[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

variante wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 18:45
Since the official website doesn't help us, here's some situational awarness:
Let me know if i messed up some numbers.
Thanks!

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 19:03
variante wrote:
Thanks!
Yes, yes, I have gotten very slow, I know...
At least you should now all have your reports. Let me know, if I forgot someone.

machin

variante wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/26Cjr39.png

https://i.imgur.com/IfNUHDa.png

I think we have a volunteer to update the website! =D> =D> =D>
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

LVDH

Actually, I my plan is a little bit different: I will soon open an account on some GIT service, so hopefully some of you guys, or other interested people, could help with developing the Python scripts, used to check and render the cars and fill up all the tables used on the homepage.
In general, other help is also appreciated. I still dream of something like an MVRC CFD journalist that writes cool articles. But if there are other ideas to help or add other new features for MVRC, any input is very welcome.

variante

I've never managed a website, but for the time being wouldn't it be easier to just copy-paste the data i provided, or something like that?

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 19:58
Actually, I my plan is a little bit different: I will soon open an account on some GIT service, so hopefully some of you guys, or other interested people, could help with developing the Python scripts, used to check and render the cars and fill up all the tables used on the homepage.
In general, other help is also appreciated. I still dream of something like an MVRC CFD journalist that writes cool articles. But if there are other ideas to help or add other new features for MVRC, any input is very welcome.
If you think it could be a good idea, as a sponsor, I could swap the supply of the final prize with a few hours per month as a "writer" on the official website (you just need to activate a Wordpress role as "writer"), considering that with shipping books or preparing the STL model for 3D printing, some time has been invested during the last three seasons.

(Koldskaal's prize for the 2019 season remains confirmed and Variante's prize for the 2018 season is still awaiting his public bitcoin key or Paypal reference to be shipped ...).

CAEdevice

Hi, I jope you are all doing well.

I found this very good presentation of the challenge by LDVH ( https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... udeYorDYmV ).

I don't think the rule switch is still possible, but I would like André to confirm 2019/2020 rules.

From my point of view would it be more interesting to go on studying Variante's impressive car than to start from scratch.

MaccaRacing

Hi guys!

I would like to ask you a question about the mantium flow templates. Is there any way to have a better correlation between the MVRC fast template and the normal one? Maybe by playing with settings...

machin

CAEdevice wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 21:25
I don't think the rule switch is still possible, but I would like André to confirm 2019/2020 rules.

From my point of view would it be more interesting to go on studying Variante's impressive car than to start from scratch.
Andre and I haven't talked about that for a while... so I think it is more likely that we will keep the current rules for the whole season as it just makes our life much easier, :-)
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 23:01
CAEdevice wrote:

Andre and I haven't talked about that for a while... so I think it is more likely that we will keep the current rules for the whole season as it just makes our life much easier, :-)
I agree, that is a wise decision

LVDH

machin wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 23:01
CAEdevice wrote:

I think Richard made a wise and obvious conclusion.

MaccaRacing wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 23:30
Hi guys!

I would like to ask you a question about the mantium flow templates. Is there any way to have a better correlation between the MVRC fast template and the normal one? Maybe by playing with settings...
You can pay around with the mesh resolution and the number of iterations, or you go away from the idea of a great correlation and just use the fast template to see if new parts make the car better or not and not how much exactly they improve.

Saturday you should have all received an email about the upcoming race, which includes the submission links. Make sure you were on the list, without submission link, you could have a problem next weekend.

Joe7218

LVDH wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 08:28

Saturday you should have all received an email about the upcoming race, which includes the submission links. Make sure you were on the list, without submission link, you could have a problem next weekend.
I will make sure to remember to upload as a .zip this time haha :lol:

LVDH

Joe7218 wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 10:53
LVDH wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 08:28

I will make sure to remember to upload as a .zip this time haha :lol:
You were the bad boy, who just sent a huge bunch of stl files? =D>

k.ko100v

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well.

I was wondering, are you all working on a low drag/downforce cars for the upcoming race or you are going to race with what you have developed so far.?

I am trying to come up with such a setup (low drag), but for now there is no suffisient benefit compared to the latest version of the car. Anyway, I will try to develop it as much as I can, in order to be in the spirit of Monza :)

Regards,
Krasen

variante

My plan was to develop it a bit for Monza, optimizing it and maybe playing with low drag configurations and such. Turns out i have been too busy for that...maybe i'll do something in the next days. Anyway, the high efficiency setup seems to work everywhere, and my car seems to like Monza a lot, so...i'm ok with that.