[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cassius

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Marti_EF3 wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 15:30
If the engine were usable again, the most probable issue is electronics or software. Which usually are the worst to solve due to the huge amount of electronic components and complex software the ERS have... Hope they were only problems trying to push a little more and now are solved/back to normal spec. Because the PU's on the AT have worked smoothly every weekend
I hope it was just a combination of a sensor issue and how the electronics reacted to it and not related to the engine being pushed. An engine being pushed should just result in more damage reducing engine lifge, not to issues.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Max engine is pushed. There is no indication at all it was.

godlameroso

SmallSoldier wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 15:28
Wouter wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 23:23

Remind me where I said any such thing? You ask I answer. I have nothing to do with Honda other than owning a lot of them and having a business that works on them.

Last week you got the same question from me twice as above in a PM.
You may not remember, but then I also got an evasive answer.
If you post information here that only the people at Honda know, I would like to know if you got that information from Honda itself. Also now on the forum you don't answer my question, which is basically the same as those two in my PMs.

It may be that you delete your PM messages immediately, so I will now send you my PM again from last week, then you can see that even then, after my second time, you still did not answer. Just as I did not receive an answer to my question on the forum yesterday:
"How do you get this information from the past two weeks? Honda hasn't announced anything at all yet."
Hopefully you now do remember and it is a little clearer to you.

You also sent me a PM on Jan 25, 2020 telling me that you live in Miami and work with people from Honda like 3 or 4 months of the year, and that you hear things, talk to people and they tell you stuff (your words).

That is why I would like to know if you have inside information this time too.
He “speculates” about things, the problem is that he states them as facts... A lot of misinformation unluckily

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hmm, I don't recall being off the mark too often. Maybe a few weather predictions don't pan out, maybe I'm a few tenths off predicting qualifying times? Maybe I'm a bit off with predicting a car's relative performance? Seriously I'd like to know what misinformation I'm spreading. You Mercedes fanbois are too....liberal.
Saishū kōnā

SmallSoldier

godlameroso wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 15:28
Wouter wrote:
Last week you got the same question from me twice as above in a PM.
You may not remember, but then I also got an evasive answer.
If you post information here that only the people at Honda know, I would like to know if you got that information from Honda itself. Also now on the forum you don't answer my question, which is basically the same as those two in my PMs.

It may be that you delete your PM messages immediately, so I will now send you my PM again from last week, then you can see that even then, after my second time, you still did not answer. Just as I did not receive an answer to my question on the forum yesterday:
"How do you get this information from the past two weeks? Honda hasn't announced anything at all yet."
Hopefully you now do remember and it is a little clearer to you.

You also sent me a PM on Jan 25, 2020 telling me that you live in Miami and work with people from Honda like 3 or 4 months of the year, and that you hear things, talk to people and they tell you stuff (your words).

That is why I would like to know if you have inside information this time too.
He “speculates” about things, the problem is that he states them as facts... A lot of misinformation unluckily

Hmm, I don't recall being off the mark too often. Maybe a few weather predictions don't pan out, maybe I'm a few tenths off predicting qualifying times? Maybe I'm a bit off with predicting a car's relative performance? Seriously I'd like to know what misinformation I'm spreading. You Mercedes fanbois are too....liberal.
Don’t make it about politics... And I don’t want to derail the RBR - Honda discussion, but you have a tendency to:

A) State your opinions as “facts” when they aren’t backed by any factual information
B) Use made up “numbers” to support your statements, therefore giving the impression that you have factual information that you actually don’t have.
C) Defending your positions, by arguing that they can’t be proven wrong, instead of proving why they are right.

The fact that Wouter has asked you in one more than one occasion for your “sources” and you can’t bring one up is something that is most often than not the case (for example, the Honda engine problems, where you categorically state that the issues at Monza and Mugello aren’t related, when you don’t have any information beyond your suspicion that they aren’t)... Debating your opinions would be great, but as soon as you state yours as facts instead of opinions, there is no possibility for a meaningful discussion.

