[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Moore77

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Deadpool wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:28
I hate myself for writing this but somehow it was easier for me when both Fearri's dropped out of the race ... as euthanasia for a dying patient ... the agony to end ... It's good that Leclerc is not hurt and that he still has the desire to fight.
Given the big picture currently, patience is the only real thing for Ferrari fans. We can hope for the revival to come in 2021. This year would be an endurance like 2014. So every new worse, should be expected in the current situation.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Gothrek

Binotto will not sleep very well tonight I think. What a disaster for Ferrari...

Xwang

If I were Ferrari, I'll put thermic cameras and suspension load sensors and whatever is needed to better understand tyres and vehicle dynamics on the cars for the whole of the remaining races so that to have at least about 6000km of free tyre testing and hope it helps solving the huge problems with the chassis because it is not normal to have the same performance than Haas and Alfa Romeo.

Pany

I don't like vettel, but have to say Ferrari is sacrificing his image in order to make him guilty for Ferrari missed title fights, instead of improve car dynamics And now they try to kill him also.....

Gothrek

Pany wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:23
I don't like vettel, but have to say Ferrari is sacrificing his image in order to make him guilty for Ferrari missed title fights, instead of improve car dynamics And now they try to kill him also.....
yeah, it's becoming very strange indeed. Random failures, always an issue. Like they want to have all the blame on him or something. Makes me think of all people that don't want to join Ferrari, like the engineers, even though Ferrari wants to pay top dollar. With all this display of politics and how they work as a team, I also wouldn't wanna join.

gshevlin

When Ferrari was being managed by Jean Todt and Ross Brawn, they had some of the best engineers, because they had leadership stability and the best driver in the world. Since then, the Old Ferrari - impatient, non-strategic and intolerant of perceived failure, has been the norm. Ferrari under-achieved for decades prior to the Todt-Brawn-Schumacher era, and has under-achieved since then. Never in the world of motorsports has so much money been expended over such a long period of time with mediocre results.
Nobody who wants stability would join Ferrari right now. The chances that Mattia Binotto will still be in charge in 18 months are not good, simply based on past Ferrari behavior. They are prepared to sacrifice anybody if that is deemed to be necessary to mollify the disappointed.

Scorpaguy

Aside from Arri...I cannot think of anyone they fired that did not deserve it. Maybe it is not their firing that is the issue...but their hiring practices.

...or the total CF that is their BOD.

Most likely a combination of all 3. Bring back Arri or hire Mallya (if he is not in jail). Then let them RUN the team. I still cannot understand this patience for Bino...an engine guy that cannot find legal HP, understand a chassis, or develop a coherent strategy. Keeping Bino just for the sake of stability now is insane.

LM10

gshevlin wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 21:18
Nobody who wants stability would join Ferrari right now. The chances that Mattia Binotto will still be in charge in 18 months are not good, simply based on past Ferrari behavior. They are prepared to sacrifice anybody if that is deemed to be necessary to mollify the disappointed.
Funny thing is that it's the fans and media asking for heads to roll. Ferrari is in a phase of changes. They finally (and luckily) seem to have understood that sacking everyone is no solution. So their current way of thinking is totally contrary to what you've written.

Louis Camilleri:
"Yes, we are in great difficulty, but I have complete faith in Mattia Binotto and his team. The results are not coming, but for some things it takes time. Unfortunately in the past there has been too much pressure and so many people let go. There is. it was kind of a place with revolving doors. I'm putting an end to that situation. "

"What Ferrari needs is stability and concentration. If we look at Red Bull's period of victories, at the current one of Mercedes, besides the talent they have one of the keys is stability, and frankly, Ferrari in this respect. is lacking ".
I'm really happy Camilleri has this opinion.

Big Tea

Kudos to Binotto, he has not hidden, he has been doing his interviews.

Still wish he would go to specsavers though
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Schippke

LM10 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 22:26
gshevlin wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 21:18
Funny thing is that it's the fans and media asking for heads to roll. Ferrari is in a phase of changes. They finally (and luckily) seem to have understood that sacking everyone is no solution. So their current way of thinking is totally contrary to what you've written.

