[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

bucker wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 20:33
proteus wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 20:17
Ocon is absolutely miserable at Renault. Team radio after todays race is brutal. Next year it is going to be even worse. Toxic enviroment at Renault, might be the reason why Daniel is leaving them.
🤔🤔. I don't think that this is the case. Ocon was behind Ric, he struggled on the second stint with soft tyres, same as Rai.
I didnt mean he is not getting the equal car, but his engineer is a savage towards him. He is treated like a toddler over the radio.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Rushu

Ocon Post Race Radio - Argument with Engineer/Cyril

Big Tea

I can not catch what he is saying. I disagree what?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NL_Fer

He seems to disagree about the strategy.

“We missed this race completely”

PowerandtheGlory

Rushu wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 22:38
Well, thats uncomfortable.. they need to nip that in the bud.. no driver/engineer relationship at all...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Mclarensenna

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 23:36
Rushu wrote:
Well, thats uncomfortable.. they need to nip that in the bud.. no driver/engineer relationship at all...
It seems Ocon rubs alot of people the wrong way. Gasly they were best friends growing up now enemies.
Perez gets along with every team mate then Ocon comes along and he trying to ram him into the wall every time he sees Ocon.
Max attacked (pushed him) after Brazil
Now Ocon cannot get along with his engineer
The engineer starts off congratulating him on a job well done. Then Ocon goes ultra negative and he quickly cuts him off saying lets talk after the race. Then Ocon continues to try be negative and engineer gets more annoyed raising his voice saying please stop.
Obviously Renault does not want negative talk and negativity in public, we know how angry Cyril got after Redbull kept bashing their engines. Ocon should know this about Renault.
It seems he is not coping well with a strong teammate like Ric. Next year with Alonso should be very interesting!

PowerandtheGlory

Mclarensenna wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 04:02
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 23:36
Rushu wrote:
It seems Ocon rubs alot of people the wrong way. Gasly they were best friends growing up now enemies.
Perez gets along with every team mate then Ocon comes along and he trying to ram him into the wall every time he sees Ocon.
Max attacked (pushed him) after Brazil
Now Ocon cannot get along with his engineer
The engineer starts off congratulating him on a job well done. Then Ocon goes ultra negative and he quickly cuts him off saying lets talk after the race. Then Ocon continues to try be negative and engineer gets more annoyed raising his voice saying please stop.
Obviously Renault does not want negative talk and negativity in public, we know how angry Cyril got after Redbull kept bashing their engines. Ocon should know this about Renault.
It seems he is not coping well with a strong teammate like Ric. Next year with Alonso should be very interesting!
I think Ocon himself is frustrated this season, he hasnt displayed the natural talent that everybody thought he possesed, the car hasnt been great except on the odd occasion.
I dont like the way the engineer shut him down- but we dont know the ‘previous’ here, he might have a reputation for a moan and being stroppy. Either way the working relationship needs more work- as does the car.... unfirtunately
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Pany

Really not good team-man. He complains just after is told Ricciardo P6. I don't see good future for him

diffuser

On many occasions, the driver doesn't have all the pieces, the engineer does. So the driver disagree based on what he sees. I remember a similar conversation between Max and Horner at SPA. Horner basically told Max the same thing 2 or 3 times [shut up on the radio, we'll talk about it later in the debrief]. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Chalke

I haven't seen it in mentioned here so if people aren't aware, apparently Ocon had good reason to be annoyed - reports were that the Renault team either forgot or neglected to keep his good set of medium tyres ready in the blankets, so at the restart when he asked for mediums the only option ready was the softs... oops!

Mclarensenna

Ric thanks the team and even apologizes for not being able to get past Bottas. Then praises the car and team saying he has faith in a podium in the future.
Massive contrast to Ocon.
My personal opinion is they should have stayed with Hulk and showed him loyalty. Better personality and better driver than Ocon has proven thus far.

Moore77

Mclarensenna wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 05:50

Ric thanks the team and even apologizes for not being able to get past Bottas. Then praises the car and team saying he has faith in a podium in the future.
My personal opinion is they should have stayed with Hulk and showed him loyalty. Better personality and better driver than Ocon has proven thus far.
Riccardo is in his thirties and more experienced. He is not invested in Renault anymore. He has had his fair share of disappointment displayed over radio in the past. There are other young drivers like Leclerc and Russell who have been angry on radio of late. If a driver is not disappointed with a missed opportunity then he is not hungry. Hulk was past his prime and had his chances in F1.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Mclarensenna

Moore77 wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 06:02
Mclarensenna wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 05:50

Riccardo is in his thirties and more experienced. He is not invested in Renault anymore. He has had his fair share of disappointment displayed over radio in the past. There are other young drivers like Leclerc and Russell who have been angry on radio of late. If a driver is not disappointed with a missed opportunity then he is not hungry. Hulk was past his prime and had his chances in F1.
Ric in 2015 alone went through like 8 engines with non stop retirements. The guy has probably had more mechanical failures the past 5 years than almost any driver on the grid. If not the most very close to it. Even back then i did not see him get into arguments on the radio with his engineer like Ocon did. It not about dissapointment as Hulk every single driver every week is dissapointed. it took 7 years for a car other than the top 3 teams to win a race. Talk about dissapointment every week from 70% of the grid. is it the relationship with his engineer that has gone to the toilet which i am not seeing with any other engineer currently on the grid. I also never seen Perez get so angry with any other team mate and try smash Ocon into a wall at every single opportunity. And i never seen Max go push a driver in F1 before. Clearly Ocon is in a league of his own when it comes to infuriating the people around him. Why? Good question. But the fact remains Ocon keeps infuriating the people around him so he must be doing something wrong.
Hulk only turned 33 this year. He is younger than Hamilton. This so called past his prime driver you say has so far proved to be better than Ocon on and off the track.

Jambier

HUL was way better than OCO

But they get rid of him because he was "negative".
Actually, I think he spoke the truth to Abiteboul that does not like that.

This week in Monza, Renault'boss Luca Di Meo was here, so I think Abiteboul did not want bad comments

But yeah, OCO not impressive, bad mood, every french was happy for GAS... except him.
I don"t see a bright future for him honestly.

I think Renault would be better off with GAS or RUS or anyone else like that

Mclarensenna

Jambier wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 10:04
HUL was way better than OCO

But they get rid of him because he was "negative".
Actually, I think he spoke the truth to Abiteboul that does not like that.

This week in Monza, Renault'boss Luca Di Meo was here, so I think Abiteboul did not want bad comments

But yeah, OCO not impressive, bad mood, every french was happy for GAS... except him.
I don"t see a bright future for him honestly.

I think Renault would be better off with GAS or RUS or anyone else like that
I agree Renault should try get Gasly in the car to replace Ocon. Gasly has been performing at the highest level all year long.