Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 17:13
Racer X wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 16:43
The only thing that bothers me about silly season is Hamiltons negotiations dragging out so much lol we all know hes going to stay at Merc. But why must his style be so dramatic all the time. I understand its part of his PR which is how he gets the massive sponsorship deals that he does. I also realize that there is a young generation of hypsters with cash and perhaps thats a demographic that Mercedes is tryin to get by having Hamilton be "woke" and be all socially bias. I fully understand that while Hamilton actually does belive what he fights for Mercedes backs him because they are riding the same financial benefit that Nike sees in supporting BLM and other corporate companies as well but.... Dam lol just announce it!!!!!!
You've got it all wrong. Toto says "we'll give you loads of money", Lewis "I want loads and loads of money", Toto "Ok we can do that", "And I want only blue M&Ms in the motorhome" "Nein, you ask too much!" :lol: :lol:
I hear the sticking point is the daily quantity of Bonio. Toto can not find a sponsor
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Racer X

Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 17:13

You've got it all wrong. Toto says "we'll give you loads of money", Lewis "I want loads and loads of money", Toto "Ok we can do that", "And I want only blue M&Ms in the motorhome" "Nein, you ask too much!" :lol: :lol:
You're right just blue... Everyone knows if anything you'd take the green ones because of Petronas.... That greedy son of a.... You're right ...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

raymondu999

Wolff says Merc is awaiting an answer from Lewis. I wonder if Lewis is pushing for a 1-year deal to retire on a high, while Merc wants stability from an “F1 Standard” 2+1/3 deal
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Big Tea

raymondu999 wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 07:30
Wolff says Merc is awaiting an answer from Lewis. I wonder if Lewis is pushing for a 1-year deal to retire on a high, while Merc wants stability from an “F1 Standard” 2+1/3 deal
Would that be a sticking point? It did not stop Rosberg :mrgreen:
If he signs up for how ever long and decides that is it, no real way would they try to keep him.
Possibly it's the other way. They have a good idea how he is thinking of the future, and it may not fit with their plans.

Jolle

Big Tea wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 11:29
raymondu999 wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 07:30
Would that be a sticking point? It did not stop Rosberg :mrgreen:
If he signs up for how ever long and decides that is it, no real way would they try to keep him.
Possibly it's the other way. They have a good idea how he is thinking of the future, and it may not fit with their plans.
Most of the time with these kinds of contracts, money is almost secondary. It’s more about the drivers availability for sponsors and other time consuming marketing things.

JordanMugen

Time to hazard a "guess". :D

Mercedes: Hamilton/Bottas
Red Bull: Verstappen/Albon
McLaren: Norris/Ricciardo
Aston Martin: Stroll/Vettel
Alpine: Ocon/Alonso
Ferrari: Leclerc/Sainz
AlphaTauri: Gasly/Tsunoda
Alfa Romeo: Raikkonen/Schumacher
HAAS: Perez/Shwartzman
Williams: Russell/Latifi

changes underlined

Phew, good thing that's all sorted. ;)

F1 rejects: Kvyat, Magnussen, Grosjean :cry:

Racer X

JordanMugen wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 17:20

changes underlined

Thats a pretty fair guess and i would guess exactly the same.

But i wish Latifi would leave and Perez would take his place at Williams on a 2 year deal and bring better funding to Williams, better funding to Williams would give us a better team mate for George also a faster car for both him and Perez and could see Williams putting a better fight again. Also would wish they would then bring in another youngster into Haas but that wont happen.

Big Tea

JordanMugen wrote:

changes underlined

And GIOVINAZZI rejected
:mrgreen:

Manoah2u

I am hoping for a Perez & Hulk combo @ Haas though, with a Renault deal.

I don't expect Schwartzman or Tsunoda to enter f1 before 2022 though.
Perhaps Schumacher, alongside Raikkonen @ Alfa yes.

I also don't believe the F1 team really will become Alpine, but i may have missed something.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

holeindalip

Racer X wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 17:42
JordanMugen wrote:

changes underlined

But i wish Latifi would leave and Perez would take his place at Williams on a 2 year deal and bring better funding to Williams, better funding to Williams would give us a better team mate for George also a faster car for both him and Perez and could see Williams putting a better fight again. Also would wish they would then bring in another youngster into Haas but that wont happen.
I think I said this a few pages back about Perez and Russell being a perfect pairing along with Perez bringing funding to Williams is a great deal...100x yes

selvam_e2002

I also wan to see Perez in either RedBull or Williams. Good to validate Russel and Max if he drove in same team.

selvam_e2002

I also think, As Alonso seat is ready, he also complained about lack of testing in 2021, he will jump into atleast two races this year with Renault. If it is gong to happen, I would love to see Alonso vs Ric in Renault before end of this year. so that we can see the two drivers true potential. I am hoping it should happen.

jumpingfish

selvam_e2002 wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 06:00
I would love to see Alonso vs Ric in Renault before end of this year. so that we can see the two drivers true potential. I am hoping it should happen.
I think we need to give Alonso few races for adaptation before comparison with Ric. He took a break for 2 years so it is probably not fair enough.

Racer X

holeindalip wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 23:12
Racer X wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:

changes underlined

I think I said this a few pages back about Perez and Russell being a perfect pairing along with Perez bringing funding to Williams is a great deal...100x yes
A bunch of us feel that way. I can't help but* think NOW lol 🤣 what might have been had Williams signed Perez and not Maldonado. Might Claire still be at the helm.... If she could have just lasted a nother 2 years in the new era I bet she could have kept the family business going. :(

holeindalip

Racer X wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 08:00
holeindalip wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 23:12
Racer X wrote:

A bunch of us feel that way. I can't help but* think NOW lol 🤣 what might have been had Williams signed Perez and not Maldonado. Might Claire still be at the helm.... If she could have just lasted a nother 2 years in the new era I bet she could have kept the family business going. :(
I think they still had plenty of money it’s just that when it’s time to hang it up it’s time to hang them up, I think with frank nearing the end and Claire having a family with all the traveling and stress it was best to just get out while they still had a chance....