driver. It's hard to still believe he won a title but the current line up of Mercedes makes it seem like a dream. I'm glad Bottas has a points deficit now and Hamilton has a 'bad luck buffer.' It's very obvious that Mercedes will finish 1-2 in most races unless something goes wrong and Bottas could've lucked into a title with Hamilton having a couple of DNF's.
Bottas in my book would make the worst world champion of all time and I like Hamilton, less than Schumacher but still like him and feel he deserves his success.

As for the race, it was as expected barring the final lap.
Bottas is better than Rosberg and Vettel.
And I am better looking than Brad Pitt.
Bottas is nowhere near currently Rosberg. Rosberg is hugely underrated by some.

Wynters

Just looking at the parts damaged during Qualifying that needed replacing before the race:-

Car 77: RHS rear tyre (race start set)
Car 05: LHS and RHS rear tyre (race start set)
Car 33: LHS rear tyre (race start set)
Car 31: LHS and RHS rear tyre (race start set)

Schuttelberg

Polarit wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 03:31
Schuttelberg wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 05:02

Bottas is better than Rosberg and Vettel.
Rosberg is under rated as is Webber. For me, Hamilton's biggest team mate to trump was Button. The way they both raced without crashing consistently and the fact that Hamilton beat him over 3 years (big enough sample size) shows the class of driver Hamilton is.
Alonso, Button and Rosberg. You're talking about a man that's beaten 3 world champions. Image plays a huge role in life so Alonso gets highlighted a lot more.
If someone says Bottas is anywhere near any of the three, they're a screw lose if you ask me. Better than Vettel? Oh certainly!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

etusch

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

SAEED

SiLo wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 20:42
ringo wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 20:29
Looks like Lewis adapted his driving style to the balance of the 3 wheels.
Looks like he went slower for right hand turns and then much faster in the left hand turns knowing the load was on the other tyre.
Hamilton's speed trace for last two laps:

ENGINE TUNER

Schuttelberg wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 18:36
Polarit wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 03:31
Schuttelberg wrote:

Rosberg is under rated as is Webber. For me, Hamilton's biggest team mate to trump was Button. The way they both raced without crashing consistently and the fact that Hamilton beat him over 3 years (big enough sample size) shows the class of driver Hamilton is.
Alonso, Button and Rosberg. You're talking about a man that's beaten 3 world champions. Image plays a huge role in life so Alonso gets highlighted a lot more.
If someone says Bottas is anywhere near any of the three, they're a screw lose if you ask me. Better than Vettel? Oh certainly!
Mods please move this discussion to the proper thread

BOT is currently closer in performance to HAM than ROS was in 14 or 15. 16 was highly skewed by all of HAMs reliability issues. BOT beats HAM more often in qually than ROS did when irregularities(like ROS cheating in Mon '14, or HAMs repeated qually car failures)
BOT makes less mistakes while leading and during wheel to wheel battle, even though he is less experienced than ROS was in '14.

BUT was the worst of HAMs big time opponents. Ranked in order of success/quality vs HAM it would be ALO then BOT then ROS then BUT then KOV if you accounted for irregularities and "luck". HAM trounced BUT in qually even moreso than he did KOV. BUT had a lot of luck with alternate strategies, something that ROS and BOT(and ALO) are not afforded. BUT's record vs HAM is also embellished because MAS and WEB were used as blockers to destabilize HAM for their #1 drivers and crashed into HAM several times. Also many many McLaren mistakes, car failures and poor pitstops.

If one objectively watches the quallys it is clear, BOT outqualifies the all time pole position record holder HAM more often than ROS did, when you take out the nonsense like cheating and car failures. (ALO and KOV must be removed from that part if the discussion because of race fuel qually that was in effect from 07-09)

If one watches the races it is clear that BOT makes less mistakes than ROS. BOT, in 18 and 19, is better vs HAM than ROS was in 14 and 15.

maxxer

I think the line up at Mercedes is good now even if Bottas doesnt become wdc his feedback to the team to build these cars is very important and it seems him and lewis get along fine