General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
HPD

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 14:36
After following this Honda PU project from the beginning, never thought it would come to this. This is amazing.
I never thought I'd see an Alpha Tauri win.
But I was surprised to see the race pace on the final stage. He was convinced that Mclaren would catch up with him easily.

We all know that Honda PU is not the best on the grid, but it is not as bad as some users try to show.
Congratulations Honda

ispano6

It's rare to see a comment from Hachigo.

IvailoStefanovBG

This win is worth for Honda like 20 or 200 with RB. People still think Honda engine is not good. But so much work done and Honda is the first engine supplier in hybrid era that have won with two different teams. So nice when you come from last to first...!!!

I think the win with AT means more to Honda than the first win with RB TBH. Nothing against RB, but AT as TR helped Honda salvage their reputation and TR was so happy to work with Honda. It must have been like a breath of fresh air after the time with McLaren. And how about McLaren. Good to see them so quick. It was not an easy road for either team, but I think the hardship they went through together really helped make both parties a lot stronger.,

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the SAT Honda beat the McLaren Renault but it was great to see them both fighting at the front. I can only hope the budget cap eventually leads to more of this.

Marti_EF3

At least Honda have achieved some things on this hybrid era that the other manufacturers not. Winning with 2 teams, and since 2012 it's the first non Ferrari-Merc-RBR win. And it's a Honda powered car on a power dependant track. That's great!

etusch

Marti_EF3 wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 19:24
At least Honda have achieved some things on this hybrid era that the other manufacturers not. Winning with 2 teams, and since 2012 it's the first non Ferrari-Merc-RBR win. And it's a Honda powered car on a power dependant track. That's great!
It would be wonderful one more win.

Zynerji

I won't lie, I was teary eyed watching this race. Underdogs winning is always an emotional experience. 🥲🥲

Wouter

Zynerji wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 19:48
I won't lie, I was teary eyed watching this race. Underdogs winning is always an emotional experience. 🥲🥲

:P :P :P Here's another one !! I was also very emotional.
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Wouter wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 19:52
Zynerji wrote:

Me too! My heart rate was growing up until the last lap! Looking with the app the sector times! That was an exciting one!

Big Tea

etusch wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 19:29
Marti_EF3 wrote:
It would be wonderful one more win.
A couple of podiums would be fine :D
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

etusch

I feel it as a win 8)

Juzh

IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 17:42
This win is worth for Honda like 20 or 200 with RB. People still think Honda engine is not good. But so much work done and Honda is the first engine supplier in hybrid era that have won with two different teams. So nice when you come from last to first...!!!
Underdog victories against all odds such as the one this weekend will always get massive attention but please stop deluding yourself. When Verstappen won his first race with a honda engine in austria 2019 hype was just as high if not higher and RB praised honda a lot, not least verstappen pointing on honda logo on his suit which then honda went and used on tons of promotional material. Do people really remember only what happened a day or two ago and completely forget everything else?

Zynerji

Marti_EF3 wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 20:04
Wouter wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 19:52
Zynerji wrote:

Me too! My heart rate was growing up until the last lap! Looking with the app the sector times! That was an exciting one!
Honestly, any of the top 3 could have won and had the same reaction from me.

It will go down in history as the highlight of the 2020 season.

maguetox

Marti_EF3 wrote:
I think is pretty clear that the possibility of win was due to a Mercedes mistake, however, more important, I think, this win was in big part to the strength and driveability of the Honda PU. We can safely said the AT chassis and aero is less developed and sophisticated than the McLaren one, and all in all, Gasly could keep Sainz at bay till the end of the race and the Racing Point with the Mercedes PU.

IvailoStefanovBG

Juzh wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 20:50
IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 17:42
Underdog victories against all odds such as the one this weekend will always get massive attention but please stop deluding yourself. When Verstappen won his first race with a honda engine in austria 2019 hype was just as high if not higher and RB praised honda a lot, not least verstappen pointing on honda logo on his suit which then honda went and used on tons of promotional material. Do people really remember only what happened a day or two ago and completely forget everything else?
I`m definitely not deluding myself. Actually I know Honda engine is not the best ATM. It`s pretty clear. But people still underestimate the true qualities of this PU and it`s mainly because of poor chassis RB made this year. I`m sure that 95% of what happend this week is due to unbalanced car RB made and not beacause of engine settings or potential. They needed just 2 tenths to be on second row and it was seen that overtaking at Monza is a nightmare even for Mercs. But Honda has very good and stable performance for the last two years and I`m sick of people still blaming Honda and the engine for all RB miscalculations and for their "tallent" to make car worse than last year with so many investments and workhours....That`s why AT and Honda and not at the last place Gasly deserved this win - Yes there was a big portion of luck but let`s not forget that luck comes to people who deserve it....