[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle
Jolle
199
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

If you don't count the alleged illegal 17-19 car, Ferrari hasn't build a championship capable winning car since 2009. Is there any indication, recent hires or investments that could lead to a winning car for the first time in over a decade? It does feel like false hope.

Carl Mccoy
Carl Mccoy
-5
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm
If you don't count the alleged illegal 17-19 car, Ferrari hasn't build a championship capable winning car since 2009. Is there any indication, recent hires or investments that could lead to a winning car for the first time in over a decade? It does feel like false hope.
Illegal ? 2017 car with better aero than Mercedes or 2018 car. You drink too much.

Jolle
Jolle
199
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Carl Mccoy wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:36 pm
Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm
If you don't count the alleged illegal 17-19 car, Ferrari hasn't build a championship capable winning car since 2009. Is there any indication, recent hires or investments that could lead to a winning car for the first time in over a decade? It does feel like false hope.
Illegal ? 2017 car with better aero than Mercedes or 2018 car. You drink too much.
I think you’ve had your pink glasses on. Ferrari won 5 races vs 12 for Mercedes.

bruno958
bruno958
0
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:37 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm
If you don't count the alleged illegal 17-19 car, Ferrari hasn't build a championship capable winning car since 2009. Is there any indication, recent hires or investments that could lead to a winning car for the first time in over a decade? It does feel like false hope.
Agreed....at this point I am very bitter as a Ferrari tifoso. When the decision was made to pursue the 'cheating' strategy on the engine why did they not put in place efforts to develop a 'legal' path ? Not enough funds or resources? Do not think so. I was reading somewhere that Montezemolo was quoted as stating that the biggest stumbling block for Ferrari was the advent of the energy recovery system in 2010-2011 and the consequent downsizing from V8 to V6 engine blocks. I guess the Italians were way behind in development and engineering of the KER system technology unlike the Germans.

User avatar
Moore77
26
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm
If you don't count the alleged illegal 17-19 car, Ferrari hasn't build a championship capable winning car since 2009. Is there any indication, recent hires or investments that could lead to a winning car for the first time in over a decade? It does feel like false hope.
"Alleged illegal"? Could you say the same for Mercedes cars from 2014 to 2016, with regards to oil burning? It was also an allegation. Mercedes also slowed down in qualifying after oil burning restrictions were brought in. Does that mean, the previous cars were "Alleged illegal"? Fuel limit restrictions were in place to ensure, the PU can't be fed more fuel than what was allowed and under that light, oil being used as an additional fuel was illegal.

Mercedes W06 FRIC suspension was banned mid season. It was a classic case of illegal car being run, gaining illegal aero advantage from suspension. It wasn't even called "Alleged Illegal", which was actually illegal and Mercedes should have been disqualified for all those races where it used it.

One can say the same for EBD enabled Red Bull RB7. EBD was banned for 2012 by changing the exhaust layout. Using the 2012 impact it had on RB8, one can easily call RB7 as "Alleged Illegal" as it was apparent that, banning EBD had an impact to RB8. EBD was an undesired consequence of the poorly regulated area, just like the single sensor fuel monitoring was a poorly regulated area. You can't retrofit the regulations and allege the previous cars as illegal. We can bring more such instances.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Bsowles
Bsowles
1
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 5:21 am
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV. USA

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

bruno958 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:49 pm
From Ferrari CEO TODAY '"Mercedes, hats off to them, they've done an incredible job and we'll see in 2022 with the new regs, whether it creates a reset. That's our hope."
Stop watching races until March of 2022. It will be Mercedes 1 and 2 until then. Unless Ferrari hires competent people, it will continue to be Mercedes 1 and 2 until F1 goes bankrupt for lack of viewership.
Totally out of left-field here....with Binotto’s incompetence, is there any remote consideration of bringing back Arrivebenne?

hurril
hurril
57
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Moore77 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:10 am
Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm
If you don't count the alleged illegal 17-19 car, Ferrari hasn't build a championship capable winning car since 2009. Is there any indication, recent hires or investments that could lead to a winning car for the first time in over a decade? It does feel like false hope.
"Alleged illegal"? Could you say the same for Mercedes cars from 2014 to 2016, with regards to oil burning? It was also an allegation. Mercedes also slowed down in qualifying after oil burning restrictions were brought in. Does that mean, the previous cars were "Alleged illegal"? Fuel limit restrictions were in place to ensure, the PU can't be fed more fuel than what was allowed and under that light, oil being used as an additional fuel was illegal.

