2020 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, September 25 - 27

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
MtthsMlw

2020 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, September 25 - 27

Tyre Choices by Pirelli C3 - C4 -C5

2019 Results
Qualifying

Race

2019 Pole Lap

2019 Race Highlights

Wass85

Re: 2020 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, September 25 - 27

Arguably the worst track on the calender, a horrible GP.

Can Bottas at least show he has some fight in him at all, hopefully we see some battling with the two Merc drivers.

PlatinumZealot

Another power track. Tyres should last into the next race. Snooze fest expected.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2020, 00:37
Another power track. Tyres should last into the next race. Snooze fest expected.
Agreed.

This has become my "skip" race of the season.

Scorpaguy

Scenario 1 - Ham gets pole...good start...leads all laps...wins.

Scenario 2 - Ham gets pole...bad start...Bot leads...Ham under/overcuts...Ham leads most laps...Ham wins.

Scenario 3 - Bot gets pole...good start...Ham under/overcuts...Ham leads most laps...Ham wins.

Scenario 4 - weird crap...more weird crap...more weird crap...Ham wins.

Good grief what I would do for a Merc PU failure now and then.

PlatinumZealot

There is not even a place for people to crash. Only a torpedo into a car or three can save the race.

I just don't understand how Russia has a track like this.
This track does Russia no justice. When I think of Russia i think of dangerous situations. This track should be the one that needs the biggest balls in all the callendar. Sukoi jets flying over at the anthem. Track 15km long through the forest or some undergound base or something. It should be freezing temperatures with grizzly bears poping out at random points in the race. The marshals can handle the bears dont worry about that. On the podium no champagne. Just the harshest vodka you can ever imagine. Good luck if they can even swallow it. Grow a few chest hairs after drinking that stuff.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Moore77

21 Sep 2020, 04:44
When I think of Russia i think of dangerous situations. This track should be the one that needs the biggest balls in all the callendar. Sukoi jets flying over at the anthem. Track 15km long through the forest or some undergound base or something. It should be freezing temperatures with grizzly bears poping out at random points in the race. The marshals can handle the bears dont worry about that. On the podium no champagne. Just the harshest vodka you can ever imagine. Good luck if they can even swallow it. Grow a few chest hairs after drinking that stuff.
Stop watching too many clichΓ© American and Jane Blonde movies. :)

This track has given some good races, including "Valtteri this is James Here". How long would it take for this track to get abrasive?
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Bsowles

Any rough idea what the highest speeds will be here?

_cerber1

Bsowles wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2020, 06:48
Any rough idea what the highest speeds will be here?
Max speed 343.1 km/h

Bsowles

Thx, Cerber1. Enjoy the race weekend. πŸ‘

Fulcrum

Google search: "Tilkedrome".

Google: did you mean Sochi?

MtthsMlw

One thing is sure, whoever qualifies P3 leads after turn 2.

Wouter

MtthsMlw wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2020, 09:44
One thing is sure, whoever qualifies P3 leads after turn 2.
:) Isn't that always Max?
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

There is not even a place for people to crash. Only a torpedo into a car or three can save the race.

This track does Russia no justice. When I think of Russia i think of dangerous situations. This track should be the one that needs the biggest balls in all the callendar. Sukoi jets flying over at the anthem. Track 15km long through the forest or some undergound base or something. It should be freezing temperatures with grizzly bears poping out at random points in the race. The marshals can handle the bears dont worry about that. On the podium no champagne. Just the harshest vodka you can ever imagine. Good luck if they can even swallow it. Grow a few chest hairs after drinking that stuff.
Or they should just do like in most Russian big cities, have the track going from and to direction right next to eachother, 4 lanes wide, no (or slight) middle barrier. Spectacle guaranteed.

kalinka

Sieper wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2020, 12:18

Or they should just do like in most Russian big cities, have the track going from and to direction right next to eachother, 4 lanes wide, no (or slight) middle barrier. Spectacle guaranteed.
Yeah, and the line in the middle reserve for Kvyat :D