Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

raymondu999 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 09:53
Isn’t Lowden old Marussia/Manor CEO? Tbh if Seb is really considering moving on from driving (which I hope he isn’t) I wonder if he could be a good advisor role there, like Prost at Renault/Lauda at Merc type deal
After laughing it off, I think Chandook would make a very good adviser. He knows so much and has so much experience, obviously well educated, and he is the sort of guy people in or out of F1 dont mind dealing with.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Ferrari & RP both withdrawal appeal ending 'Copy Saga'; what is stopping Vettel from announcing the deal now or it was just a rumor after all.

wickedz50
wickedz50

NAPI10 wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 14:22
Ferrari & RP both withdrawal appeal ending 'Copy Saga'; what is stopping Vettel from announcing the deal now or it was just a rumor after all.
Honestly Vettel should retire... that RP Aston Martin in 2021 and beyond will not be a race winner anyway.

Big Tea

wickedz50 wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 14:28
NAPI10 wrote:
Honestly Vettel should retire... that RP Aston Martin in 2021 and beyond will not be a race winner anyway.
I would not be surprised if we saw 2 champions in the same team next year, and not Mercedes

holeindalip
holeindalip

Big Tea wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 14:30
wickedz50 wrote:
NAPI10 wrote:
I would not be surprised if we saw 2 champions in the same team next year, and not Mercedes
How? Renault already has a contract with ocon so Alonso/vettel not going to happen, and if you mean Hamilton/vettel @ Aston Martin that’s not going to happen. Why would Hamilton jump out of the most doninant team ever to go to the midfield? Just to kill vettels career that’s already over??

Big Tea

holeindalip wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 19:07
Big Tea wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 14:30
wickedz50 wrote:

How? Renault already has a contract with ocon so Alonso/vettel not going to happen, and if you mean Hamilton/vettel @ Aston Martin that’s not going to happen. Why would Hamilton jump out of the most doninant team ever to go to the midfield? Just to kill vettels career that’s already over??
No, I did mean Alonso and Vettel. Contracts do not seem to hold up once there is internal conflict in a team.
Both the driver and team boss are not known for sitting down and quietly sorting through the problem, it just takes one to be a little too belligerent and there is a spare seat

PlatinumZealot

Ocon looks like he is on a tight string. Not beena good boy of late.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

holeindalip
holeindalip

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 23:21
First time I’ve heard of ocon and Renault butting heads... news to me.

Scorpaguy

Does anyone know his reputation? Is he a good kid or a bit of a diva? When he and Hulk were left high/dry...there was certainly a lot of calls begging for him to have a drive...I never heard him say anything that reeked of entitlement. I really only remember the Max passing/wrecking incident and how he positively melted when Max confronted him.

Moore77

holeindalip wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 23:33
PlatinumZealot wrote:
It's more a wish than news, driven by Perez affection. Sensanalization at best.

Ocon was complaining to his engineer after the race on radio that they missed a massive opportunity. To which his engineer said, lets discuss it later but ocon continued. Cyril then came and said this is not the place and Ocon stopped. Period.

In fact Leclerc has been much harsher last year and this on radio. Russell was way more angry to his team on radio after qualifying farce.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Jolle
Jolle

Moore77 wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 05:33
holeindalip wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Ocon was complaining to his engineer after the race on radio that they missed a massive opportunity. To which his engineer said, lets discuss it later but ocon continued. Cyril then came and said this is not the place and Ocon stopped. Period.

In fact Leclerc has been much harsher last year and this on radio. Russell was way more angry to his team on radio after qualifying farce.
They are just preparing the team for “we look like amateurs”, “GP2 engine” and “I don’t wanna” for next year.

Moore77

Jolle wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 09:05
Moore77 wrote:
holeindalip wrote:

They are just preparing the team for “we look like amateurs”, “GP2 engine” and “I don’t wanna” for next year.
Provided, Renault goes back to Honda 2015 level.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Jolle
Jolle

Moore77 wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 09:08
Jolle wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 09:05
Moore77 wrote:

Provided, Renault goes back to Honda 2015 level.
“Esteban, P8. Mode 0, pickup rubber and simulation H15 until park ferme, confirm please”

“This is a joke”

DChemTech
DChemTech

Scorpaguy wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 03:49
Does anyone know his reputation? Is he a good kid or a bit of a diva? When he and Hulk were left high/dry...there was certainly a lot of calls begging for him to have a drive...I never heard him say anything that reeked of entitlement. I really only remember the Max passing/wrecking incident and how he positively melted when Max confronted him.
Based on what we've seen of him (some clashes with Perez & the Max incident mostly), I cannot help but have the impression that he is a bit of a psychological bully. The type of person that throws around little stingy comments, trying to provoke the other, and when the other party responds he plays all innocent while the other party gets the blame. That was very clear with the Max incident. When Max took the bait after the race, Ocon just stood there smirking, and it worked - Max got penalized for the post-race incident, Ocon got away. It very much reminded me of some early high school days, where you always have those types that can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the teachers/rest of the world, but straight up terrorize some other students. Admittedly, I have shown some of that behavior in those days, perhaps that's why it resonates in case of Ocon now.

On the other hand, Peter Windsor once berated me for commenting something of the like below a youtube video discussing the incident - he says Ocon is an honest and good kid. Maybe he's right, he gets closer than most of us for sure. On the other hand, maybe he just fell for the trick as well. Most people do. I guess I'm not the one to judge either way - but personally, I'm not too impressed with Ocon based on what we do see publicly.

holeindalip
holeindalip

DChemTech wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 11:44
Scorpaguy wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 03:49
Based on what we've seen of him (some clashes with Perez & the Max incident mostly), I cannot help but have the impression that he is a bit of a psychological bully. The type of person that throws around little stingy comments, trying to provoke the other, and when the other party responds he plays all innocent while the other party gets the blame. That was very clear with the Max incident. When Max took the bait after the race, Ocon just stood there smirking, and it worked - Max got penalized for the post-race incident, Ocon got away. It very much reminded me of some early high school days, where you always have those types that can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the teachers/rest of the world, but straight up terrorize some other students. Admittedly, I have shown some of that behavior in those days, perhaps that's why it resonates in case of Ocon now.

On the other hand, Peter Windsor once berated me for commenting something of the like below a youtube video discussing the incident - he says Ocon is an honest and good kid. Maybe he's right, he gets closer than most of us for sure. On the other hand, maybe he just fell for the trick as well. Most people do. I guess I'm not the one to judge either way - but personally, I'm not too impressed with Ocon based on what we do see publicly.
Well max asked him wait he was doing and and ocon told him he was faster than him, max proceeded to push ocon around. In my view max was in the wrong on the track and off.

What you say maybe true but, when a lot of kids look up to you, and you go around pushing people after the race acting like child. Which one looks better to the general public and everyone watching?