The saddest part is that you have to resort to childish insults as “You Mercedes Fanbois”.

I’ll leave it there... Have a great day

godlameroso

"Defending your positions, by arguing that they can’t be proven wrong, instead of proving why they are right."

Well when my positions line up with official statements from the team and they reflect real world data, should be proof enough. There's nothing political about fanbois being irrational and bitter, that's a you problem. Besides you act as if I owe you or anyone here anything at all. I don't owe you or anyone who isn't paying me to work for them an explanation for anything.
Saishū kōnā

TNTHead

Why are some people on rampage tour? Frustration is understandable when questions are not responded.
But lets try not to go down the 'you state opinions as facts' road. 1) It's more or less a personal attack 2) 99% of the statements on this forum is speculation by tech savvy F1 lovers who generally dont have any inside information.
So when reading any statement it is not a fact.

I for myself like those conversations where observations by several people together make an interesting story. Godlamoroso is valued by bringing some insights other didnt see or didnt come up with.

So lets enjoy together our separate views and lets try to make a fun discussion out of it.

Marti_EF3

I think some people were waiting until a PU issue to throw some BS here. Sometimes it's boring entering the posts to look what's going on about RB and Honda and all you read is hate and "personal battles". Will be better to have a constructive conversation without the need to enter here and post "Hey Honda is down to Renault and now it's not reliable" only for searching any type of confrontation. So PLEASE, let's stay talking about RBH without entering these toxic discussions

P.D. Albon was really strong on Sochi last year on Sunday, so I expect him to do a good job here. Also If Max starts from P3, we saw last year that the tow can be decisive to be P1 exiting T2

godlameroso

I'm eagerly waiting FP1, looks like the developments in Mugello worked, so I'm sure there's more to come, as they need to put out as many upgrades as possible before the deadline.
Saishū kōnā

Revs84

godlameroso wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 23:08
I'm eagerly waiting FP1, looks like the developments in Mugello worked, so I'm sure there's more to come, as they need to put out as many upgrades as possible before the deadline.
The Mid-2020 deadline has already passed. The last homologation deadline before 2022 is now R1-2021, which will be the first race weekend of 2021.

Meanwhile though, aero development can still be done till end of 2021. Everything else (except for the PU) requires the use of tokens.

Marti_EF3

The track was so dirty to take any conclusions about the car, but Albon looked he was battling with the car every corner with a lot of oversteer

Marti_EF3

The car is a dog at this track. It's useless on all corners, the only good it's T3... #-o #-o

Juzh

Verstappen was level with ricciardo after 2 sectors, just before his spin, so I think battle is on with the midfield this weekend. Certainly it's not on with merc.

godlameroso

No word yet on the long runs, on mediums he seems to be .5 off Bottas in race pace.
Saishū kōnā

Moore77

godlameroso wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 15:46
No word yet on the long runs, on mediums he seems to be .5 off Bottas in race pace.
Bottas on Hards did 16 laps with an average around 1:38.5xx and Max on Mediums (6 laps) did 1:39.4xx and 12 laps before that on Softs with 1:40.7xx. Bottas did 7 laps with an average of 1:40.0xx (anomalous laps removed).
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Marti_EF3

What surprised me is that the AT is almost on the same race pace than the RB (Gasly at least)

godlameroso

Moore77 wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 15:55
godlameroso wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 15:46
Bottas on Hards did 16 laps with an average around 1:38.5xx and Max on Mediums (6 laps) did 1:39.4xx and 12 laps before that on Softs with 1:40.7xx. Bottas did 7 laps with an average of 1:40.0xx (anomalous laps removed).
Looking at the long runs, individual lap times, consecutive times tells much more than average pace. That said I still see Verstappen a good .3-.5 off the pace, but clearly faster than anyone not in a Mercedes.
Saishū kōnā