Mercedes W06 FRIC suspension was banned mid season. It was a classic case of illegal car being run, gaining illegal aero advantage from suspension. It wasn't even called "Alleged Illegal", which was actually illegal and Mercedes should have been disqualified for all those races where it used it.

One can say the same for EBD enabled Red Bull RB7. EBD was banned for 2012 by changing the exhaust layout. Using the 2012 impact it had on RB8, one can easily call RB7 as "Alleged Illegal" as it was apparent that, banning EBD had an impact to RB8. EBD was an undesired consequence of the poorly regulated area, just like the single sensor fuel monitoring was a poorly regulated area. You can't retrofit the regulations and allege the previous cars as illegal. We can bring more such instances.
Stop with this nonsense and be a fan of the sport instead of letting yourself be blinded by what you feel is your own team. Ferrari was caught and made to remove all the illegal kit on their car with a severely reduced performance as a result. No amount of relativizing is going to get around that fact. Mercedes (and Ferrari) were made to stop with the oil burning and now Ferrari was made to stop with whatever they were doing but one of them was doing a little more than the other, shall we say.

User avatar
Moore77
26
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

hurril wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:40 am
Moore77 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:10 am
Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm
If you don't count the alleged illegal 17-19 car, Ferrari hasn't build a championship capable winning car since 2009. Is there any indication, recent hires or investments that could lead to a winning car for the first time in over a decade? It does feel like false hope.
"Alleged illegal"? Could you say the same for Mercedes cars from 2014 to 2016, with regards to oil burning? It was also an allegation. Mercedes also slowed down in qualifying after oil burning restrictions were brought in. Does that mean, the previous cars were "Alleged illegal"? Fuel limit restrictions were in place to ensure, the PU can't be fed more fuel than what was allowed and under that light, oil being used as an additional fuel was illegal.

Mercedes W06 FRIC suspension was banned mid season. It was a classic case of illegal car being run, gaining illegal aero advantage from suspension. It wasn't even called "Alleged Illegal", which was actually illegal and Mercedes should have been disqualified for all those races where it used it.

One can say the same for EBD enabled Red Bull RB7. EBD was banned for 2012 by changing the exhaust layout. Using the 2012 impact it had on RB8, one can easily call RB7 as "Alleged Illegal" as it was apparent that, banning EBD had an impact to RB8. EBD was an undesired consequence of the poorly regulated area, just like the single sensor fuel monitoring was a poorly regulated area. You can't retrofit the regulations and allege the previous cars as illegal. We can bring more such instances.
Stop with this nonsense and be a fan of the sport instead of letting yourself be blinded by what you feel is your own team. Ferrari was caught and made to remove all the illegal kit on their car with a severely reduced performance as a result. No amount of relativizing is going to get around that fact. Mercedes (and Ferrari) were made to stop with the oil burning and now Ferrari was made to stop with whatever they were doing but one of them was doing a little more than the other, shall we say.
The lowest level of discourse you can get to, is when you start denouncing the arguments by calling them nonsense. This happens when someone lose rationale and have unilateral thinking. Instead of having sane arguments, you tend to throw emotions to try and shut someone else's opinion. I don't understand what makes some people think that, it's only their perspective that is right and others' is not. Get yourself out of irrational hatred towards Ferrari, which would then make you the non partisan fan of the sport. Please grow up and use right words in an argument and stop being bossy here as no one cares to take orders from strangers on an internet forum. If you don't like what is written, ignore it. You have all rights to participate on my post, as long as you stay respectful.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

LM10
LM10
106
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 pm
Carl Mccoy wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:36 pm
Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm
If you don't count the alleged illegal 17-19 car, Ferrari hasn't build a championship capable winning car since 2009. Is there any indication, recent hires or investments that could lead to a winning car for the first time in over a decade? It does feel like false hope.
Illegal ? 2017 car with better aero than Mercedes or 2018 car. You drink too much.
I think you’ve had your pink glasses on. Ferrari won 5 races vs 12 for Mercedes.
2017 Ferrari clearly had the best chassis/aero. The main reason they lost was huge power deficit compared to Mercedes.

Polite
Polite
20
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

LM10 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:56 pm
Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 pm
Carl Mccoy wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Illegal ? 2017 car with better aero than Mercedes or 2018 car. You drink too much.
I think you’ve had your pink glasses on. Ferrari won 5 races vs 12 for Mercedes.
2017 Ferrari clearly had the best chassis/aero. The main reason they lost was huge power deficit compared to Mercedes.
because AMG didnt attend the gentleman agreement on burning oil: 0,6l per 100km in race.. Mercedes won with an ice burning 0,9lper100km from Monza till the end of the yaer
https://azertag.az/en/xeber/FIA_confirm ... it-1089458

Toto also said this year that they are still burning oil while lubrification is done with new exotic materials..

User avatar
subcritical71
94
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: USA-Florida

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Polite wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 pm
LM10 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:56 pm
Jolle wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 pm


I think you’ve had your pink glasses on. Ferrari won 5 races vs 12 for Mercedes.
2017 Ferrari clearly had the best chassis/aero. The main reason they lost was huge power deficit compared to Mercedes.
because AMG didnt attend the gentleman agreement on burning oil: 0,6l per 100km in race.. Mercedes won with an ice burning 0,9lper100km from Monza till the end of the yaer
https://azertag.az/en/xeber/FIA_confirm ... it-1089458

Toto also said this year that they are still burning oil while lubrification is done with new exotic materials..
Show me an engine that isn't burning oil and I'll show you a car (engine) that is parked in the grass runoff area.

Polite
Polite
20
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

subcritical71 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:37 pm
Polite wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 pm
LM10 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:56 pm


2017 Ferrari clearly had the best chassis/aero. The main reason they lost was huge power deficit compared to Mercedes.
because AMG didnt attend the gentleman agreement on burning oil: 0,6l per 100km in race.. Mercedes won with an ice burning 0,9lper100km from Monza till the end of the yaer
https://azertag.az/en/xeber/FIA_confirm ... it-1089458

Toto also said this year that they are still burning oil while lubrification is done with new exotic materials..
Show me an engine that isn't burning oil and I'll show you a car (engine) that is parked in the grass runoff area.
Rumors on Renault is that they dont burn oil at all.
Amg was the first.. Ferrari followed.. but the main fact here is that while Ferrari got a Pu burning 0,6lper100km from Monza 2017 till the end, Amg burned 0,9lper100km for all the 2017 season: after that Ferrari got problems on the PU (Suzuka for Vettel!) side and lost the championship.
only in Uk noone want to see what happened that year ;)

hurril
hurril
57
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Moore77 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 am
hurril wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:40 am
Moore77 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:10 am
"Alleged illegal"? Could you say the same for Mercedes cars from 2014 to 2016, with regards to oil burning? It was also an allegation. Mercedes also slowed down in qualifying after oil burning restrictions were brought in. Does that mean, the previous cars were "Alleged illegal"? Fuel limit restrictions were in place to ensure, the PU can't be fed more fuel than what was allowed and under that light, oil being used as an additional fuel was illegal.

Mercedes W06 FRIC suspension was banned mid season. It was a classic case of illegal car being run, gaining illegal aero advantage from suspension. It wasn't even called "Alleged Illegal", which was actually illegal and Mercedes should have been disqualified for all those races where it used it.

One can say the same for EBD enabled Red Bull RB7. EBD was banned for 2012 by changing the exhaust layout. Using the 2012 impact it had on RB8, one can easily call RB7 as "Alleged Illegal" as it was apparent that, banning EBD had an impact to RB8. EBD was an undesired consequence of the poorly regulated area, just like the single sensor fuel monitoring was a poorly regulated area. You can't retrofit the regulations and allege the previous cars as illegal. We can bring more such instances.
Stop with this nonsense and be a fan of the sport instead of letting yourself be blinded by what you feel is your own team. Ferrari was caught and made to remove all the illegal kit on their car with a severely reduced performance as a result. No amount of relativizing is going to get around that fact. Mercedes (and Ferrari) were made to stop with the oil burning and now Ferrari was made to stop with whatever they were doing but one of them was doing a little more than the other, shall we say.
The lowest level of discourse you can get to, is when you start denouncing the arguments by calling them nonsense. This happens when someone lose rationale and have unilateral thinking. Instead of having sane arguments, you tend to throw emotions to try and shut someone else's opinion. I don't understand what makes some people think that, it's only their perspective that is right and others' is not. Get yourself out of irrational hatred towards Ferrari, which would then make you the non partisan fan of the sport. Please grow up and use right words in an argument and stop being bossy here as no one cares to take orders from strangers on an internet forum. If you don't like what is written, ignore it. You have all rights to participate on my post, as long as you stay respectful.
You are right in everything you say here but the emotions here are all yours. My post actually contains arguments. I talk about the oil burning they were all(?) doing and then I make a comparison with the current situation. These are called arguments.

I don't hate Ferrari, you are married to Ferrari. I love Ferrari because I am a fan of the sport. Ferrari is fantastic, their cars look great, they used to have a good engine but they were also not playing by the same rules.

Read you post again but put my name as the sender and yours as a target. It makes more sense that way, doesn't it?

