[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MtthsMlw

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

I hope they go without any sponsors.

Scorpaguy

I hear they are going to rebadge as Fiat for the rest of the year.

Big Tea

Scorpaguy wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 21:42
Fiat are complaining it will make them look bad

Seriously, It may literally be a magic bullet. They turn up one weekend and it is much better. (or not)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Scorpaguy

Big Tea wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 22:24
Scorpaguy wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 21:42
Fiat are complaining it will make them look bad

Seriously, It may literally be a magic bullet. They turn up one weekend and it is much better. (or not)
Yep...genius. The way Fiats shed bits and pieces at speed, the car will be absolutely featherweight towards the end of a GP. Too bad Seb seemed to need the brakes that were discarded by his Ferrari/Fiat at Monza.

wesley123

LM10 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 22:26
gshevlin wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 21:18
Nobody who wants stability would join Ferrari right now. The chances that Mattia Binotto will still be in charge in 18 months are not good, simply based on past Ferrari behavior. They are prepared to sacrifice anybody if that is deemed to be necessary to mollify the disappointed.
Funny thing is that it's the fans and media asking for heads to roll. Ferrari is in a phase of changes. They finally (and luckily) seem to have understood that sacking everyone is no solution. So their current way of thinking is totally contrary to what you've written.
Stability is great and all, but if your leadership is making a mess of it, then someone has to get fired. Under the leadership of Binotto they have managed to turn a championship contender to a midfield runner in just 3 years. Not even Martin Whitmarsh could do that.

Then you can say 'it takes time', but an important part of leadership is taking responsibility; which he does not do. Not even remotely.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

MtthsMlw

Moore77

wesley123 wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 13:46
LM10 wrote:
gshevlin wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 21:18
Nobody who wants stability would join Ferrari right now. The chances that Mattia Binotto will still be in charge in 18 months are not good, simply based on past Ferrari behavior. They are prepared to sacrifice anybody if that is deemed to be necessary to mollify the disappointed.
Funny thing is that it's the fans and media asking for heads to roll. Ferrari is in a phase of changes. They finally (and luckily) seem to have understood that sacking everyone is no solution. So their current way of thinking is totally contrary to what you've written.
Stability is great and all, but if your leadership is making a mess of it, then someone has to get fired. Under the leadership of Binotto they have managed to turn a championship contender to a midfield runner in just 3 years. Not even Martin Whitmarsh could do that.

Then you can say 'it takes time', but an important part of leadership is taking responsibility; which he does not do. Not even remotely.
The previous championship contenders wouldn't have fared better, if the PU would have been in same situation. There was one major mistake, which probably was approved long while ago, which is biting extremely hard now. I am sure the chassis is an evolution from the past contenders, just that, not having enough grunt is making it appear a complete donkey. Firing and changing the organization now isn't going to yield anything. This is the time for leadership to show patience and trust. Open up the atmosphere for people to speak up honestly and not persecute them, allow ideas to come in front and look at them without prejudice. Fix the problems, not people.

Doing what has been done in the past, isn't going to make things better. 12 years are gone without a title, but there have been upteen number of executions. For a change, they should retain continuity and see how that goes. Ferrari shouldn't let people and media to drive decisions. For God's sake, fire those b*****s who constantly leak info to Italian media and keep those hungry tabloid vultures away from Maranello.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Xwang

Moore77 wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 19:05
wesley123 wrote:
LM10 wrote:

The previous championship contenders wouldn't have fared better, if the PU would have been in same situation. There was one major mistake, which probably was approved long while ago, which is biting extremely hard now. I am sure the chassis is an evolution from the past contenders, just that, not having enough grunt is making it appear a complete donkey. Firing and changing the organization now isn't going to yield anything. This is the time for leadership to show patience and trust. Open up the atmosphere for people to speak up honestly and not persecute them, allow ideas to come in front and look at them without prejudice. Fix the problems, not people.

Doing what has been done in the past, isn't going to make things better. 12 years are gone without a title, but there have been upteen number of executions. For a change, they should retain continuity and see how that goes. Ferrari shouldn't let people and media to drive decisions. For God's sake, fire those b*****s who constantly leak info to Italian media and keep those hungry tabloid vultures away from Maranello.
Are Alfa Romeo's and Haas' performances too much similar to Ferrari's one to be only an engine problem?

JordanMugen

JordanMugen wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 18:27
I believe the colour name is Rosso Corsa and it is still a (or the) Ferrari red road car colour :?:
My mistake, the cars are not Rosso Corsa like in 1950-51 Formula One (or as you can see the car in the background) but rather a dark burgundy like the 1947 Ferrari 125S sportscar.

Carmack

You have been warned :)

Mamba

Carmack wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 20:25
You have been warned :)
http://shrani.si/f/1t/3/2ObaU0TK/capture.jpg
Considering Spa non-score & a double DNF in Monza I doubt Ferrari care too much :lol: . It can only go better...
It is actually Merc who seems to falter when there is 50's attire around... Fingers crossed!

LM10

MtthsMlw wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 18:26
https://i.imgur.com/famUJhK.png
I like it!

Morteza

MtthsMlw wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 18:26
https://i.imgur.com/famUJhK.png
And the drivers' outfits

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Schippke

Liking the 1-off livery; The lashing of Gold on the drivers overalls would've also looked good on and around the car too, maybe replacing the Italian Flag stripes for this race.

I reckon they could've gotten away with making the wheels gold too; Loved the look of those on the older Ferraris and the more recent ones in the 90's, but I digress... nice to see them celebrating it in some way... in what will most likely be another trying weekend for the team and all us Tifosi. :|

wesley123

Moore77 wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 19:05
wesley123 wrote:
LM10 wrote:

You can go for stability. But going for stability with someone who isn't fit for the role certainly will not yield results.
Has Binotto at any point in his role shown to be actually fit for the role? No.

He doesn't own the mistakes in the team, and if he does he extends it to everyone else. Outside of that there are just vague answers. To call the Monza weekend 'difficult' is just depressing when they first apparently didn't even notice a brake failure on Vettels car, and Leclerc spectacularly crashed out because he is overdriving the car.

I'm definitely not a Ferrari fan, but even I begin to feel sad for the drivers and everyone else who is involved in the team.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender