Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Are Schumacher's WDC and Win records under threat of being eclipsed?

Will the 7 WDC record be broken?
3%
Will the 91 Victory record be broken?
26%
Neither record will be broken.
12%
Both records will be broken.
59%

Total votes: 172

Moore77

Re: Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

dans79 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 20:55
Moore77 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 19:34
Not everyone is lucky enough for a dumb decision turn into a lucky jackpot.
You are in know position to decide if its dumb or not, unless you know exactly what mercedes presented to Lewis behind closed doors in 2012!
Reportedly, 100 Million USD for 3 years. I am sure that was enough, to have a private jet lifestyle.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-d ... le4579355/

Did you know it wasn't a dumb decision, hopefully you were there behind the closed door.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

TAG

Thread's gotten quite salty as the OP nears inevitability at this point.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Manoah2u

Moore77 wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 04:07
dans79 wrote:
Moore77 wrote:
You are in know position to decide if its dumb or not, unless you know exactly what mercedes presented to Lewis behind closed doors in 2012!
Reportedly, 100 Million USD for 3 years. I am sure that was enough, to have a private jet lifestyle.

Did you know it wasn't a dumb decision, hopefully you were there behind the closed door.
All i can think of is how it would have been had 'Der Schumi' not retired, and simply stayed through atleast 2014.
We would have had 8 titles with Michael, the prospect of many more, and his records would be untouchable.
'Butterfly effect' would have meant chances are bigger Michael would have went out to ski on another day and time,
perhaps even skipping it completely. Imagine the impact. We would not even be having this discussion.

Hamilton would have kept his only title, and probably it would have been him that went to Ferrari instead of Vettel,
Vettel might have gone to Mercedes, and Verstappen might have signed with Mercedes instead.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dans79

Moore77 wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 04:07
dans79 wrote:
Moore77 wrote:

Seems I've strough a nerve, keep emotions in check it's not good for your health.

I wasn't talking about money, I was talking about what they might have discussed with him in regards to tech they where working on for 2014.
197 104 103 7

e30ernest

I've been reading back through the tread. Was an amusing read... Back then I would have agreed that Leclerc would take enough out of Vettel to hamper his WDC attempts. I did not think he'd beat him too. and Vettel would fall out of Ferrari completely. Just shows how unpredictable these things can be.

Moore77

dans79 wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 07:38
Seems I've strough a nerve, keep emotions in check it's not good for your health.
Not sure what this means.
dans79 wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 07:38
I wasn't talking about money, I was talking about what they might have discussed with him in regards to tech they where working on for 2014.
Then you could have been specific. So you are basing your argument that the decision wasn't dumb because, there was some discussion happened behind the closed door. Whereas I was saying it was dumb because it defied the conventional wisdom, when it actually happened.

Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 06:03

All i can think of is how it would have been had 'Der Schumi' not retired, and simply stayed through atleast 2014.
We would have had 8 titles with Michael, the prospect of many more, and his records would be untouchable.
'Butterfly effect' would have meant chances are bigger Michael would have went out to ski on another day and time,
perhaps even skipping it completely. Imagine the impact. We would not even be having this discussion.

Hamilton would have kept his only title, and probably it would have been him that went to Ferrari instead of Vettel,
Vettel might have gone to Mercedes, and Verstappen might have signed with Mercedes instead.
If Michael had stayed instead of retiring a second time, Rosberg would be a multiple champion. People forget that Rosberg beat Schumacher 3 - 0 in their time together at Mercedes.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:

It seemed it was kindly suggested to Mike to retire. Mike accepted with no regret. He said Lewis was worthy to take the seat.... He knew he would continue to get pummelled by Rosberg.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Moore77

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 08:06
Manoah2u wrote:

If Michael had stayed instead of retiring a second time, Rosberg would be a multiple champion. People forget that Rosberg beat Schumacher 3 - 0 in their time together at Mercedes.
Based on your past record of statements, wasn't Rosberg Schumacher's No.2? OR are those lies just a matter of convenience?

Wass85

dans79 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 23:07
Wass85 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 22:17
I'm not sure, what is Verstappen doing in this thread anyway?
It's here, because you were trying to say max is better than lewis in another thread. and Just_a_fan quoted youviewtopic.php?p=928785#p928785.
Wass85 wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 19:03
Like for like Verstappen did better, a fact that the stats will tell you.
IMO, Like many things with you, that argument bleed into this thread because you're usually arguing the same thing with multiple people across multiple threads. Thus people are going to use what you said in one thread against you in another.
Oh OK I get you, so you think it's a good idea to pollute this thread then?

e30ernest

Just_a_fan wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Yeah I agree with this. Schumacher at that point was not a match for Rosberg. Based on the points tally I did last time, Rosberg would have gotten 2014-2016. This is unless Schumacher was sandbagging because the car was not competitive, but I do think he was giving it full beans against Rosberg.

NathanOlder

Moore77 wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 08:24
Just_a_fan wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Based on your past record of statements, wasn't Rosberg Schumacher's No.2? OR are those lies just a matter of convenience?
No, remember what he said in the past. Mercedes dont do the whole number 1 and 2 thing #-o Thats a Ferrari/Red Bull thing. If Mercedes dont do it now, why would they do it 10yrs ago ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Moore77 wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 07:57
So you are basing your argument that the decision wasn't dumb because, there was some discussion happened behind the closed door. Whereas I was saying it was dumb because it defied the conventional wisdom, when it actually happened.
So IF and thats a big if, Hamilton's move was 'dumb' what does that make Michaels move that he signed in 1995 ? He went from a team that won 3 Championships in 2yrs, to a team that won 2 races in 5 YEARS!!!!! I mean Ferrari won 1 race in 1995, Benetton won 11 races. You must be calling that the dumbest move of last century ?

We fans know in reality it was a great move, Ferrari a bigger team just underachieving. Like Mercedes, I know they were a new team in 2010, but it was clear to see the size of the team, like Ferrari from 91-95 they were underachieving and just needed to put some pieces in to place to become the dominant force it did. Both teams built around arguably the best driver of their generation. Everyone can see that, but you just cant say/accept that Lewis was good enough to see this. You have to stick to it being a fluke! The thread continues in an argument simply because you have to disagree with multiple people yet again.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 08:27
dans79 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 23:07
Wass85 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 22:17
I'm not sure, what is Verstappen doing in this thread anyway?
It's here, because you were trying to say max is better than lewis in another thread. and Just_a_fan quoted youviewtopic.php?p=928785#p928785.
Wass85 wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 19:03
Like for like Verstappen did better, a fact that the stats will tell you.
IMO, Like many things with you, that argument bleed into this thread because you're usually arguing the same thing with multiple people across multiple threads. Thus people are going to use what you said in one thread against you in another.
Oh OK I get you, so you think it's a good idea to pollute this thread then?
Your boring tricks dont work anymore.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

e30ernest wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 08:32
Just_a_fan wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Yeah I agree with this. Schumacher at that point was not a match for Rosberg. Based on the points tally I did last time, Rosberg would have gotten 2014-2016. This is unless Schumacher was sandbagging because the car was not competitive, but I do think he was giving it full beans against Rosberg.
If he was sandbagging, it cost him a seat in a team that has dominated the sport like no other. In reality, there's no way he would sandbag though. He just didnt have it anymore and/or Rosberg was actually a very good driver.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.