User avatar
Moore77
26
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

hurril wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:04 pm
Moore77 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 am
hurril wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:40 am

Stop with this nonsense and be a fan of the sport instead of letting yourself be blinded by what you feel is your own team. Ferrari was caught and made to remove all the illegal kit on their car with a severely reduced performance as a result. No amount of relativizing is going to get around that fact. Mercedes (and Ferrari) were made to stop with the oil burning and now Ferrari was made to stop with whatever they were doing but one of them was doing a little more than the other, shall we say.
The lowest level of discourse you can get to, is when you start denouncing the arguments by calling them nonsense. This happens when someone lose rationale and have unilateral thinking. Instead of having sane arguments, you tend to throw emotions to try and shut someone else's opinion. I don't understand what makes some people think that, it's only their perspective that is right and others' is not. Get yourself out of irrational hatred towards Ferrari, which would then make you the non partisan fan of the sport. Please grow up and use right words in an argument and stop being bossy here as no one cares to take orders from strangers on an internet forum. If you don't like what is written, ignore it. You have all rights to participate on my post, as long as you stay respectful.
You are right in everything you say here but the emotions here are all yours. My post actually contains arguments. I talk about the oil burning they were all(?) doing and then I make a comparison with the current situation. These are called arguments.

I don't hate Ferrari, you are married to Ferrari. I love Ferrari because I am a fan of the sport. Ferrari is fantastic, their cars look great, they used to have a good engine but they were also not playing by the same rules.

Read you post again but put my name as the sender and yours as a target. It makes more sense that way, doesn't it?
I sincerely feel for you and the impact of those emotions on you. I wish I could help! The choice of words and tone associated is what represents aggressive emotions. Unfortunately, your post was nothing more than ranting. Opinions (they were also not playing the same rules) scattered as facts.

The new TD from FIA with regards to an additional sensor, has impacted their 2020 PU, as accepted by Binotto. You can't take 2020 rules and apply on 2019 and say, they were not playing by the rules. These are new rules, identified after realizing they left a grey area open. Just like the oil burning reduced the impact of quali mode on Mercedes. You can say, Mercedes did not play by the rules too! I have presented a few cases above, which I am not sure how much you read. I understand why you wouldn't have though.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

hurril
hurril
57
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Moore77 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm
hurril wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:04 pm
Moore77 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 am
The lowest level of discourse you can get to, is when you start denouncing the arguments by calling them nonsense. This happens when someone lose rationale and have unilateral thinking. Instead of having sane arguments, you tend to throw emotions to try and shut someone else's opinion. I don't understand what makes some people think that, it's only their perspective that is right and others' is not. Get yourself out of irrational hatred towards Ferrari, which would then make you the non partisan fan of the sport. Please grow up and use right words in an argument and stop being bossy here as no one cares to take orders from strangers on an internet forum. If you don't like what is written, ignore it. You have all rights to participate on my post, as long as you stay respectful.
You are right in everything you say here but the emotions here are all yours. My post actually contains arguments. I talk about the oil burning they were all(?) doing and then I make a comparison with the current situation. These are called arguments.

I don't hate Ferrari, you are married to Ferrari. I love Ferrari because I am a fan of the sport. Ferrari is fantastic, their cars look great, they used to have a good engine but they were also not playing by the same rules.

Read you post again but put my name as the sender and yours as a target. It makes more sense that way, doesn't it?
I sincerely feel for you and the impact of those emotions on you. I wish I could help! The choice of words and tone associated is what represents aggressive emotions. Unfortunately, your post was nothing more than ranting. Opinions (they were also not playing the same rules) scattered as facts.

The new TD from FIA with regards to an additional sensor, has impacted their 2020 PU, as accepted by Binotto. You can't take 2020 rules and apply on 2019 and say, they were not playing by the rules. These are new rules, identified after realizing they left a grey area open. Just like the oil burning reduced the impact of quali mode on Mercedes. You can say, Mercedes did not play by the rules too! I have presented a few cases above, which I am not sure how much you read. I understand why you wouldn't have though.
You feel sorry for me? This is out of line and I think you realise that. Enough of that.

The sensor was put there to understand in what way they were circumventing _the 2019 rules._

The cars were allowed to use oil and it was even specified how much. That was then changed and with that there were consequences. I'll just take your word for it when it comes to the negative impact this had on Mercedes' quali performance so we can deduce that they were in fact burning it.

If you had made this level of fuzz over Mercedes losing performance over the forbidden oil burning back then, then I would have called you out on that too. And you would have felt sorry for me and said all these things about me. No wait, you wouldn't have because you are only married to Ferrari, isn't that so?