F1 should give us drivers' reaction times to the green light

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Moore77

Re: F1 should give us drivers' reaction times to the green light

SiLo wrote:
26 Aug 2020, 11:42
AnthonyG wrote:
26 Aug 2020, 11:26
Wass85 wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 13:28
The one thing that infuriates me is the terrible camera work, I was watching some 2000's footage of Schumacher and the sense of speed was mesmerising.
+1
I think it's also the ungainly big cars (large objects apear to move slower), lack of sound and lack of movement/twitching of the cars.
I honnestly sometimes have trouble distinguishing if a driver is driving slow/has a problem or is going flat-out.
They should really have more stationary shots to give a sense of speed.

Imagine a proper camera and mic setup here...
Eau Rogue in 2009. Just spectacular.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

NathanOlder

I dont feel the camera work is any worse now than it was before. In fact its probably better now. When watching the video's from the 90's , 00's ect they seem spectacular and maybe better, but if you watch them again after pressing the mute button its not in anyway better than what we have now. It's all about the sound, not the visuals in my opinion.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

On the subject of heart rate, Just watching the Moto3 in Portimao. The 2 riders going for the championship in this final race of the season is Arenas and Ogura. They just showed their team managers heart rate live. The difference was nearly 50 beats per minute! Jorge Martinez was over 140bpm. Checcini in the other garage was in the high 90's bpm. Such a difference .
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

raymondu999

Such small details would be amazing for us to see. But i think the niche that cares to see it, and the cost of implementing, would be way too much.

Wrt reaction times, afaik the cars already have ecus with synchronized chronos do they not? It should be a couple of lines of code to get the reaction times, ad long as you sync up another chrono at the startline
失败者找理由,成功者找方法