[ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: [ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ScrewCaptain27

Breaking news! Williams has been purchased by US investment firm Dorilton Capital.
https://www.williamsf1.com/news/2020/08 ... on-capital
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

bauc

This marks an end of an era, but I'm glad to see the Williams name continue in the sport.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Manoah2u

Finally.
Let's hope we can see Williams prosper again.
Pretty hypocritical though, just over a season ago they mentioned they'd 'never ever' sell and become a B-team of sorts,
despite constantly being at the back, and now they're actually and in all reality GONE.
The name may stay, but since they're bought, not just have a new team principal, they're no longer the same.

I am glad that the owners have announced they're keeping the name though, and i think it's smart.
Williams is a heritage name in F1, and if they're able to bring back success then that'll only benefit them.

( Personal comment removed)
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Pany

Manoah2u wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 11:01
Finally.
Let's hope they're smart and get rid of Claire asap, and we can see Williams prosper again.
Pretty hypocritical though, just over a season ago they mentioned they'd 'never ever' sell and become a B-team of sorts,
despite constantly being at the back, and now they're actually and in all reality GONE.
The name may stay, but since they're bought, not just have a new team principal, they're no longer the same.

I am glad that the owners have announced they're keeping the name though, and i think it's smart.
Williams is a heritage name in F1, and if they're able to bring back success then that'll only benefit them.
Sure Claire has been big problem

genarro

Pany wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 11:07
Manoah2u wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 11:01
Finally.
Let's hope they're smart and get rid of Claire asap, and we can see Williams prosper again.

Sure Claire has been big problem
Do you think that they were just sold? Of course the main ultimatum in the contract was that the name and UK base remains unchanged. Why in earth would anyone change the Williams name? Only the biggest idiot would do somethnig like this.

bill shoe

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 10:19
Breaking news! Williams has been purchased by US investment firm Dorilton Capital.
Goodbye Frank Williams. Well played over the course of four decades.

Jackles-UK

Sad day in many respects to see the last remaining true privateer team disappear but that era & model of F1 just isn’t viable in today’s climate. Saying that, it would’ve been far worse to have seen the team fold altogether so I’m glad to see the team continue.

Their situation with the upcoming staged R&D allocation and their existing facilities means they could be in a good position to recover going forward if they receive a decent cash injection and a new face or two in the team.

Big Tea

bill shoe wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 12:34
ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 10:19
Goodbye Frank Williams. Well played over the course of four decades.
Do you think so? I see him as still being a useful icon, to the team and new owners.
No doubt his hands on days at Williams are long gone, but a far better figure head than Ronalt Mcdonalt(tm), and look at the success he gets.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

proteus

How much did they pay?
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Mattchu

proteus wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 13:42
How much did they pay?
3 pound fifty :)

I hope Williams will come out of this stronger but sadly I don`t really trust American Private Investment funds! Just ditch Claire and get some decent structure in place for starters...

Big Tea

Mattchu wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 14:26
proteus wrote:
How much did they pay?

I hope Williams will come out of this stronger but sadly I don`t really trust American Private Investment funds! Just ditch Claire and get some decent structure in place for starters...
Is that inc V.A.T?

It looks like the sort of company who would buy it, put it on a sound footing, get it competitive and sell it on for several million profit.

(Or, they made it look like they so Frank would sell)

Does anyone here know of names who have been motosport related in the company?

Look for a spot of head hunting hopfully

diffuser

Big Tea wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 15:03
Mattchu wrote:
proteus wrote:
How much did they pay?

Is that inc V.A.T?

It looks like the sort of company who would buy it, put it on a sound footing, get it competitive and sell it on for several million profit.

Hate to tell you this but all of F1 is owned by a US ".com". Claire ditched herself by selling. They've needed a Technical heavy at the top for sometime but they haven't had the money. Thier last Gasp was Paddy and that went really south. They must be really hard up for cash to sell at a time when F1 teams are on the cusp of doubling in value. Maybe theier getting a partial kick up in value cause of that.

Big Tea

diffuser wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 15:30
Big Tea wrote:
21 Aug 2020, 15:03
Mattchu wrote:

Is that inc V.A.T?

Hate to tell you this but all of F1 is owned by a US ".com". Claire ditched herself by selling. They've needed a Technical heavy at the top for sometime but they haven't had the money. Thier last Gasp was Paddy and that went really south. They must be really hard up for cash to sell at a time when F1 teams are on the cusp of doubling in value. Maybe theier getting a partial kick up in value cause of that.
Owned by a Mickey Mouse outfit :shock:

SmallSoldier

Jackles-UK wrote:Sad day in many respects to see the last remaining true privateer team disappear but that era & model of F1 just isn’t viable in today’s climate. Saying that, it would’ve been far worse to have seen the team fold altogether so I’m glad to see the team continue.

Their situation with the upcoming staged R&D allocation and their existing facilities means they could be in a good position to recover going forward if they receive a decent cash injection and a new face or two in the team.
What? They are still a private team, they have changed ownership, they haven’t become a “B-Team” for any other team on the grid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk