[ 2020 ] Scuderia Alfa Romeo - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Alfa Romeo - Ferrari

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

i70q7m7ghw

I've always loved the designs of the Sauber steering wheels. They always seem so well thought out, where others tend to look cluttered and confusing.

Ringleheim

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

I like the new livery quite a lot. Very similar to last year but still quite nice.

And the red they have chosen is just fantastic.

Scorpaguy

...hmmm, quite sad that a great marque like Alfa has a team thread with no comments for 4.5 months. However, I guess it is more sad that the Team was arguably the worst performer of the last half of 2019, showed little speed or promise in 2020 preseason testing, and now looks to be chasing Williams. Sad times indeed.

fritticaldi

Raikkonen was slower than Giovinazzi by .8 sec. Considering his age, I think Kimi needs to seriously announce his retirement from F1. Iceman doesnt seem that motivated anymore and a replacement such as F2 drivers Callum Illot or Mick Schumacher wouldnt be a bad idea.

Silent Storm

fritticaldi wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 05:12
Raikkonen was slower than Giovinazzi by .8 sec. Considering his age, I think Kimi needs to seriously announce his retirement from F1. Iceman doesnt seem that motivated anymore and a replacement such as F2 drivers Callum Illot or Mick Schumacher wouldnt be a bad idea.
I was watching the live timing, Kimi's pace was closer to Leclerc at times when he was in free air. he was stuck behind Ocon. Also bad luck with the safety car timing after his pitstop as other were able to jump him. After passing Gio he was able to pull a 1 sec gap easily and was even matching Vettel before getting stuck behind the Mag and Ocon train.
Alfa Romeo has never been this close to Ferrari on race day. Shame the team messed up on Saturday sending both drivers in traffic.
Check out Seb, Charles and Kimi's lap times here
ImageImage

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... is_v01.pdf
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

fritticaldi

Alfa Romeo has recently signed up with Acer. The taiwanese computer giant was formerly with Ferrari. Perhaps Acer will make some laptops available for consumers in conjunction with Alfa Romeo . In the past Acer had made some snazzy laptops with Ferrari logos.

search

today's Austrian Kleine Zeitung (speculating about unequel treatment at Ferrari) claims that a former Sauber mechanic admitted that they rigged Nasr's car to advantage Ericsson, and that Kaltenborn was fired because she insisted on checking Wehrlein's car for any manipulations.

Was there ever any proof for that (I just seem to have missed), or are they just speculating?

Scorpaguy

For the 2020 season, it appears P15 is a defacto first place for the team...as AR, HAAS, and Williams all seem performance equivalents. Beating AT to the flag means something special has happened. RP, Mcl, Ren are all on a different level. Watching Kimi's onboard, the Ferrari mill is a dog...with DRS barely keeping a chasing Alfa equal on the straights.

Scorpaguy

...well, for Hungary, 15th seems a bit out of reach. It appears that AR have become last year's Williams. Kimi and Gio look to be fighting each other for 19th. I know that Kimi gets a check and free beer...I cannot fathom why AR keeps their name on this.

search

last week the race pace looked fairly promising. Without getting stuck behind the Ferrari incident on lap one, Raikkonen would probably have scored a point.

This won't be of much help in Hungary of course, but I wouldn't really write off the complete season yet.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Schippke

Biggest issue for Alfa Romeo (and Haas) is the Ferrari power unit in the back of their cars. Any potential progress that most likely would've made from last year to this year was most likely offset due to the massive reduction of performance in the PU. Obviously it isn't their fault that Ferrari got caught out, but if they had an engine of similar performance to any of the other manufactures, they'd be right in the thick of the Mid-field battle... which would be even more entertaining, since the Top 3 positions at the front are basically all well accounted for!

NL_Fer

Any suggestion what happens to AR if PSA & FCA would merge?

Morteza