[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

MtthsMlw wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 15:45
Oof
Painful. Even if he could 'see' it coming, that's still harsh.
Where can Checo go?

Alfa, Haas, RedBull.

Would love to see him @ RBR.
Expect him to be @ Alfa.
Think he'd sit most relaxed @ Haas.

Or......How about Williams to replace Latifi
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 20:57
MtthsMlw wrote:
Oof
Where can Checo go?

Alfa, Haas, RedBull.

Expect him to be @ Alfa.

I would like to know how the tie in with Latifi now works at Williams. Not sure if it was a multi year, but it would have been with a team that may have other ideas. If they decide that points make prizes, they may well want to get a better driver in (not that I consider Latifi too bad)

If they want to go for publicity or to pull a particular group, they can decide they need a US or Japan driver or what ever. If a US driver, Did not Max Chilton drive for the guy just put in charge? The name Andretti always gets headlines in US, or even a name in US and Eurpe and Japan like Sato to kill 2 birds?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NAPI10

Perez made some interesting comments -
“I know that I’m leaving a great car. Looking at next year, I think definitely the team will be stronger next year than this year. In that regard, it hurts a bit more knowing that you’re leaving a good car,”

Could be next year's car a better package( closer to W11).

MtthsMlw

NAPI10 wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 21:59
Perez made some interesting comments -
“I know that I’m leaving a great car. Looking at next year, I think definitely the team will be stronger next year than this year. In that regard, it hurts a bit more knowing that you’re leaving a good car,”

Could be next year's car a better package( closer to W11).
Unless they change the token system RP can for example get the W11's gearbox and rear suspension (which would be a nice upgrade) token free.
I think for anything further they'd have to adapt the high sidepod inlet which definitely requires two tokens if that's possible to do anyways.

mem

you shouldn't underestimate Toto he is dangerous , AMR will be a very good car next year
Lawrence stroll , AM brand , 4 title champ , funds , all under Toto control he is a snake.

Racer X

Hoffman900 wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 19:37
Racer X wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 18:56
holeindalip wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 14:39

Seb doesn’t follow team orders, what world have you been living in?
They dont have to give team orders to Vettel to* favor Lance*, i'm talking about literally ORDERS TO THE TEAM.... Its in the English im talking about giving orders to the team that favor Stroll over Vettel.
like they gave orders to the team that favored Lance in Silverstone. WHAT im saying if you read my comment is i HOPE they dont do that to Vettel in any way. Or do that FOR Lance if you will...
They favored Lance for drivers points.

Why would you favor a driver who is in the car for two races to take points away from one that is in the car all season?

The amount of tin foil hats here is incredible.

The the amount of people who over react to tiny details within a paragraph who disect every little bit of some ones opinion is incredible too.

I just said "I hope it does not happen with Vettel" and I also stated that I DO NOT think it happens with Perez. Although his pit stops have been quite bad they don't seem like they are intentionally bad. The REASON I mention any of this is because Vettel Is getting terrible strategy and team orders in favor of Leclerc AT FERRARI and I just hope that Lawrence does not do that to him with his son. Because then it will be more or less more of the same at Aston Martin for Sebastian. Which I HOPE does not happen. You really need to read better and take the entirety of what some one says into consideration. Don't just reply to a specific sentence within what the other person says. Because the entire thing is their opinion you're chosing to reply to little bits of it. Are you familiar with what a paragraph is? Well it's all clearly there should I explain a 3rd time?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

shotzski

Big Tea wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 21:47
Manoah2u wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 20:57
MtthsMlw wrote:
Oof
Where can Checo go?

Alfa, Haas, RedBull.

Expect him to be @ Alfa.

I would like to know how the tie in with Latifi now works at Williams. Not sure if it was a multi year, but it would have been with a team that may have other ideas. If they decide that points make prizes, they may well want to get a better driver in (not that I consider Latifi too bad)
Nicholas Latifi won't go anywhere, as they only not bring sponsor money to the team, but his dad loaned Williams some $50M(If I remember correctly) prior to the team sale.

Moore77

He can easily replace one of the clowns at Haas and it will be of good value for Haas. In fact, Haas should get rid of both the clowns and take Perez and Hulk.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

PowerandtheGlory

Moore77 wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 03:55
He can easily replace one of the clowns at Haas and it will be of good value for Haas. In fact, Haas should get rid of both the clowns and take Perez and Hulk.
Brilliant idea! Thry needs Ferrari to pull their finger out on the side... or anyone driving a ferrari engined car is going have a Dull 2021.. sorry Carlos
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Manoah2u

Moore77 wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 03:55
Since Renault is in talks to find another team to supply since they're losing Mclaren,
we could very well see a deal between HAAS and Renault, to become some sort of B-team or 'Sattelite' team.
They can use Renault parts for cheap, get a good engine discount, the Renault engine at this moment definately is better than that of Ferrari, and the pairing of Hulk and Perez would be a very respectable combination.

Hell, the way I see it right now is they might even be able to get their hands on the 2020 Renault F1 car, adjust it a tiny bit here and there, and paint it in Haas and TelMex colours. Perhaps Perez even brings in BWT to Haas.

Since I ASSUME, i might be mistaken, but I assume BWT will be exit next season @ Aston? I can't imagine Aston wanting a pink car, right?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Sevach

Perez will drop one position on the grid for his collision with Kimi in FP2.

Macklaren

Manoah2u wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 10:29

Since Renault is in talks to find another team to supply since they're losing Mclaren,
we could very well see a deal between HAAS and Renault, to become some sort of B-team or 'Sattelite' team.
They can use Renault parts for cheap, get a good engine discount, the Renault engine at this moment definately is better than that of Ferrari, and the pairing of Hulk and Perez would be a very respectable combination.

Hell, the way I see it right now is they might even be able to get their hands on the 2020 Renault F1 car, adjust it a tiny bit here and there, and paint it in Haas and TelMex colours. Perhaps Perez even brings in BWT to Haas.

Since I ASSUME, i might be mistaken, but I assume BWT will be exit next season @ Aston? I can't imagine Aston wanting a pink car, right?
i like this idea a lot. Gene Haas would be silly to not take it if this offer was on the table. They would be MUCH better off as Renault's "partner" B-team than as Ferrari's C-team

Manoah2u

Exactly. Not to mention that Perez not only brings a load of money aboard, which honestly fits even better with an American outfit, he also is much faster, better to develop and much wiser even in his pinky than both magnussen and grosjean combined have in their entire arsenal. Perez would be dancing circles around them both, and because of a decent sponsor deal AND if he'd go for a worthwile Renault partnership not only would he be able to afford Perez, whom honestly pays himself back anyway, the team gets a huge financial boost by it anyway, they'll perform way better too, which hauls in more points thus better pay and exposure. This goes exponentially by pairing Hulk to the team. Hulk unfortunately may not be podium material if you may, but for Haas, i can't imagine anybody better, as Hulk still is a viciously good and capable driver. Hulk also would dance circles around K-Mag and Crashjean. And again, if Aston doesn't continue with BWT, then BWT can move with Perez to HAAS. Imagine how much of a benefit this is for the team.

If they copy 'RP's recipy for a former year car (eg renaults) then they can definately participate at the front of the midfield.

Staying like it is now, with Magnussen and Grosjean, and the slow Ferrari engine, will leave them at the BACK of the entire field alongside Williams.

falonso81

Since Toto could not bring Vettel to Merc, the "B Team" is the next best thing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 09:28
Exactly. Not to mention that Perez not only brings a load of money aboard, which honestly fits even better with an American outfit, he also is much faster, better to develop and much wiser even in his pinky than both magnussen and grosjean combined have in their entire arsenal. Perez would be dancing circles around them both, and because of a decent sponsor deal AND if he'd go for a worthwile Renault partnership not only would he be able to afford Perez, whom honestly pays himself back anyway, the team gets a huge financial boost by it anyway, they'll perform way better too, which hauls in more points thus better pay and exposure. This goes exponentially by pairing Hulk to the team. Hulk unfortunately may not be podium material if you may, but for Haas, i can't imagine anybody better, as Hulk still is a viciously good and capable driver. Hulk also would dance circles around K-Mag and Crashjean. And again, if Aston doesn't continue with BWT, then BWT can move with Perez to HAAS. Imagine how much of a benefit this is for the team.

If they copy 'RP's recipy for a former year car (eg renaults) then they can definately participate at the front of the midfield.

Staying like it is now, with Magnussen and Grosjean, and the slow Ferrari engine, will leave them at the BACK of the entire field alongside Williams.
Had to chuckle at that, Freudian slip or deliberate?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.