Louis Camilleri:
"Yes, we are in great difficulty, but I have complete faith in Mattia Binotto and his team. The results are not coming, but for some things it takes time. Unfortunately in the past there has been too much pressure and so many people let go. There is. it was kind of a place with revolving doors. I'm putting an end to that situation. "

"What Ferrari needs is stability and concentration. If we look at Red Bull's period of victories, at the current one of Mercedes, besides the talent they have one of the keys is stability, and frankly, Ferrari in this respect. is lacking ".
I'm really happy Camilleri has this opinion.
Likewise, this is a refreshing viewpoint to have with regards to Camilleri. Yes, things are incredibly tough to witness right now, but stability is the only way we'll be able to turn things around moving forward. The fact he has acknowledged the 'revolving door' workplace and his intention to put an end to it is great.

Despite the fact that Binotto is coping a lot of grief at the moment from all those around him, I still hold faith. He has been Ferrari for a long time, he knows the team inside/out and knows how it works, structurally and politically. Will Ferrari win races in 2021? Doubtful with the current package, pending what miracles they can build with the engine... but their best shot is 2022 anyway.

Lay the foundations down for this year and next, to build a winning team for 2022. Lets be honest, they haven't got much else to do currently attending Grand Prix this year. :mrgreen:

donskar

YES.. NO ARGUMENT: stability is key to success. IF you have the right people in place. Does Ferrari have the right team in place? A stable team of mediocre engineers will not produce a winner.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

selvam_e2002

Binotto with ferrari for a while? what he did to team? find loop hope to win races then got secret settlement. after that the car is garbage. If he is a true technician he should improved the engine and PU. did he? no right. He got time till 2022 . let see. However Ferrari wasting time with Binotto as he already screwed Ferrari.

tpe
tpe

Xwang wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:19
If I were Ferrari, I'll put thermic cameras and suspension load sensors and whatever is needed to better understand tyres and vehicle dynamics on the cars for the whole of the remaining races so that to have at least about 6000km of free tyre testing and hope it helps solving the huge problems with the chassis because it is not normal to have the same performance than Haas and Alfa Romeo.
They will not do it...
Unfortunately. And it's a pity, because it's obvious that Ferrari cannot progress without live testing. Something is missing in terms of equipment, after all those years. And still, they don't do this! They have ho clue what is going on with the tyres, the suspension, the car dynamics, everything. And they approach each weekend like they are going for the win!

To bad...

Hoffman900

donskar wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 03:49
YES.. NO ARGUMENT: stability is key to success. IF you have the right people in place. Does Ferrari have the right team in place? A stable team of mediocre engineers will not produce a winner.
Stability attracts good engineers.

There are a lot of talented people who are avoiding Ferrari because it has a reputation of being a revolving door. Organizations like that can’t keep talent and won’t attract it. This is the case for most businesses.

JordanMugen

Ringleheim wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 18:24
Xwang wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 18:06
Ferrari will bring something new on the SF1000 at the Mugello GP:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... n=widget-1

how much time is it worth? :-)
It won't make the car faster, but it will make it look a hell of a lot better! This current color they use with its flat or matte sheen is the worst paint on a Ferrari F1 car, quite possibly, ever.

We'll see how "retro" they really go with the paint job! If they really go retro there won't be a single sponsorship decal on that car!

Which actually might well suit their sponsors at the moment!

LOL
Should look the business!

I believe the colour name is Rosso Corsa and it is still a (or the) Ferrari red road car colour :?:

Alonso in 1950-51 Ferrari 375

1954 Ferrari 375 plus

Alesi in 1991 Ferrari 643

Obviously, the shade depends on lighting -- I don't think it is as dark as people say, though obviously it's quite a bit darker than the near-flouresecent Marlboro red of most modern Ferrari racers (apart from 07-09 IIRC which ran more of an Alfa Romeo Competizione Red metallic colour).
Last edited by JordanMugen on 07 Sep 2020, 18:38, edited 3 times in total.