[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

with Ferrari setting new records (on the wrong side) every week, two DNS this weekend? postponing their 1000th race until Russia?

Bottini

So... that P3 from Charles... was it a fast lap with low fuel (done for marketing purposes perhaps)? Or could it be something else?

search

he did a couple of laps afterwards, and the longrun in the morning was pretty good as well. I guess they just went into the wrong direction in the afternoon (I mean, Leclerc didn't just drop from P3 to P10 but also went 3 tenths slower than in the morning, while everyone else improved), or had problems with rising temperatures.

edit: Leclerc said that they were surprised about their speed in the morning, so they tried something different in the afternoon to understand why they were so quick :D

JordanMugen

Jolle wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 16:41
with Ferrari setting new records (on the wrong side) every week, two DNS this weekend? postponing their 1000th race until Russia?
Not at all, Ferrari will be much more competitive in high downforce trim. They went quite well at Hungary. =D>

holeindalip

JordanMugen wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 04:25
Jolle wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 16:41
Not at all, Ferrari will be much more competitive in high downforce trim. They went quite well at Hungary. =D>
Finishing 6th and 11th both a lap down is quite well in your book?

Schippke

If you consider Ferrari's race in Budapest in 2019, where they finished 3rd and 4th and over a minute behind Mercedes and Red Bull, then the result of 2020 pretty much ends up balancing out due to the reduction of performance from the Power Unit.

That aside... I think Ferrari has a reasonable chance of getting Charles into Q3 and scoring some solid points. Vettel I'm not sure, since he has unfortunately looked off the pace pretty much since Budapest this year (make of that what you will). Ferrari's race pace isn't too bad in comparison to the cars around them (Race Pace) so they might be able to get a double points finish. Yes, it sucks saying that is the realistic solid target for a Grand Prix... but it is what it is.

2021/2022 cannot come soon enough if you're a Tifosi!

Ringleheim

The new color of red at Mugello is absolutely fantastic! It makes me sick to know we will likely never see this color again after this weekend, and then go back to the current terrible flat color they are using.

The deep retro color (like a darker version of rosso Mugello!) is so much classier, and it makes all the white writing on the car really pop with lots of contrast.

The actual "1000" decal is cheesy! But that paint color.....keep it! Turn over a new page!

Schippke

Ringleheim wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 07:54
The deep retro color (like a darker version of rosso Mugello!) is so much classier, and it makes all the white writing on the car really pop with lots of contrast.
I was thinking the same thing! The colour reminds me a lot of the actual Ferrari colour Rosso Mugello... wouldn't be surprised if that was almost somewhat deliberate!

I agree that they should go back to their Glossy Liveries from the past... The Rosso Corsa colours or even the Marlboro Red. I'm not a big fan of the Matte, but if it gives an apparently performance benefit... then we need all the assistance possible!

Chalke

Schippke wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 12:43
Ringleheim wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 07:54
I was thinking the same thing! The colour reminds me a lot of the actual Ferrari colour Rosso Mugello... wouldn't be surprised if that was almost somewhat deliberate!

I agree that they should go back to their Glossy Liveries from the past... The Rosso Corsa colours or even the Marlboro Red. I'm not a big fan of the Matte, but if it gives an apparently performance benefit... then we need all the assistance possible!
Just needs black wings of the late 80s/early 90s cars to top it off for me.

Moore77

That's a way beyond expectation! Having Leclerc on 5th. Wow!
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Schippke

Certainly was a bit surprising... arguably got a bit lucky there with the Yellow Flag at the end of Q3, but seemingly got everything out of the SF1000. I'm mystified by the lack of pace from Sebastian; Does a potential lack of motivation and maybe not having a car that suits him as much really equal that much of a gap to Charles?

I guess we're seeing the same thing to a point with Red Bull and Max compared to Albon... but even then the gap isn't that large. It is a shame, regardless of what the reasoning is; Sad way for him to finish up his time at Ferrari.

Rikhart

I wouldn't put it beyond this team to detune Vettel's car to justify sacking him. The performance difference between both drivers just suddenly started out of the blue, quite weird.

selvam_e2002

Rikhart wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 17:42
I wouldn't put it beyond this team to detune Vettel's car to justify sacking him. The performance difference between both drivers just suddenly started out of the blue, quite weird.
we will see when Saniz in Vettel place next year then we will know the clear picture who did what with the car.

subcritical71

Rikhart wrote:
IMO, I would think a team would sideline a driver before they purposely affect constructors points. Ferrari are not really in the habit of justifying anything they do, really. Stranger things have happened though.

Big Tea

subcritical71 wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 18:05
Rikhart wrote:
IMO, I would think a team would sideline a driver before they purposely affect constructors points. Ferrari are not really in the habit of justifying anything they do, really. Stranger things have happened though.
Yip, points are points where ever they come from
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.