Williams sold to private investment firm Dorilton Capital

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Williams sold to private investment firm Dorilton Capital

would love to see new concodre agreement
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

found some article claiming just that indeed about the registration.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/is-merce ... -time-yet/

not have seen 'proof' of it yet though. again, i'm not saying it isn't, i'd just be VERY keen to see it.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

littlebigcat

I assume they would keep it as the same company, because if Ferrari ever did pull out, they would be in line for the historic payment

bill shoe

littlebigcat wrote:
25 Aug 2020, 12:48
I assume they would keep it as the same company, because if Ferrari ever did pull out, they would be in line for the historic payment
It also ensures that any new team must either buy an entry from an existing team, or must pay the large upfront fee for an additional team which gets redistributed to the other teams anyway. This gives some franchise value to existing teams.

At least this was the theory until Racing Point forced their way in two years ago without going thru the transfer-of-entry process that was previously required. In hindsight it was a preview of RP's political power in F1 that is certainly continuing now.

strad

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Aug 2020, 12:22
would love to see new concodre agreement

fat chance. I think it would be easier to get into Ft Knox. :lol: :lol:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss