[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScrewCaptain27

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Everyone is STILL focusing on the fuel trick that was already banned at the end of last season while ignoring the real problem : ERS. Another area that has been affected by rule changes and TDs. I have been saying this for two months now, the ERS is simply not working properly this year. If it wasn’t already clear enough in Austria, today it was crystal clear.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Jolle
Jolle

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 16:51
Everyone is STILL focusing on the fuel trick that was already banned at the end of last season while ignoring the real problem : ERS. Another area that has been affected by rule changes and TDs. I have been saying this for two months now, the ERS is simply not working properly this year. If it wasn’t already clear enough in Austria, today it was crystal clear.
"nah he's just resting"

JordanMugen

hape wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 16:49
Well if both Ferrari’s end up behind the Alfa Romeo and just in front of the Haas then yes, I think the SF1000 is a dog of a car.
Low downforce circuits don't play to the strength of SF1000. The SF1000 is designed to target high and medium downforce circuits. :)

So it would be unfair to judge the SF1000 based on performance at Monza, Spa etc. Circuits like Monaco (sadly not on the calendar) and Hungary give the best hunting ground for the SF1000. :wink:

Xwang
Xwang

The president (Mr. John Elkan) as said some time ago that they are focusing on 2022.
So I do not aspect anything till the end of 2021. Maybe Ferrari will become the slowest car and will risk to be outside 107% at the end of next year.

LM10
LM10

Leclerc joins Vettel at being silent on radio after the race.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
The Ferrari ERS is fine, it just can't harvest as much, especially from the mguh because they aren't burning as much fuel. 2/3rds to 4/5ths of the electrical energy that powers the mguk comes directly from the mguh without ever going thru the battery pack.
Last edited by ENGINE TUNER on 30 Aug 2020, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

JordanMugen wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 19:43
hape wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 16:49
Well if both Ferrari’s end up behind the Alfa Romeo and just in front of the Haas then yes, I think the SF1000 is a dog of a car.
Low downforce circuits don't play to the strength of SF1000. The SF1000 is designed to target high and medium downforce circuits. :)

So it would be unfair to judge the SF1000 based on performance at Monza, Spa etc. Circuits like Monaco (sadly not on the calendar) and Hungary give the best hunting ground for the SF1000. :wink:
What specifically about the SF1000 targets it to the high and medium downforce levels tracks. I actually agree that the evidence points to your claim being true, I'm just trying to understand why.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

LM10 wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 20:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3CIyZcVz-k&t=2s
LEC was started on the wrong tires, the red softs. It possibly helped him make a fantastic start passing several cars, but it cost him at the end of the first stint. He very much lucked out with the safety car, but his tires weren't ready at the pit stop, lost more positions due to a poor box. Then the extra pit stop for the pneumatic leak he lost any chance for points. I can see why he was speechless.

ScrewCaptain27

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 21:04
LM10 wrote:

LEC was started on the wrong tires, the red softs. It possibly helped him make a fantastic start passing several cars, but it cost him at the end of the first stint. He very much lucked out with the safety car, but his tires weren't ready at the pit stop, lost more positions due to a poor box. Then the extra pit stop for the pneumatic leak he lost any chance for points. I can see why he was speechless.
It looked like he was completely out of energy by lap 3.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 22:10
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 21:04
LM10 wrote:

It looked like he was completely out of energy by lap 3.
Energy as in tires?

bucker
bucker

This team is lacking everywhere. Did anybody ever heard race engineer said "We are still on plan A." They are always considering plan C. How can they be so wrong all the time they are always converting to different plans. Today they didn't know what to say to driver, which plan is going to be executed.

Big Tea

bucker wrote:
30 Aug 2020, 22:29
This team is lacking everywhere. Did anybody ever heard race engineer said "We are still on plan A." They are always considering plan C. How can they be so wrong all the time they are always converting to different plans. Today they didn't know what to say to driver, which plan is going to be executed.
In the last race Vittel asked if it was a good idea to save tyres and go to the end, and was told 'no, go for it'

4 laps later his engineer came on the radio and said (in my words) 'How do you feel about going to the end on these tyres?'

After he took everything out of them for 4 more laps.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
If the ers was affected by the current td, mercedes would be in trouble. Which is why there is a new separate investigation going on on the ers side. But we'll probably know the results after the season ends

Scorpaguy

So 7 races in, the team is worse off than the at the beginning. Yes, this is a covid year, but with the amt. of cash Big Red spends on engineers, the Team should be able to progress somewhat. What we do know is that both cars were beaten on pace by a customer team. Aside from a lad whose dad bought him into a car that used to be 4-seconds off the pace, the only cars we finished ahead of were Ferrari milled.

In the game of politics, a 25-year veteran and valued engineer gave an ultimatum that he would not work in the same factory as Arri...Arri gets canned. Results have plummeted since. Aside from dog cars, today I also witnessed a bush league pit stop, a strange mechanical failure (requiring another lengthy stop), and vague strategy instructions to both drivers. Is "shambles" to strong a term for a team with this many resources? Thus, on the surface, Ferrari's Brass voted to keep the wrong guy.

Aside from Bino, does anyone know if other Ferrari career types threatened to leave if Arri stayed?

El Scorchio

I don’t really see how Binotto can stay if it carries on like this. They are going backwards under him with bad decisions being compounded by more bad decisions. The whole team seems toxic and directionless, and that comes from the top.