[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

:) . :D . :lol:

The Power of Dreams!

McMika98
McMika98

godlameroso wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 19:52
Starting 3rd, Verstappen has a chance to slip stream Bottas as Bottas slip streams Hamilton. With the drag of these cars and the long run from La Source, Verstappen has a chance to jump at least one Mercedes if he makes it through turn 1. Does he start on the left or right side of the grid?
I'd be more worried about Ricciardo who is on soft tyres and has lower downforce configuration, Max will be a sitting duck.

As for the gap, Hamilton did not get the tow and was the first one out. Max got a decent tow from Albon and jumped Riciardo on his second attempt.

Wass85
Wass85

McMika98 wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 20:52
godlameroso wrote:
Starting 3rd, Verstappen has a chance to slip stream Bottas as Bottas slip streams Hamilton. With the drag of these cars and the long run from La Source, Verstappen has a chance to jump at least one Mercedes if he makes it through turn 1. Does he start on the left or right side of the grid?
I'd be more worried about Ricciardo who is on soft tyres and has lower downforce configuration, Max will be a sitting duck.

As for the gap, Hamilton did not get the tow and was the first one out. Max got a decent tow from Albon and jumped Riciardo on his second attempt.
That's what I've just discovered after watching the highlights on C4, I wonder how close Albon would have been with a two for himself.

Sieper

Yes, I am really happy, will we finally see some real racing between Max and Lewis, like f.e. Hungary last year. I hope so!

mem

Sieper wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 21:26
Yes, I am really happy, will we finally see some real racing between Max and Lewis, like f.e. Hungary last year. I hope so!
this is a possibility now since no more horses running behind the high-voltage circuits. :wink:
specially with Bottas usually slow starts this season so it could be Max p2 after turn 1,any way just hope Max pass turn 1 intact.

Big Tea

Wass85 wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 21:02
McMika98 wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 20:52
godlameroso wrote:

That's what I've just discovered after watching the highlights on C4, I wonder how close Albon would have been with a two for himself.
I think they played 'buddies' with Max towing first for Alex to get up the grid and Alex towing to get to the front.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

A little bit, They Just ran 1 in front of the other, nothing like with Offering up Vandoorne to tow Alonso Up kemmel straight.

Moore77

godlameroso wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 19:02
The gap over the longest lap on the calendar is the smallest it has been in every q session thus far.

If Mercedes was .4 seconds faster in the race on average with a .7 sec gap in Q then it seems Verstappen is .2 closer to Merc in race trim around here.
I am holding my breath and waiting for the analysis to come out.
All I saw was, in the initial stages, Max was faster by 3 tenths in Sector 1, which over the course of the race, slowed down and Mercedes started improving in S1 and started matching. In sector 2, Hamilton was an unbelievable, close to 1 full second and except for a couple of laps, that was the case all through. In Sector 3, it's the same story like in Sector 1. While the gap per lap was around half a second in the early part, but it moved close to a second in the last part.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

McMika98
McMika98

Dont understand how the car isnt kind on tyres. Renault will beat both cars in Monza at this rate. Max complaining about mediums after less than 10 laps despite the higher downforce compared to midfield. If they trim downforce they will be behind Renault and maybe Mclaren. People need to look over their shoulder, Renault are coming all guns blazing.

hasika
hasika

I think albon will be good if he changed to hard tyre instead of the medium.But it seems RB was not friendly with tyres in this race,the team must work hard to understand the reason.

TNTHead

Boring race and less race pace from RB as hoped for. VER was not one moment a threat for the Mercs. Midfield action was only drs driven. If balance issues were sorted it didnot increase pressure on the Mercs, at least not at this circuit, very curious about Imola and Mugello though.

Wass85
Wass85

Hamilton claiming Albon is hurting RB because Max is alone out at sea so they have no opportunities with strategy and such.

mem

i waited many races before saying that but i really think the stubbornness of Newey is hurting the team big time now ,
first he start the season very far away then he start crawling back bit by bit so slowly and if the chassis gain performance its eats tyres for break fast this is very irritating his concept is very irritating , perhaps he need to direct his career to another things and give opportunity to another one , RBR should consider Newey position seriously , this car has more pace and as Horner said they spent a fortune on it.

Moore77

mem wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 18:07
i waited many races before saying that but i really think the stubbornness of Newey is hurting the team big time now ,
first he start the season very far away then he start crawling back bit by bit so slowly and if the chassis gain performance its eats tyres for break fast this is very irritating his concept is very irritating , perhaps he need to direct his career to another things and give opportunity to another one , RBR should consider Newey position seriously , this car has more pace and as Horner said they spent a fortune on it.
To be respectful to Newey, when he completely stepped aside in 2017, Red Bull churned out a donkey and they had to force him back into the team and the car started getting better. Gone are the days of one man show. It requires a strong organization, full of talented engineers at all levels to succeed against a team like Mercedes.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

JordanMugen

mem wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 18:07
i waited many races before saying that but i really think the stubbornness of Newey is hurting the team big time now
If there was no Mercedes-Benz, Red Bull Racing would be dominating the championship... In 2010-2013, Mercedes were not competitive and you saw the result. Competition is relative. The Red Bull is still a good car. =D>