2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Big Tea

Re: 2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

Something to think on Guys.

Part A- Some cars were not as fast this year as expected. Track limits were being enforced hard. The clamp down on engine modes means less power.

Part B- The Mercs still broke the record.

Edit after reading the posy below And no slipstream :mrgreen:
Last edited by Big Tea on 05 Sep 2020, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

search

Sieper wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 19:25
They would have if they needed to.
according to AMuS, Bottas would have been allowed to take Hamilton's tow, but decided against it, as he preferred to have "clean air".

Hamilton did the same last weekend, so I guess it was just some false pride to show that he can also win the pole without any aid from anyone else. I can't see any other reason at least. Wasted opportunity for him in the end.

Schuttelberg

I love how Mercedes are pretending that the party mode ban makes them stronger. I can bet my last bottom dollar that the snake Wolff would never have been using it the other way round if it was so. What is scary is how much faster Mercedes would be if they had the modes.

The arrogance can be smelt from a distance. One day this will end, and the saying 'how the mighty have fallen' will imply.

Will they have the guts to stay and fight it out or will they go home?
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Sieper

search wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 19:45
Sieper wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 19:25
They would have if they needed to.
according to AMuS, Bottas would have been allowed to take Hamilton's tow, but decided against it, as he preferred to have "clean air".

Hamilton did the same last weekend, so I guess it was just some false pride to show that he can also win the pole without any aid from anyone else. I can't see any other reason at least. Wasted opportunity for him in the end.
Ricciardo in the sky interview said that the tow is also not only an advantage. Especially in sector 2.

I think mercedes at least saved us from a farce like last year. And maybe redbull as well by following them. After that all the rest could choose if they wanted a tow or clean air.
Last edited by Sieper on 05 Sep 2020, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

dans79

Schuttelberg wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 19:49
The arrogance can be smelt from a distance. One day this will end, and the saying 'how the mighty have fallen' will imply.

It's not winter time yet, where did you get the dump truck size load of salt?
197 104 103 7

Shrieker

Schuttelberg wrote:
I love how Mercedes are pretending that the party mode ban makes them stronger. I can bet my last bottom dollar that the snake Wolff would never have been using it the other way round if it was so. What is scary is how much faster Mercedes would be if they had the modes.

umm.. What ?!
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Moore77

Schuttelberg wrote:

It's the usual rule of the human history that those in power, can afford to be arrogant. Mercedes have more good reasons to be arrogant as rule change after rule change, nothing is stopping them. By the time they fall, I am sure the legacy would something that the F1 would never forget. So more than saying, how the might have fallen, they would probably remembered as "How great that team was". They endured frustrating few years, toiling in the mid field and facing a great deal of embarrassment before taking the F1 by storm. For as long as they last in the way they are, they can afford to be arrogant and the world can simply watch on.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

RZS10

Maybe "I love how Mercedes are pretending that the party mode ban makes them stronger. I can bet my last bottom dollar that the snake Wolff would never have been using it the other way round if it was so. " is supposed to mean "If Mercedes was stronger without quali mode then they wouldn't have used it previously" ?

Because today he confirmed that they did not use it in certain quali sessions ... and some of the 'arrogance' (some might call it confidence) is well warranted given that the blatant attempt to slow them down failed spectacularly

McMika98
McMika98

Wass85 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 13:40
McMika98 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 13:37

=D> :lol: :lol: Good joke.
Didn't watch practice then?

Verstappen was lapping faster than the Mercs with a harder tyre, he didn't get a flyer on the softs.
So you were saying....???

Anyway the race will be spectacular. :D

Mamba
Mamba

Sieper wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 19:07
Monza has never been good for redbull, this year in Hungary and Monza They have struggled most. The two tracks with extreme set ups. If that is a coincedence I don’t know.
Exactly so. When last did Red Bull go well in Monza? 6th & 8th last year, 5th & RET in 2018 and 4th & 10th in 2017. Pretty dismal track record compared to other tracks for them. Judging them and their pace on probably their worst track isn't exactly ideal. Wait a few races and see what happens to the Pecking order, or rather how close it will be. The mode ban was never going to hinder Mercedes much and for once they were honest about their advantage.

Wass85
Wass85

McMika98 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 20:21
Wass85 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 13:40
McMika98 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 13:37

=D> :lol: :lol: Good joke.
Didn't watch practice then?

Verstappen was lapping faster than the Mercs with a harder tyre, he didn't get a flyer on the softs.
So you were saying....???
Party mode stronger than thought. 😉

Pany
Pany

But if you pretend to fight for title you must be competitive in Monza too

McMika98
McMika98

Wass85 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 20:26

Party mode stronger than thought. 😉
No, incorrect deduction. Car isnt all that in low trim, acc to Max. Infact car has been piss poor and Max has been pulling these blinding laps to save face.

Race will be painful, only hope is other cars blow up.

Moore77

dans79 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 19:53
Schuttelberg wrote:

It's not winter time yet, where did you get the dump truck size load of salt?
Which part of the world you live where you get salt only in winter? :lol: Pretty tasteless world i must say, for the rest of the year.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

gshevlin
gshevlin

IMHO Mercedes will be gone in the next 2 years, at least as a constructor. Eventually, when you win almost every race, the only publicity you get is if you DON't win. That is not good publicity. All manufacturers eventually leave Formula 1, with the exception of Ferrari. Once the marketing and R&D value is less than the cost of competing in a current formula, they disappear. Some return when conditions change, others do not.